Fanfic-A Dark Omen

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Pushmipullu
Électoon
Tings: 0

Fanfic-A Dark Omen

Post by Pushmipullu »

Chapter 1: Stormy Day

Dear Rayman,

How have you been? We just heard about the hoodlum attack, and would like to congratulate you on your courage. You've come so far since the day you were born, and not once have you failed us. We really miss you here in the Valley. The magician and I haven't seen you for many years, and we think of you every day. Why don't you come and visit us? I know that all the Limbless would welcome you, and you could share stories about your experiences with us. Hope to hear from you soon!

Love, Betilla

Rayman read this note over and over again, so much that the edges of it were starting to crinkle and become discolored. He was reading it now, as he and his best friend, Globox, were sitting in a small sailboat in the middle of the sea of lums. They were on their way to the Valley, the home of the Limbless people and Rayman's birthplace. Globox had never been to the Valley before, but he'd heard much about it from Rayman, who was eager to share everything he knew about his old home.

Globox looked over at Rayman, curiously.

"Why do you like to read that letter so much?" he said, puzzled.

"I don't know," said Rayman. Carefully, he folded up the letter and slid it under a floorboard in the boat.

"I guess I feel kind of bad. Since I moved to the glade, I haven't really thought about the Valley."

Rayman scratched his head, "I should have visited them sooner," he added, in a sad tone. "But oh well, it can't be helped."

"Is it true that everyone in the Valley looks like you?" said Globox.

"Well, kinda," chuckled Rayman. He leaned up against the side of the boat and sighed, putting his hands behind his head. "They look a little like me, but they're not, like, identical or anything."

"I know," said Globox. "I just can't really imagine anyone else looking like you."

Rayman smiled. "Nope," he said. "I'm one of a kind."

Seeing that Rayman was settling down for a nap, Globox turned his attention to the sails, making sure they were nice and tight. As he was adjusting them, he noticed that the sun had vanished behind an enormous, black cloud.

"Um, Rayman?" Globox said nervously.

"Mmm?" said Rayman.

"Look at that cloud," replied Globox.

Rayman looked up at the sky. He noticed the cloud, and he also noticed that the water was becoming choppy. The air grew cold.

"There's going to be a storm," Globox said. He gulped.

"No, there won't," Rayman said, reassuringly. "It might rain, but we're almost near the shore."

Globox peered out over the horizon. "Where is the shore?" he said.

Rayman sat up and looked around. Unfortunately, Globox was right. There was no shore to be seen, only the vast, grey sea spreading out in all directions.

"Well, we must be near it, anyway," said Rayman. "The valley was directly south, I'm sure of it."

Globox scooted a little closer to Rayman, who could feel him shivering.

"Aw, Globox," said Rayman. "You're not scared of a bit of rain, are you?"

"No," said Globox. "Of course not"

"BANG!!" A bolt of lightning flashed down from the sky, followed by the crash of thunder. Globox whimpered. The two of them began to feel raindrops falling, cold and wet. Then it began to pour.

For a half hour, Rayman and Globox sat silently in the boat, getting soaked by the rain. All the while, the waves were slowly getting bigger and bigger. Rayman sneezed, and Globox began to complain of sea sickness.

"It's alright, Globox," Rayman said, trying to comfort his friend. "It'll be over soon."

Suddenly, an enormous wave crashed down onto the boat, nearly turning it over. Rayman reached under his seat and pulled out two oars. Globox pulled the sail down, and Rayman handed him an oar.

"ROW!" he shouted.

"To where?" cried Globox?

"Anywhere!" Rayman yelled back.

The two of them began to row as fast as they could. At first they made good speed, but soon, the already enormous waves became bigger, and the little boat was soon being thrashed about by waves nearly ten times its size.

"Look!" Globox suddenly shouted.

Rayman turned in the direction Globox was looking, and saw a bright light pierce through the thundering rain.

"Go that way!" he shouted.

They began to row again. By now, the boat was almost filled with water, but Rayman and Globox had no time to worry about it. Slowly, the light became bigger and bigger, until suddenly, without warning, it went out.

"Now what?!" cried Globox.

Rayman started to say something, but stopped when he swallowed a mouth full of water from a passing wave. As Rayman sat coughing, he suddenly noticed that Globox was no longer on the boat.

"GLOBOX!! GLOBOX!!" he cried.

But there was no answer. For a few, desperate minutes, Rayman scanned the water for any sign of his friend. But to no avail. Just then, a great wave, bigger then any of the other ones he had seen, came crashing down on the little boat, and rammed it against a large, jutting rock, where it was dashed to pieces.

"I used to rule the world..."