Suggestion: RayWiki add secrets

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

Suggestion: RayWiki add secrets

Post by Rock_TBT »

I suggest that the secrets in Rayman 3, and other games if there are any, should be included on the pages of the levels on RayWiki, since all secrets have already been discovered and are well-known.

Does the secrets already exist on RayWiki? If so, I believe a sub-rubric should be present on the pages of the levels titled "secrets" with an image of the secret room.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Re: Suggestion: RayWiki add secrets

Post by RayCarrot »

I believe all secrets from Rayman games are present on the wiki already. Some, such as the Tomb of the Ancients Secret, have their own page while others are in the level articles.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

While I believe we did remove Rayman 3 level articles from the urgently needing expansion category, given how the UbiArt titles have extremely barren articles in comparison, some of the articles are still a little scarce.

If members do feel the need to expand articles further, by all means, feel free to do so. If you're unsure about whether or not your expansions will be accepted, you can always do one as a test and have it evaluated, as it's very easy to rollback changes if needs be.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Master wrote:If members do feel the need to expand articles further, by all means, feel free to do so. If you're unsure about whether or not your expansions will be accepted, you can always do one as a test and have it evaluated, as it's very easy to rollback changes if needs be.
Yep.

People often forget that the wiki is a collaborative project, everyone can edit it. :)
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I still have yet to edit anything in the RayWiki, and the only contribution I've made so far someone else inputted it for me. :mrgreen:
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I have edited the Wiki and added some stuff. I guess that makes me great then :P

I basically just added something StelzenBomber mentioned about Rayman 3D and then added some Globox quotes from Rayman 3 that were missing for some reason.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:17 pm
Master wrote:If members do feel the need to expand articles further, by all means, feel free to do so. If you're unsure about whether or not your expansions will be accepted, you can always do one as a test and have it evaluated, as it's very easy to rollback changes if needs be.
Yep.

People often forget that the wiki is a collaborative project, everyone can edit it. :)
I have trouble making the images line-up horizontally and have the descriptions of the images under them.

Also, I have added new informations in the trivia of Rayman Arena that you may not already know. Some parodies and images I have not been able to identify. May be some of you can help me.

Link to trivia: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Rayman_Arena
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rock_TBT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:55 am I have trouble making the images line-up horizontally and have the descriptions of the images under them.
Carrot took care of that for you. ;)
Rock_TBT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:55 am Also, I have added new informations in the trivia of Rayman Arena that you may not already know. Some parodies and images I have not been able to identify. May be some of you can help me.
Unfortunately, the images you've uploaded are all cropped and this is not allowed by our quality requirements. We strive to maintain high standards when it comes to game screenshots so it would be great if you could replace them with unaltered versions. ;)
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:59 pm
Rock_TBT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:55 am I have trouble making the images line-up horizontally and have the descriptions of the images under them.
Carrot took care of that for you. ;)
Rock_TBT wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:55 am Also, I have added new informations in the trivia of Rayman Arena that you may not already know. Some parodies and images I have not been able to identify. May be some of you can help me.
Unfortunately, the images you've uploaded are all cropped and this is not allowed by our quality requirements. We strive to maintain high standards when it comes to game screenshots so it would be great if you could replace them with unaltered versions. ;)
I´m on it. :)

Would be great if it was possible to add videos to RayWiki. I don´t mean linking to Youtube, but videos stored on the website. Like those rare trailers and rare making of-movies that Ubisoft has forgotten existed. RayMovies anyone?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rock_TBT wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:20 am I´m on it. :)
Thanks!
Rock_TBT wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:20 am Would be great if it was possible to add videos to RayWiki. I don´t mean linking to Youtube, but videos stored on the website. Like those rare trailers and rare making of-movies that Ubisoft has forgotten existed. RayMovies anyone?
We'd have to be careful not to clog the wiki with videos, but I agree that in some cases they could be useful. I'll see what our options are.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or

Post by Rock_TBT »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:37 pm
Rock_TBT wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:20 am I´m on it. :)
Thanks!
Rock_TBT wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:20 am Would be great if it was possible to add videos to RayWiki. I don´t mean linking to Youtube, but videos stored on the website. Like those rare trailers and rare making of-movies that Ubisoft has forgotten existed. RayMovies anyone?
We'd have to be careful not to clog the wiki with videos, but I agree that in some cases they could be useful. I'll see what our options are.
Are there any statistics regarding the forum or RayWiki or any other affiliated site? Does anyone actually read the RayWiki?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

At the moment we have no reliable stats to provide, but we definitely plan to. I know MediaWiki used to log page views but the feature was removed in 2015.

By the way, what version did you use to take your Rayman Arena screenshots? We need the information for the image templates.