Rayman 2 HD

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Re: Rayman 2 Remake

Post by The Jonster »

The link is fine ;)

I should use this sometime for things :D
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Yeah I found it funny that it's called waifu2x but it actually does an amazing job :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Hakyra
Podocroc
Tings: 296

Post by Hakyra »

Will look onto it!

I use photoshop to upscale, preserve details 2.0 + watercolor filter, i will try out this website once i'm home, it won't be around for 2 days still, i will post a comparison then.
-Hakyra
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Yeah do and let us know what the results are. Ill actually try play around with Photoshop myself and see what I can do too :)
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Rycer
Barbara
Tings: 10120

Post by Rycer »

I came across an improved waifu2x, where you can upscale up to 10 times :0
https://waifu2x.me/index.en.html
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Rycer wrote:I came across an improved waifu2x, where you can upscale up to 10 times :0
https://waifu2x.me/index.en.html
Nice one. That actually makes it much easier than making the image 2x, then loading that one and making it 2x again repeatedly etc :D

Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

Comparison time!!

so, i will the cage, as i don't have a lot of time today:

CAGE:
original re-constructed texture (since the model is diferent i had to do it in order to use them).

Model:

Re-constructed texture (my upscale):

Model:

(rendering mode, NOT FINAL!!! I STILL HAVE TO DO THE METAL MAP WHICH I'M STILL RESEARCHING).

waifu's servers seem to have problems, i will post the tomorrow, sorry for the inconvinence
-Hakyra
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I done it for you. This is Waifu ;)

Noise reduction on max:

Here's another with noise reduction off:

Noise reduction makes it look much smoother, but probably too much in this case.

I'll try blender and see if I know how to do it :P

Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

wow.. so blurry...
anyways, here is the result:
waifu's
(texture mode)

mine's
(texture mode)

it kinda looks too cartoony for my taste using waifu's upscale...

i think that it looks great for upscaling grafitii's and font's but... i don't know, it just doesn't feel right to me waifu's upscale, i will leave it to you the final veredict
-Hakyra
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Hmm yeah I see some detail is being lost on the waifu version alright. It's really good for upscaling certain things but I guess if there's low res images with lots of detail then it seems to smooth some of it out. It does amazing at upscaling UbiArt.

If you look at the bottom of the cage just under the bars you can see where the waifu one loses some detail. I'm thinking certain textures might look better though depending on what they are and also fonts.

Was that with noise reduction turned off also? Noise reduction seems to smooth stuff but it makes UbiArt and stuff like that look better.

PooDood
Lums Violet
Tings: 125

Post by PooDood »

This is very good but the block of Tor is here to balance on the dark side.
Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

Hello Everyone!! Long Time No see! i had a troublesome week for both me and my pc, but anyways, i did what i promised i would do a few weeks back, this is the Lighting Prototype of Rayman 2:

RAYMAN 2 LIGHTNING PROTOTYPE v0.1

This is a Lighting Prototype to kinda see how the remake would handle the lighting of the scenes, IT'S NOT FINAL AND IT DOESN'T REPRESENT OUR FINAL INTENTIONS.
The only accesible level is the first one in the game, The Woods Of Light.
NO PARTICLE EFFECTS HAVE BEEN ADDED, SO IT LOOKS RATHER DULL, i also haven't optimized anything, it would take too much time).

SELECT ULTRA QUALITY.

Controls: WASD to move.
Mouse: moves the camera.
Shift to increase Speed.
Q and E to control the height.
R to change to a real Time Sun (VERY GLITCHY AND HAS CLIPPING ERRORS, i also can't increase the resolution of the shadows).

To close just press esc (quits instantly).

i've also added the new assets i've done.
it's not finished ( i didn't even bother to finish the GLOBOXXXXX!!! cinematic since i want to sleep lol).

DOWNLOAD:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=172jTm ... oD027cLDRu

Source Code (You need Unity 5 (it's free)):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1az4Vg ... MVneXMlW04

PS. This is unity, we plan to use UE4, but since i don't know UE4, i used Unity.
And with that i'm going to sleep, it's 4 am and i really need it. (DAMM YOU UNITY AND YOUR COMPILATION ERRORS).

working on v0.2, which i will fix and improve somethings, i also plan on doing the temple in the sanctuary of fire and stone later. to kinda see how we would do the light there, maybe on a future version.
-Hakyra
Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

Version 0.2 Released.

Here is the ChangeLog:

-Completely Reworked Textures and Shading.
-Fixed the clouds (they should look normal now).
-Added Height Map to every single texture.
-Added Displacement mapping (very noticable on the Murphy stones).
-Added New Asset of the Circle Stone.
-Added New Bridge Asset.
-Several Bug Fixes.
-Tweaked the light in many areas.
-Added Particle Lighting.
-improved the camera.
-Reworked the Water shader (it's still s**t)
-Added a flashlight (Press F to disable)
-Added Particles to sunny areas (Extremly Unoptimized, if the framerate drop is to high, press Y to disable).
-Added X360 Gamepad Support (it should work in theory).

Download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11pNaq ... PdO9kR9snP

Source Code:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13FIjP ... 97FiAYDTgJ

Do Whatever you want with the source code, as long as you credit me. -Hakyra
-Hakyra
Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

Quick note: i've decided to create it's own topic for the lighting prototype, for further updates go check it here:

https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=26403

Sorry for the inconvinence.
-Hakyra
Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

well, the lightning prototypes are completed, resuming work on modeling now!
-Hakyra
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

Tested the last demo and it sounds promising.
Potential improvements : Shadows feel too sharp, the lightmap should be smoothed/blurred and the edges softened. Particle effects are good, maybe a bit too much particles though. I would reduce their number to N/2. The contrast of all the textures from the surronding is way too high in my opinion. And last, the water texture is ugly imho, but it looks like it is a placeholder anyway.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

LoveMetal wrote:Tested the last demo and it sounds promising.
I think you mean it looks promising. This somehow reminds me of Record Day 2014. :fou:
More seriously, I haven't gotten around to trying the demos yet, but I really want to!
Hakyra
Podocroc

Post by Hakyra »

Potential improvements : Shadows feel too sharp, the lightmap should be smoothed/blurred and the edges softened. Particle effects are good, maybe a bit too much particles though. I would reduce their number to N/2. The contrast of all the textures from the surronding is way too high in my opinion. And last, the water texture is ugly imho, but it looks like it is a placeholder anyway.
Yeah... it seems that post-processing affects the particles, so i had to double them in order to become visible, maybe i went to overboard.
Textures look really sharp because i used my upscaled version, and it seems that adding displacement mapping only makes them sharper, so yeah my fault on this XD.
Water looks like this because it was stressing me a lot, i couldn't get the look i wanted so in the end i choose additive shader and adjusted the transparency to match the original game.
I can't fix the shadows, unity only allows me to choose between: no shadows at all, hard shadows and soft shadows, i'm using soft and it still looks sharp, i tried to edit them but the only thing i can edit are LOD Bias, and resolution, so i am stuck with this settings.
Lightmap is custom HDR, the problem is that with post processing it looks way to shiny, i should fix that by altering bloom.
i also wanna edit the grass, although i'm not sure how i will.

Btw, which demo did you try? 0.3? or 0.2F (0.2F kinda resembles more the game).
PluMGMK wrote:
I think you mean it looks promising. This somehow reminds me of Record Day 2014. :fou:
More seriously, I haven't gotten around to trying the demos yet, but I really want to!
Please do!! i really appriciate feedback (especially negative feedback, since it means i'm not doing things right), download v0.2F and then v0.3p, 0.3 is where i applied a lot of post processing, and it's where it deviates a lot from the original look and feel of the game.

Also, i think i should mention it again, This IS NOT A DEMO, it's just to test light and post processing, we WILL NOT USE UNITY, we are planing on useing UE4. i just used unity because i'm more expiricenced with that than UE4. sorry about the caps (Lol).

Right now i'm working on upgrading Rayman 2 in Unity (another project started by U2B), it will take me a while to figure how he did certain things, so i won't post anything new for quite a while, sorry about that TT
-Hakyra
Misaki1993
Lums
Tings: 35

Post by Misaki1993 »

Hello guys I read this topic and I saw that you use UE4 for this project, I also use it but at the moment I'm busy with another game and I can't help you with the graphics, so I wanted to ask you, have you already finished to programming the character ? And do you use blueprints or c ++ codes? Sorry for my bad English, I'm italian
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

Mhh, the demo I downloaded was made with Unity I think, not UE4.
EDIT: Whoops sorry, I did not read the last post of angzaf13 when I posted this.
angzaf13 wrote: Btw, which demo did you try? 0.3? or 0.2F (0.2F kinda resembles more the game).
The one I tried was RAYMAN_2_LIGHTING_PROTOTYPEv0.2.7z.
RE-EDIT: Dammit, I didn't even noticed that there was a version 3 because it was in another topic. For the sake of clarity, I think that you should keep all of your versions in the same topic, and maybe update the first post with all the uploaded versions. ;)
So, I'll try 0.3 later then.