DREAMBOUND - Bound to the dream of releasing before 2037

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Re: ECLIPSE [ ... ]

Post by ikke471 »

Drolpiraat wrote:More great news: I'm getting GM:HTML5 soon and adapting my game to that. That means I will not only be able to continue from the code I already have, but the game will also be playable in web browsers and multiple platforms. :D
nice :D
wait... could that mean you're also releasing it on IOS and consoles

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 57630

Post by Droolie »

Danone wrote:have you uploaded any new video to your Youtube channel Droolie? :)
Nope, haven't got anything new to show yet. As I said I'm still rewriting the story and will only start working on drawing and programming when the story is completely finished. :)
ikke471 wrote:
Drolpiraat wrote:More great news: I'm getting GM:HTML5 soon and adapting my game to that. That means I will not only be able to continue from the code I already have, but the game will also be playable in web browsers and multiple platforms. :D
nice :D
wait... could that mean you're also releasing it on IOS and consoles
Yep, iOS too. For other platforms it depends on their support for HTML5. ^^

ikke471
Antitoon

Post by ikke471 »

how far are you with the story.. I can't wait for it

ikke471
Antitoon

Re: ECLIPSE [ Rewriting ]

Post by ikke471 »

sorry for the bumb... but I saw your new mosaic/wallpainting sig and it looks gorgeous ^___^
how's the rewriting going?

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

It's going pretty well - I haven't actually started writing everything down yet, but I have a 99% complete version of the story in my mind at the moment.
I was planning to write everything down during Easter holidays so if all goes well, you and RayFan (and maybe others who want to read and comment on the story) will get a PM with the script before the end of next week. ;)

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

Right, I best register my interest then for this script.

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord »

Drolpiraat wrote:and maybe others who want to read and comment on the story
Yep, I'm interested in reading up about nice ideas and storylines. Count me in! ;)
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

I’d actually like to take a look at the script too, but I’m likely to be quite useless.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution »

One of the main reasons I'm interested in taking a look is so that I can get an idea of how to write my own script, which is currently all up on the noggin. The other reason is of course to give feedback.

Shrooblord
Froutch

Post by Shrooblord »

RayFan9876 wrote:One of the main reasons I'm interested in taking a look is so that I can get an idea of how to write my own script, which is currently all up on the noggin.
Ah, yes. That's always neat, to have a story roaming free in your head. When I was still writing on my story (before its completion, not its cancellation), I had the ending roaming in my head for about a year before we all got to the point that I could really start working towards that ending. That was a real cool feeling, when I got to write the conclusion.

For my game, I've already been jolting down the game itself; what people say during the main storyline, what happens in cutscenes, cinematics, what the level itself is like and more of that sort. I'm already 2/3 on the way of the plot and about 1/3 + 1/6 on the way of the full details.

But back to Eclipse! It's nice to hear you've picked up an old and abandoned project again. It would be sad to just let it die.
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

Thanks for your interest everyone! I'll do my best to get the script finished next week. Really looking forward to everyone's feedback! ^^
spiraldoor wrote:I’d actually like to take a look at the script too, but I’m likely to be quite useless.
To the contrary, you're probably going to be very useful as you'll be able to point out errors in my representation of the Rayman universe if I've made any. :)
RayFan9876 wrote:One of the main reasons I'm interested in taking a look is so that I can get an idea of how to write my own script, which is currently all up on the noggin. The other reason is of course to give feedback.
That's one of the things I'm looking forward to most - feedback from a fellow game designer. :)
Oh and whenever you write your script and want people to read it like I do now, let me know as I'd love to read your script too ^^
Shrooblord wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:One of the main reasons I'm interested in taking a look is so that I can get an idea of how to write my own script, which is currently all up on the noggin.
Ah, yes. That's always neat, to have a story roaming free in your head. When I was still writing on my story (before its completion, not its cancellation), I had the ending roaming in my head for about a year before we all got to the point that I could really start working towards that ending. That was a real cool feeling, when I got to write the conclusion.

For my game, I've already been jolting down the game itself; what people say during the main storyline, what happens in cutscenes, cinematics, what the level itself is like and more of that sort. I'm already 2/3 on the way of the plot and about 1/3 + 1/6 on the way of the full details.

But back to Eclipse! It's nice to hear you've picked up an old and abandoned project again. It would be sad to just let it die.
Glad to see more people are starting to take making games seriously. Welcome to our little club of game-making Rayman fans. :P
Let me know when you release more info! ^^
Also, about Eclipse (which will not stay Eclipse for long anymore), it doesn't really feel like my old and abandoned project that much anymore. The worlds and overall setting - everything is completely different, only some characters, plot elements and most importantly, the atmosphere, remain. :)

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Drolpiraat wrote:That's one of the things I'm looking forward to most - feedback from a fellow game designer. :)
Oh and whenever you write your script and want people to read it like I do now, let me know as I'd love to read your script too ^^
That would be excellent, thanks! :) I wonder if Spiraldoor would be interested in reading mine as well, for the same reasons you gave for him reading yours.

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1165

Post by Bloodgrey »

I'd also like to read the story when it's finished, solely for giving feedback, I'm also writing stories and scripts for comics, which have limited publications, I'm usualy very profound with my scripts, I might be a good help for you.

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

RayFan9876 wrote:I wonder if Spiraldoor would be interested in reading mine as well, for the same reasons you gave for him reading yours.
In order to take advantage of my expertise, you must pay a grisly price.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

spiraldoor wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:I wonder if Spiraldoor would be interested in reading mine as well, for the same reasons you gave for him reading yours.
In order to take advantage of my expertise, you must pay a grisly price.
Can I pay you in the form of script-review credit? :mrgreen:

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

Bloodgrey wrote:I'd also like to read the story when it's finished, solely for giving feedback, I'm also writing stories and scripts for comics, which have limited publications, I'm usualy very profound with my scripts, I might be a good help for you.
Right, you're in. :)
So now it's ikke, RayFan, Master4lyf1, Shrooblord, spiral and Bloodgrey. ^^
The sad news is that there will probably be a two week delay in the script. Writing it all down is taking longer than I thought and my university work (= making an Angry Birds clone in java) is taking most of the time I'd rather use for the script away. I've only written the beginning of the script so far (and it's already pretty awesome), but I'll be able to work on it much more after my university work is finished. Easter holidays are over next week though so I'll probably be writing during class then too. XD

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

May I also give a look to your script Droolie? I think I could also give an opinion. ^^

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

Haruka wrote:May I also give a look to your script Droolie? I think I could also give an opinion. ^^
Of course! :D
You're the last one then, as feedback from 7 people is enough I think. Besides, I'm also letting my sister and some friends read it so I'll have more than enough feedback to work with. :)

Watch your PM inbox in the coming weeks, ikke, RayFan, Master4lyf1, Shrooblord, spiral, Bloodgrey and Haruka. ;)
And be prepared, because the script is... long, to say the least. I'm trying to make it as detailed as possible so you have a clear picture of what the game will be like. ^^

ikke471
Antitoon

Post by ikke471 »

I'll try to read it all... I can't promise anything though =P

Shrooblord
Froutch

Post by Shrooblord »

I'll read every word of it, but you'll have to grant me time.