Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Adsolution »

R3fan2 wrote:Was that the whole track in the video or just part of it?
Just part of it.

CLICKY PEN!!1!1

R3fan2
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 2205

Post by R3fan2 »

Will the full track be in the next soundtrack part? Also what are the other parts of Picture City like?

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

R3fan2 wrote:Will the full track be in the next soundtrack part? Also what are the other parts of Picture City like?
Yes it will be.

The first part is sort of an entrance on Space Mama's pirate ship thing into the grand sea of ink, and the draw bridge of the city comes down; the rest of the area is a very enclosed space between tall eraser buildings, with lots of sharpener lifts. The second area is this, the third is that cave-ish area from the Rayman 4 artwork discovered in 2009, and the fourth area is the bright and vibrant one, more like the new artwork just discovered last month. The last (fourth) is by far the most chaotic.

R3fan2
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by R3fan2 »

I've never seen any new picture city art from last month. I have seen rayman 4 art from last month but I havent seen Picture City.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

R3fan2 wrote:I've never seen any new picture city art from last month. I have seen rayman 4 art from last month but I havent seen Picture City.

R3fan2
Ptizêtre Ninja

Post by R3fan2 »

That looks amazing. Hey has anyone ever tried to color the Picture City art from 2009?

Edit: I've just noticed something, there is a small Rayman-shaped eraser in that picture. do you think there was an eraser power Rayman would have had?

Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

Should we discuss the background you wanted, Rayfan?

Danone
Antitoon

Post by Danone »

That pen is so nice :D

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez »

R3fan2 wrote: Edit: I've just noticed something, there is a small Rayman-shaped eraser in that picture. do you think there was an eraser power Rayman would have had?
Where? Do you mean the pink Rayman with the slightly yellow torso? That's just Gayman, we're not really certain of his role.

And I am definitely glad that you started working on my favorite world from Rayman 1, B-Ham. The second world I love the most is Band Land. I like abstract stuff.

EDIT: also, THIIIIIIIS so much

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord »

It looks quite nice already. The shot of the pencils rushing toward the camera, where is that taken? It's as if the pencils have been suspended in mid-flight towards the viewer, or as if the camera's just been tilted. It looks nice so far, but I hope you do add more scenery like Spanex suggested.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Shrooblord wrote:The shot of the pencils rushing toward the camera, where is that taken? It's as if the pencils have been suspended in mid-flight towards the viewer, or as if the camera's just been tilted.
They're just static floating pencils in the air. Here's a shot that shows the angle:

Rulez
Robot

Post by Rulez »

I can't stop - this is beautiful in every way possible.
This is the wasteland part, eh?

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1165

Post by Bloodgrey »

Great job as always, although I agree it needs more various objects like rubbers, sharpeners thumbtacks, brushes and palettes etc.

Also all this work deserves hell of a lot promotion on gamer sites.

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

Hi there Bloodgrey, Haven't seen you in a long time. :)

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord »

I must say it's quite surprising to see the scale of Picture City. I mean, it was always this big, but being able to see it in 3D without any part of anything being cut off by the end of the view, it's even a bit discouraging, yet amazing.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Bloodgrey wrote:Great job as always, although I agree it needs more various objects like rubbers, sharpeners thumbtacks, brushes and palettes etc.

Also all this work deserves hell of a lot promotion on gamer sites.
I'll be doing so, don't worry. :) Also, thanks a lot!

1. "The Dream Forest: Collect Them All" - 0:00
2. "Mount Kollapso: Hard as Rock" - 2:00
3. "Picture City: Inky Showers and Pencil Towers" - 3:34
4. "Picture City: Delirious Drizzles" - 5:45
5. "Picture City: Lead-Based Cavern" - 7:28
6. "Picture City: What's on the Menu?" - 10:26
7. "The End: Suspension of Disbelief / Spirit March" - 11:57
8. "The End: Credits / Ice Dance" - 14:10
9: "Rayman: Beyond the Sea of Lums" - 16:29

"Picture City: Lead-Based Cavern" is the track heard in the previous video of Picture City.

I put a lot of work into this one, as you can tell by the nine tracks, which is both the most I've ever had in a soundtrack part and the longest I've ever had one be. Also, a few tracks here should ring some bells.

Thoughts pleax? I really like those per-track critiques, they're the most insightful. :)

EDIT:

The total runtime of all the music in this game has just eclipsed five hours.

beebo44
Sssam
Tings: 31100

Post by beebo44 »

At this point, the credits for your game will be quite short indeed RayFan! I would comment on the music but I'm too lazy to listen to it all. I'll give feedback when I'm not as lazy.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:(…)it ;).
Here's the real doldrum, you put your emoticon before your period. Wtf?

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

beebo44 wrote:At this point, the credits for your game will be quite short indeed RayFan! I would comment on the music but I'm too lazy to listen to it all. I'll give feedback when I'm not as lazy.
Haha, indeed! The credits won't be more than two minutes at the most. In all probability, they'll be only one minute, but they play over top of the background video of the credits entitled "Ice Dance" which will continue for the duration of the piece.

Rulez
Robot

Post by Rulez »

Kay let's start. After hearing all 17 and a half minutes, I can say:

1. "The Dream Forest: Collect Them All": this is an awesome track. I enjoyed every second of it. It had a great flow and very nice. Very well put together. Overall I think this is one of the better tracks.

2. "Mount Kollapso: Hard as Rock": dear Jesus (sorry), the organ is wonderful and the main track is catchy as hell (excuse me once again). This is, hands down, my favorite track in this part of the soundtrack. Congratulations.

3. "Picture City: Inky Showers and Pencil Towers": a very good track in my opinion. It really sounds epic, and I do not mean like ''wow omg so good'', I mean epic as in the original meaning of the word. This one is cool.

4. "Picture City: Delirious Drizzles": this is really going to sound idiotic, but I'm not too fond of slow piano tracks. Now don't get me wrong; this is all personal taste and all! So this track is, I'm sorry to say, my least favorite in this soundtrack - but I'm not saying it's terrible, I'm saying it's around ''average''.

5. "Picture City: Lead-Based Cavern": I'm not actually sure if I already commented on this track earlier, when the Picture City video with it was released. I love this one, really. It is perfect overall, I'm not even kidding or anything. And as it goes on it builds up to be really good. You, Bingllamy, did a WONDERFUL job on this one. I said once, I say again - great job. Also I can clearly hear the track you were inspired from :winkgrin:

6. "Picture City: What's on the Menu?": another great one! Reminds me of the battle of Hollow Bastion from Kingdom Hearts II in a way. Another epic-sounding one - I must say, you're REALLY great at making 'epic' tracks. You should do that as often as possible.

7. "The End: Suspension of Disbelief / Spirit March": mmm... mixed feelings about this one, but mostly positive. I really like the nice way how it builds up, though. I say this is a bit 'above average' :winkgrin:

8. "The End: Credits / Ice Dance": with the first chord, I recognized this track. Is it by any chance the ''unnamed track'' that you started working on and then shared with some of us? Continuing, even though I already mentioned I don't really like slow piano tracks, this one is beautiful. Part of the reason might be it isn't so slow this time :bad:

9: "Rayman: Beyond the Sea of Lums": Yes.

There you go, freund! Best of skill (as opposed to luck) in the newer ones!

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Thank you very much Rulez! I love that kind of review, which you know, it's very inspiring. :)

I just have one nitpick:
Rulez wrote:4. "Picture City: Delirious Drizzles": this is really going to sound idiotic, but I'm not too fond of slow piano tracks.
That did sound really idiotic, but for a completely different reason than you intended: that's a harp, not a piano, a harp. For some reason, you're the second person to call that a piano. WHY? :winkgrin: