Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14839
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:
Tings: 2285

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Rulez »

RayFan9876 wrote:
Rulez wrote:4. "Picture City: Delirious Drizzles": this is really going to sound idiotic, but I'm not too fond of slow piano tracks.
That did sound really idiotic, but for a completely different reason than you intended: that's a harp, not a piano, a harp. For some reason, you're the second person to call that a piano. WHY? :winkgrin:
Well. I gave it a second listen, this time in better quality.


Please murder me mercilessy with a sharp-ended hammer made of swiss knifes.

Shrooblord
Froutch
Posts: 15671
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:07 pm
Location: The Buccaneer MK. II
Tings: 64535

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Shrooblord »

First, I think you've got the timing of the start of different tracks wrong. The second track lasts till 3:52, not 3:34 and therefore also the time of the third track is wrong, but the fourth is good again. That, or two tracks have flawlessly continued onto each other.

1. It's very calm and works well as a background track in say a hub-world. I wouldn't use it in any action-packed scenes though.
2. This one's just a tad short of funky, my own preferred playing style. It's got a nice groove and has a kind of relaxed feel to it. What kind of area is this 'Hard as Rock' going to represent?
3. Very mysterious and a little ominous even. I like how it keeps changing from 'loud' to really soft and has a lot of breaks in it. The violin is dramatic and sad; nice touch. This Picture City is really starting to take on a different feel for me than I had expected!
4. I can see why this can be mistaken for a piano. It's because it's not using the characteristic melodies a harp would have per se, and it uses a type of slow playing you would usually find in piano pieces. It sounds lonely and abandoned.
5. I don't know why, but I would say this almost sounds a little playful. It reminds me of the Hoodlum Headquarters for some reason. The scene is majestic and wonderful. Is this the colourful part of Picture City?
6. Ooohh, eerie and evil. Something really large may even be on your tail, but it doesn't sound quite frantic enough to be a true chase scene. However, something bad is definately going down. I could have guessed by the title, probably. :P That ending is very scary, with the slow hum of wind chimes.
7. This one is really sad and spooky. It fits the title 'Spirit March' well. What are those almost choir-like sounds? They're very surreal. I like the sound of waves coming in. It's like one of those 'the end is near' moments. It was just a little disturbing how it suddenly ends like that and gets caught by the waves, but maybe that's exactly what you wanted to achieve, a shock.
8. Hmm... it begins like one of those credits to a story that ended really badly. Oh dear. :( I'm not sure if it fits well as a dance (perhaps a really slow waltz?), but it's nice.
9. It sounds like the ending or intro to one of those games that begin with a child telling you what happened. It reminded me a bit of Drawn to Life. The end of a story, as written by a child? It's a bit sad, but maybe it's just atmospheric. I can't really tell.

I really like how your tracks have become more varied now. Just the right amount of repetition and variation. I liked this soundtrack; it has a lot of different tunes in it. Good work!
Image
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 21905
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Tings: 5007

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Adsolution »

Shrooblord wrote:First, I think you've got the timing of the start of different tracks wrong. The second track lasts till 3:52, not 3:34 and therefore also the time of the third track is wrong, but the fourth is good again. That, or two tracks have flawlessly continued onto each other.
AGH, whoops! I'll fix that as soon as possible.
Shrooblord wrote:1. It's very calm and works well as a background track in say a hub-world. I wouldn't use it in any action-packed scenes though.
Haha, don't worry, it's quite the opposite of an action scene. :P
Shrooblord wrote:It's because it's not using the characteristic melodies a harp would have per se, and it uses a type of slow playing you would usually find in piano pieces.
This kind of melody is actually very characteristic of a harp, and not many other instruments play like this. The piano is an exception, but a piano sounds nothing like a harp.
Shrooblord wrote:5. I don't know why, but I would say this almost sounds a little playful. It reminds me of the Hoodlum Headquarters for some reason. The scene is majestic and wonderful. Is this the colourful part of Picture City?
It's actually the underground cavern part - it sort of has that echoey radiant sound, sort of reminiscent of ink dripping from the ceiling.
Shrooblord wrote:What are those almost choir-like sounds? They're very surreal.
That's my voice!
Shrooblord wrote:8. Hmm... it begins like one of those credits to a story that ended really badly. Oh dear. :(
Well, not every story's ending can be totally happy, can it? :) Just look at his face in this soundtrack part and sum up the emotion.


Thanks to you as well, Shroob!

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:36 am
Tings: 1165

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Bloodgrey »

Spanex wrote:Hi there Bloodgrey, Haven't seen you in a long time. :)
Yeah, I'm more of a lurking guy here. :)
Good to see everyone.
Image

TeensieKing
Pâquerette
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: Spain
Tings: 12809

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by TeensieKing »

Wow,I've been out of this project for way too long.Now I've seen the last 2 videos and I have to say: First of all that soundtrack was awesome,as always.Now I'll talk about something that has really surprised me this time: Picture City.I'd like to congratulate you,RayFan,because it was the most epic level ever.I actually have no words to say how amazed I am,I swear.Those pencils looked like they're about to fucking prick your face! And that black,deep sea...is so perfect.I really think you've done a wonderful work at keeping this level faithful to the original.Only think I've seen is that I thought the rubber pricked by the pencil was a rock.I'd like it to be more rubber-ish,though I understand it would be hard.So conclusion: Marry me! :oops2:
Image

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 21905
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Tings: 5007

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Adsolution »

TeensieKing wrote:Wow,I've been out of this project for way too long.Now I've seen the last 2 videos and I have to say: First of all that soundtrack was awesome,as always.Now I'll talk about something that has really surprised me this time: Picture City.I'd like to congratulate you,RayFan,because it was the most epic level ever.I actually have no words to say how amazed I am,I swear.Those pencils looked like they're about to fucking prick your face! And that black,deep sea...is so perfect.I really think you've done a wonderful work at keeping this level faithful to the original.Only think I've seen is that I thought the rubber pricked by the pencil was a rock.I'd like it to be more rubber-ish,though I understand it would be hard.So conclusion: Marry me! :oops2:
Haha, thanks! And great to hear from you again, TK.

Also, here's the original render that was in the soundtrack part, if anyone's interested:

Image

TeensieKing
Pâquerette
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: Spain
Tings: 12809

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by TeensieKing »

RayFan9876 wrote:Haha, thanks! And great to hear from you again, TK.

Also, here's the original render that was in the soundtrack part, if anyone's interested:

Image
You're welcome,and nice to hear news from you as well.About the pic,Rayman's eyelids still look weird to me :/
Image

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 21905
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Tings: 5007

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Adsolution »

They're supposed to look like that. What's weird about them? I'd just like to know, since you're not the first person to say so.

Also, I textured up Dark Moskito:

Image

And here are the ferns Spanex textured:

Image

Image

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Right here, right now!
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Rayfist »

Hoozah! An update! Dark Moskito is lookin pretty good! :D
Image
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Spanex »

D. Moskito looks wonderful in these colors! And the ferns look lovely!
Image

DesLife
Barbe Tranchante
Posts: 19946
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:42 pm
Tings: 186263

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by DesLife »

Eheh D Mos looks great.
Image

Danone
Antitoon
Posts: 17089
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:50 am
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Danone »

That looks great, well made!

Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14839
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:
Tings: 2285

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Rulez »

RayFan9876 wrote: Image
Oh yesssss

TeensieKing
Pâquerette
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: Spain
Tings: 12809

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by TeensieKing »

I love how Dark Mosquito looks a lot like Rayman 1's secnd Mosquito.I just love it.I guess you drew inspiration from it because you love it too? And about the yelids,they just looks awkward.They have some kind of grey spots.And I noticed it has a grey line left-hand to his left eye as well.
Image

Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14839
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:
Tings: 2285

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Rulez »

TeensieKing wrote:They have some kind of grey spots.
Listen, it might come off as really strange or not normal for you, but... somehow, Science created ''shadows''. It's sort of like... how should I explain it to you... when any light is shining at something, part of the light is broken (blocked) by the object usually (or partially), and on the ground or any other surface, appears a ''shadow''. I know, it's fucked up but what can we do.

TeensieKing
Pâquerette
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: Spain
Tings: 12809

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by TeensieKing »

Rulez wrote:
TeensieKing wrote:They have some kind of grey spots.
Listen, it might come off as really strange or not normal for you, but... somehow, Science created ''shadows''. It's sort of like... how should I explain it to you... when any light is shining at something, part of the light is broken (blocked) by the object usually (or partially), and on the ground or any other surface, appears a ''shadow''. I know, it's fucked up but what can we do.
Wow really? Not in my planet! :fou2:

They don't look like shadows.It's like if the black watercolor fell over Rayman xD
Image

Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Spanex »

TeensieKing wrote:
Rulez wrote:
TeensieKing wrote:They have some kind of grey spots.
Listen, it might come off as really strange or not normal for you, but... somehow, Science created ''shadows''. It's sort of like... how should I explain it to you... when any light is shining at something, part of the light is broken (blocked) by the object usually (or partially), and on the ground or any other surface, appears a ''shadow''. I know, it's fucked up but what can we do.
Wow really? Not in my planet! :fou2:

They don't look like shadows.It's like if the black watercolor fell over Rayman xD
I also got this idea from the eyelids, but I assume you don't see this in the engine.
Image

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Haruka »

Everything looks great!

I really can't wait for a demo. :D

TeensieKing
Pâquerette
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: Spain
Tings: 12809

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by TeensieKing »

I'm assuming beta releases will be free?
Image

The Edditaur
Deadman
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: The Land of Fish
Contact:
Tings: 5635

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by The Edditaur »

TeensieKing wrote:I'm assuming beta releases will be free?
I'd assume that she'd only be giving out said Beta releases to a few select testers, so from that I can imagine that she wouldn't be charging those people for said releases.
On the update pictures, they look pretty God damn neat. Got to love that fuzzy-looking Dark Moskito you've got going there. And them ferns look very pretty too. :D

Post Reply