Awardings?

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Jewish Candy
Creveton
Tings: 28664

Re: Awardings?

Post by Jewish Candy »

Ok; the MOD colours, being vastly superior, are for mods. The AWARDINGS colours, being mediocre but nonetheless ok, are for the good people who aren't quite up to a moddish standard, but deserve more than the average member.
Then again, we don't have enough AMs for this kind of thing to work. :(
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
[quote="Melody"]eybrows make everything shmexy[/quote]
DesLife
Froutch
Tings: 186263

Post by DesLife »

That's also my opinion. But another "who's the best English member" poll could be nice.
iHeckler9
Chasseur
Tings: 1830

Post by iHeckler9 »

Jewish Candy wrote:1: Ok; the MOD colours, being vastly superior, are for mods.
2: The AWARDINGS colours, being mediocre but nonetheless ok, are for the good people who aren't quite up to a moddish standard, but deserve more than the average member.
1: I agree completely with this statement.
2: I don't completely agree, but can be persuaded.
Current Rank: Jumping Eye. "AH GOD I DROPPED MY CONTACT LENS AGAIN"
A recent survey shows that 1 in 4 people are mentally unstable.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Jewish Candy wrote:Policemen shouldn't carry guns anyway. :mryellow: No one should carry guns.
Of course policemen should carry guns. How else will they kill criminal scum? Batons?
Jewish Candy
Creveton

Post by Jewish Candy »

spiraldoor wrote:How else will they kill criminal scum?
Perhaps by letting nature take its course? And who says people should be killed? :| Well, you do.
And anyway, batons are an effective way of killin' someone, if you've got enough police on one person AND you're into that kind of thing.
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I think there are pros and cons about using guns. Some criminals can only be intimidated with guns, others don't care too much or ignore it, but the policemen often must go by the guns in order to stop criminals from killing innocent people for example.
Jewish Candy
Creveton

Post by Jewish Candy »

Haruka wrote:I think there are pros and cons about using guns. Some criminals can only be intimidated with guns, others don't care too much or ignore it, but the policemen often must go by the guns in order to stop criminals from killing innocent people for example.
I can agree with that to a certain extent. I do feel, though, that the need for police to use guns perpetuates the whole cycle. You get threatened by a gun? Go out and buy one. It's as simple as that - at least, it is here in England, where life sentences never mean life. :( And they are SO easy to come by, I'm actually tempted to think that the British Government benefits from all the gun trade.
Sig by Juli Patti~
Words to live by:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I don't know how in there works, but there isn't a gun control, or a special license required to use weapons?
Jewish Candy
Creveton

Post by Jewish Candy »

Yeah, but as long as you keep the gun hidden, who's to know? That's the attitude a lot of people I'm (unfortunately) acquainted with have. It's all illegal, but that won't stop people.
Sig by Juli Patti~
Words to live by:
DesLife
Froutch

Post by DesLife »

Well I certainly didn't want to see that kind of debate here, especially if it's going to be another spiral versus the world debate. I think it'd be better just to stick on awardings.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

You're right, when I did this topic it wasn't to talk about guns but at least I gave my opinion.

Now, for the awardings. I still think that a different colour name or a symbol would fit for the case.
Jewish Candy
Creveton

Post by Jewish Candy »

How long would a 'premium user' thing last for? A month?
Sig by Juli Patti~
Words to live by:
DesLife
Froutch

Post by DesLife »

Lulz. There aren't many active members, do you really need we'll hold elections or whatever once a month ? :P
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

RaymanPC is DeviantART now? :tssk:
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Jewish Candy
Creveton

Post by Jewish Candy »

'Twas only a question... :oops2: Of course we need active members for this. And PC will only be dA when then number of active noobs outweighs the number of active authentic posters a zillion to one. Though I figure it won't be long before that does happen. :(
Sig by Juli Patti~
Words to live by:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

And if it was in 6 months? This is just a suggestion also.
StaceyW wrote:RaymanPC is DeviantART now? :tssk:
In which terms are you refering specificaly?
DesLife
Froutch

Post by DesLife »

Well if you really want to do it you could think about it a little more and come up with a plan that you would submit to the community. :) All suggestions are welcome.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Mind you, you have to pay real moneys for "PREMIUM MEMBAHSHEEP" on DA but this isn't what we're gonna have here is it?
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

StaceyW wrote:Mind you, you have to pay real moneys for "PREMIUM MEMBAHSHEEP" on DA but this isn't what we're gonna have here is it?
:boon: Since when I'm talking about Tings!?
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

StaceyW wrote:Mind you, you have to pay real moneys for "PREMIUM MEMBAHSHEEP" on DA but this isn't what we're gonna have here is it?
No this is rewarding members who have contributed greatly to the community by giving them "Prenium membasheeps" which gives them special sheet like coloured names.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant: