Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark [STRESSTEST DOWNLOAD]

Post by Shrooblord »

TeensieKing wrote:I think subtitles should be a mandatory thing. I can't perfectly understand spoken English so I could end up not understand important parts of the story. However, I do understand writen English almost perfectly.
Well, you could always choose for them to be on. Optional doesn't mean that they won't be there; it just means they won't be there if you don't want them to. Like I said, I think optional with the default set to 'yes, do show subtitles' is the way to go.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Tortwag
Bébé Chef Dragon
Tings: 255

Post by Tortwag »

Definitly: that's the best thing to do.

And to answer you Decidetto, YEAH!! I totally mastered those test! Normally, I won't have problem with that.
Tortwag - Character design + Sub-plots

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez »

Hey Tort baby, shall we design stuff when I'm back? I am already missing you.

Decidetto
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 12315

Post by Decidetto »

Tortwag wrote:And to answer you Decidetto, YEAH!! I totally mastered those test! Normally, I won't have problem with that.
Haha, that's great! I did well on my exams as well :)

EDIT:
Hey RayFan, I've been listening to the RotD soundtrack for the I-don't-know-how-manieth time now and I came across the Sideways the Piper theme. Enjoying this great remix of an already pretty much perfect tune, I thought of something, regarding the guy's design.

I remember you writing that Rayman and Raven are the only members of Rayman's species and that, even though he looks like one as well, the Magician is secretly a Teensie in disguise. How about Sideways then?

Is he in disguise as well? Or, seeing how he is a relative of the (now limbed) Musician, are you going to redesign him to have limbs?
Computers, computers. So calculative, yet so incalculable.

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord »

Decidetto wrote:EDIT:
Hey RayFan, I've been listening to the RotD soundtrack for the I-don't-know-how-manieth time now and I came across the Sideways the Piper theme. Enjoying this great remix of an already pretty much perfect tune, I thought of something, regarding the guy's design.

I remember you writing that Rayman and Raven are the only members of Rayman's species and that, even though he looks like one as well, the Magician is secretly a Teensie in disguise. How about Sideways then?

Is he in disguise as well? Or, seeing how he is a relative of the (now limbed) Musician, are you going to redesign him to have limbs?
Actually, Sideways is a character created by THEDragon. You can see him in his sig as the character with the iconic quote "draw my like one of your French girls". It was pretty nice of her to do that remix, yeah. I love that theme...
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Decidetto
Garatta Ciatik

Post by Decidetto »

Shrooblord wrote:

Actually, Sideways is a character created by THEDragon. You can see him in his sig as the character with the iconic quote "draw my like one of your French girls". It was pretty nice of her to do that remix, yeah. I love that theme...
Yup, I know that he was designed by THEDragon, but also that he is limbless and is going to appear in this game, where there are only two truly limbless characters!
By the way, I always thought that the character in THEDragon's sig was actually the Musician. He has short hair, no?

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution »

He'll have limbs, don't worry. :)

Also, hello little light on the horizon, are you a glitch? Yes, yes you are. You, Sun, aren't supposed to be up at night time! You are beautiful though.

THEdragon
Musicien
Tings: 47495

Post by THEdragon »

Decidetto wrote:
Shrooblord wrote:

Yup, I know that he was designed by THEDragon, but also that he is limbless and is going to appear in this game, where there are only two truly limbless characters!
By the way, I always thought that the character in THEDragon's sig was actually the Musician. He has short hair, no?
Shroob was talking about my entry for last month's SOTM competition, which was much like the signature I have now. :wink:
And Sideways will have limbs in this game. :)
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!

Decidetto
Garatta Ciatik

Post by Decidetto »

I'm looking forward to seeing him in action! Even if it is going to take some more years.

Did you get the sun(s) to work as a real light source, RayFan? That's great!

Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone »

That's really nice.

Hey Rayfan, Did you tried UDK? (Unreal engine 3).

Tortwag
Bébé Chef Dragon

Post by Tortwag »

Rulez wrote:Hey Tort baby, shall we design stuff when I'm back? I am already missing you.
Sure^^ It'll be my pleasure. But I'll have to prepare some things first: Tommorow, I'll go to Paris (like every holidays) so I can't tidy my room, prepare my stuff and use the computer at the same time^^

HOWEVER... It doesn't mean that I can't think about that awesome lava part. Awesome because as I said, I've got a few ideas for this.

Anothr idea later, gotta go (I'm coming mom!!!)

Alos, Rulez... YOU CALLED ME TORT BABY??? I prefer Tort, if you don't mind ^^; Tort baby is... Weird. :oops2: And confusing!
Last edited by Tortwag on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Decidetto wrote:Did you get the sun(s) to work as a real light source, RayFan? That's great!
I'm not quite sure I get what you mean.
Danone wrote:Hey Rayfan, Did you tried UDK? (Unreal engine 3).
Yeah, I fucking hate that piece of shit. :P
Tortwag wrote:Alos, Rulez... YOU CALLED ME TORT BABY??? I prefer Tort, if you don't mind ^^; Tort baby is... Weird. :oops2: And confusing!
Lel, calling someone "Baby" in English is a compliment, you silly Frenchman! Calling someone "a baby" is an insult though. Don''t ask me why, 80's surfer TV movies never quite explained that to me... or anyone.

Also Tortwag, discuss private level design matters in PMs or on the IRC please, not in public.

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1165

Post by Bloodgrey »

RayFan9876 wrote:
Bloodgrey wrote:Depends on the voice work, if the voice actors articulate well, then optional subtitles are enough as an an addition.
I'm sure it's much harden when you have to play out an accent for the character.
It's not so much the accent that's the problem, it's Rhook's voice in general. It's really difficult to do, and I can only do it after a good fifteen minute warm up, and I can only do it for about five or ten minutes at a time. I'll just have to work for a long time on it until I won't have to go to so much trouble. :mryellow:
That could easily be the problem, since you are forcing your voice, it can be hard to make a natural accentuation for the character. Either you should find a different tone that doesn't wears up your chords that much, or perform the lines naturaly and edit them with some effects.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Bloodgrey wrote:That could easily be the problem, since you are forcing your voice, it can be hard to make a natural accentuation for the character. Either you should find a different tone that doesn't wears up your chords that much, or perform the lines naturaly and edit them with some effects.
It's just... not the same. Shh, must be natural. Only dreams now. :bad:

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1165

Post by Bloodgrey »

I see no other way than practice then.
Mostly with articulation, evrything else is fine and dandy.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Bloodgrey wrote:I see no other way than practice then.
Indeed. A tough practice it will be, but it'll allow me to do one menacing voice, especially once I get better at it.

Decidetto
Garatta Ciatik

Post by Decidetto »

RayFan9876 wrote:I'm not quite sure I get what you mean.
I mean that, some time ago, when I was still a little lurker, I read that you wanted to make use of a light source moving along the sky to simulate the sun. A problem arose though, namely that there are two suns in the Rayman universe while you could only implement one "dynamic sun" light source.
So, did you succeed in getting two of those dynamic suns set up now? (And did one of the suns behave a little strangely, because two suns is not quite ordinary, resulting in it being visible during the night?)

Tortwag
Bébé Chef Dragon

Post by Tortwag »

Tortwag wrote:Alos, Rulez... YOU CALLED ME TORT BABY??? I prefer Tort, if you don't mind ^^; Tort baby is... Weird. :oops2: And confusing!
Lel, calling someone "Baby" in English is a compliment, you silly Frenchman! Calling someone "a baby" is an insult though. Don''t ask me why, 80's surfer TV movies never quite explained that to me... or anyone.

Also Tortwag, discuss private level design matters in PMs or on the IRC please, not in public.[/quote]

Ooops! I've gotta delete my post then: sorry. (I should know about this: suspens... I'm such a foo some times... :roll: ) Also, I have problems in english, but I perfectly know< that the word "baby" alone was a compliment^^ But as I said, it's weird and confusing (for me), cause the only person that I know who call me like that (with my my real name of course which is... No, I'm not a total fool! I won't tell :hehe: :hinhinhin: ) is... Well, my Mom. I won't enter in details, so let's skip that part for now (Continue like you want Rulez, my apologize).

Back to the topic. So you're right: ultra practice is the best choice to make you're voice as natural as you want. I actually had to do a training like that for theater and music stuff, and it really worked. I think^^ So you should do the same, like practice you're pronunciation the morning (kinda difficult, because the voice is naturally weaker the morning), and the manner of speaking (so articulation and accent) the afternoon or the evening. THat should do the trick (my teacher told me that), but you do as you wish, as long as you can keep it up.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer

Post by Adsolution »

Decidetto wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:I'm not quite sure I get what you mean.
I mean that, some time ago, when I was still a little lurker, I read that you wanted to make use of a light source moving along the sky to simulate the sun. A problem arose though, namely that there are two suns in the Rayman universe while you could only implement one "dynamic sun" light source.
So, did you succeed in getting two of those dynamic suns set up now? (And did one of the suns behave a little strangely, because two suns is not quite ordinary, resulting in it being visible during the night?)
Ah! I just resolved the problem by sticking the light source on the bigger of the two. It looks fine, and it would really be distracting to see a pair of shadows constantly.

Also, because of this weird problem, I had to re-rig Rayman. But even though it took a good four hours, it was totally worth it! Some of you might notice that there the artifacts in the hair and eyes are completely abolished, and are now silky smooth curves:

Tortwag
Bébé Chef Dragon

Post by Tortwag »

Wow! think that's good enough, but you're the maker, so YOU judge. And light idea was a good one too, I heard about something like that for a 3-D game...