The Spooky Raymansion

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

The Spooky Raymansion

Post by hoodlumsworld »

There doesn't seem to be a topic for this game so here we go... The Spooky Raymansion is a short game developed by Ryemanni for Halloween 2019 where you're basically stuck in Pac-Man-style maze and you have to collect Tings without getting caught by the terrifying... noseless Rayman! Yeah, you read that right. A Rayman without a nose. Truly harrowing.

There's two hidden goals as well: find the Lums hidden behind walls and finish the game in less than five minutes.

The game is obviously very basic and a bit frustrating but it's all about noseless Rayman, really. :noel:

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: The Spooky Raymansion

Post by Steo »

Oh yeah, I had watched him stream this game last year. I wanted to try it out myself, but never did. Noseless Rayman is creepy! :mrgreen:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Looking fun! I really like the idea of this noseless Rayman. :lol:
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

I really like the idea behind this game, sounds interesting! I'm gonna try it out later :)
Hunchman801 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:35 pm Looking fun! I really like the idea of this noseless Rayman. :lol:
Same lol
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff
Tings: 32995

Post by Mortamon Saturn »

Weird for me to see the videos of these first two channels featured here. ^^

That game was for sure... "quite an experience"... both a scary and hilarious one. :lol:
The concept of a creepy noseless Rayman is just too good and so I couldn't resist playing this "masterpiece"! :mryellow:

Edit: The sequel has been released: https://gamejolt.com/games/raymansion2/548803
Vive Rayman et les prunes !:angel:

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It's time to Rock 'n' Run!
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I watched Rye stream this some time ago as well, it looked pretty neat. I wasn’t bothered by the noseless Rayman lol. I’ll try this and its sequel at some point.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Btw, is this the first game that introduced Noseless Rayman or has this idea for a character been floating around since before October 2019?
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Noseless Rayman existed before, Ryemanni "introduced" him through a funny tweet he made during early October 2019! Funnily enough, he called him "No-se Rayman" at first! :noel:
The tweet which started it all: https://twitter.com/Ryemanni/status/1181981930658684929

The first ever announcement related to The Spooky Raymansion: https://twitter.com/ryemanni/status/1182937734417125377
So, basically, the Spooky Raymansion games were just taking the joke even further! :mrgreen:

hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I can see why you'd want to make that an enemy!
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:03 pm Noseless Rayman existed before, Ryemanni "introduced" him through a funny tweet he made during early October 2019! Funnily enough, he called him "No-se Rayman" at first! :noel:
The tweet which started it all: https://twitter.com/Ryemanni/status/1181981930658684929
I see, it's nice to know the origin of this version of Rayman, thanks for the info! :mrgreen:.

Edit: Btw I found a video from 2012 where you can see (6:34) a fan art of what it seems to be Noseless Rayman (I don't know who the artist is though):

Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

Elite Piranha wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:22 pm Edit: Btw I found a video from 2012 where you can see (6:34) a fan art of what it seems to be Noseless Rayman (I don't know who the artist is though):

That's not Noseless Rayman lol, it's just the style of the picture that makes it somewhat similar to the character. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if someone did something similar to Noseless Rayman before, since the concept is as simple as just thinking about removing Rayman's most prominent facial feature.
Also this video brings back some memories... both good and especially bad. :beurk:

Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

The Spooky Raymansion is back for a fourth entry this 27th of October, and holy hell, it's going to be something! :hap:

This series has come far hasn't it? :lol:
Return to the Spooky Raymansion! I wonder if the title was changed to keep the joke of "Spooky Raymansion 4" never being made! :noel:

So, from what can be seen, "level 1" will take place outside like in Spooky Raymansion 2 except it's going to be much bigger and to look much more ambitious! Levels will have floors for more verticality, and now Noseless Rayman got his own cursed 3D model! :bad:
The Ting finder returns improved as the "Ting Finder 9000", and it seems to have battery and (maybe) sound mechanics! Seems like most environments from the past games return too, but with better looks, so this might even be a reboot of some sorts! There are even the switches from 3, so it feels like a proper mix of the series! :mryellow:
Can't wait to get chased by the Noseless monster again! :hehe:

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:26 pm I wonder if the title was changed to keep the joke of "Spooky Raymansion 4" never being made! :noel:
I'm 99% sure that this is exactly the reason :hap:
Mortamon Saturn
Razoff

PluMGMK wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:23 pm
Rayman Saturn wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:26 pm I wonder if the title was changed to keep the joke of "Spooky Raymansion 4" never being made! :noel:
I'm 99% sure that this is exactly the reason :hap:
Since my comment pointing that out is one of the few which got a heart by Ryemanni, I think it's pretty to safe to assume we can add that one missing percent :lol:
Now we can wait for the "fourth" Raymansion to never come out too, and spam the community with that exact complaint for decades! :noel:
"WEN SPOKY RAMENSION 4!? RAHMANNI, PLEAAS, ITS BEAN 21 YEARZ!!" :fou:

Memes aside, ever since 3, I was expecting Ryemanni to skip 2022 on purpose after that joke so we would get caught off guard when the sequel actually comes out years later... and while I didn't predict the title change, that's what he did and it worked! :lol:

EDIT: Here's the Game Jolt page! https://gamejolt.com/games/returntothes ... ion/848202

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I see that we now have a topic for the new game, so here is the link. :mrgreen: