Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Hedgehog673
Master Kaag
Tings: 4705

Re: Rayman 1.5: Revenge of the Dark

Post by Hedgehog673 »

Oh, goody, you updated the thread. I were wondering about the stages, and knew they were hidden somewhere in the thread, but I couldn't find them. This makes it a lot easier to follow the idea :)
Current Rank: Heckler
Main coder of my team's main project, Rayman: Dark Era.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution »

@Jew:
I don't know this Geordie. Who's this Geordie? :oops2:

@Josh:
The music notes? They're about the same size as they were in Rayman 1 actually. And I want a damaging system more like Rayman 2, you know what I mean But I haven't figured out the kind of animations I'd use. I don't really want to us the Rayman to dying and spawning animations because they're too instant and strangely magical. Also whole touching the notes send you back to the last checkpoint, or should they just knock him back and damage him, a lot or a little? I actualy hadn't even really considered the damage and health system before now. :P

Also I'm in Costa Rica right now, so I'll only be online a few times inthe next week or two to rey to things. I did bring my laptop and hard dire wiu me so I could work on some levels, but I can post any decent looking screenshots because it's not a very good laptop and can only handle medium/low graphics, so don't ecxpect any real updates other than written info for the next two weeks.

Jewish Candy
Uglette
Tings: 28664

Post by Jewish Candy »

It's why I provided a handy photo. :wink: Cheryl Cole her name is.
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
[quote="Melody"]eybrows make everything shmexy[/quote]

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Oh her, right. I knew that. :P

Did she play someone named Geordie in a film? Sorry if I'm being a retard.

Jewish Candy
Uglette
Tings: 28664

Post by Jewish Candy »

Eheheh, no - she IS a Geordie, as in she's from Newcastle, a city up North. Their accent is quite distinctive. :) I shouldn't assume people know random things, my apologies :oops2:
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
[quote="Melody"]eybrows make everything shmexy[/quote]

Rayman fan2000
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10125

Post by Rayman fan2000 »

Rayfan are you still continuing this game? Because i don't want this game to be unfinished and discontinued and unreleased or any of that. :evil:

Joshua822
Murray
Tings: 21010

Post by Joshua822 »

The music notes? They're about the same size as they were in Rayman 1 actually. And I want a damaging system more like Rayman 2, you know what I mean But I haven't figured out the kind of animations I'd use. I don't really want to us the Rayman to dying and spawning animations because they're too instant and strangely magical. Also whole touching the notes send you back to the last checkpoint, or should they just knock him back and damage him, a lot or a little? I actualy hadn't even really considered the damage and health system before now. :P
Oh, that explains that :P But I would prefer that getting hurt by the notes would just knock him back. I always become mad when playing in Band Land and I have to restart at the photographer just for getting hit by such a note ( especially when you can't see what's down a jump, aaaaaaaaaaargh! ). And you're definitely right about using the Rayman 2 health system, I think it will work a lot better in 3D then the Rayman 2 health system.

And enjoy your vacation, you certainly deserved a good break! ;)
Rayfan are you still continuing this game? Because i don't want this game to be unfinished and discontinued and unreleased or any of that. :evil:
Don't worry, she's still continuing the game, she's just having a vacation. ;)

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

@Jew:
Oh I get it now!

@Rayman fan:
Well we're kinda talking about how the music notes should damage you, and I don't think I'd be doing that if the project was cancelled.

Hedgehog673
Master Kaag

Post by Hedgehog673 »

A quick question: Are you mostly gonna use old enemies from Rayman 1, or add some new and original ones as well?

Joshua822
Murray

Post by Joshua822 »

From what I've learned, the game will mostly contain enemies from existing Rayman games ( and those would be Rayman 1 and 2 ).

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

The enemies will be 9/10 new enemies. Maybe you'll see returns of some, but recall that the enemies from Rayman 1, 2, and 3 were just minions of someone you beat, so having the same minions makes no sense.

Joshua822
Murray

Post by Joshua822 »

Wait, since when exactly where enemies like the stone men and the livingstones minions of Mister Dark? If I recall correctly, these were just regular baddies and the only minions of Mister Dark where the electoons.

So there's no reason to rule them out of the game. Although original enemies are of course great, I think we'll all agree that having some old ones reappear is good ( and variety in the type of enemies you encounter, which it brings, is also very good ).

Hedgehog673
Master Kaag

Post by Hedgehog673 »

Joshua822 wrote:Wait, since when exactly where enemies like the stone men and the livingstones minions of Mister Dark? If I recall correctly, these were just regular baddies and the only minions of Mister Dark where the electoons.
Don't you mean Antitoons?

Oh, and yeah, not all enemies from the series are minions, like the Knaaren, or those spiky notes.

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53325

Post by Sabertooth »

Hedgehog673 wrote:Oh, and yeah, not all enemies from the series are minions, like the Knaaren, or those spiky notes.
Those weren't really "enemies" though per se. They were more part of the scenery.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Exactly, but notice how I have the stone men and spiky notes? They're not really minions, just inhabitants.

Hedgehog673
Master Kaag

Post by Hedgehog673 »

Yeah, I meant inhabitants, not actually serving anything, but just aggresive inhabitants.

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Joshua822 wrote:Wait, since when exactly where enemies like the stone men and the livingstones minions of Mister Dark? If I recall correctly, these were just regular baddies and the only minions of Mister Dark where the electoons.
The stone men and Livingstones are minions of Mister Dark. They serve him whether they know it or not.

Shawn
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Shawn »

I wish Mr. Dark was in it, but oh well. I'm subscribing. :)
Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation-but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For if you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs, heirs of God and co-heirs of Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

spiraldoor wrote:
The stone men and Livingstones are minions of Mister Dark. They serve him whether they know it or not.
ORLY

And thanks Shawn.

frenkystijn
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 320

Post by frenkystijn »

woaw progress !

I love what you did with that charge-up animation and the Stone man npc, can't wait to see him textured ingame.

Good luck! :D
-Huge rayman fan :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9KanEKcYac
^ My movie about the real story behind Rayman 4^
Not much posting, more reading :D