If Tily had indeed never existed…

Talk about the Rayman music website.

Moderators: Droolie, English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

… What do you think Ly's racing theme would have sounded like?

Like Tily's theme ended up sounding
No votes
Like Ly's theme in Rayman 2 itself
10%
Something completely different
90%

Total votes: 10

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

If Tily had indeed never existed…

Post by PluMGMK »

A lot of people have expressed a wish to live in that alternative universe, in which Ly's animations and physics were somehow successfully adapted to Rayman M's gameplay, and there was never any need to create the character of Tily.

Let's indulge this notion for a moment – in that case, what sort of theme tune would this multiplayer-adapted Ly have had? It's hard to imagine that it would have ended up sounding like Tily's theme did, because the characters are quite different. It probably also wouldn't have sounded like her theme from Rayman 2, since that doesn't really suit a race setting. Plus, the Teensies' theme in Rayman M sounds very different to their theme in Rayman 2, so surely the same would have happened to Ly.

I don't know, maybe this is a useless topic, but it's been bothering me for a while, and I wonder if anyone else has thought about it. :P
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Re: If Tily had indeed never existed…

Post by Elite Piranha »

Maybe Ly's race theme could have been a remix or sped up version of the Ly's Palace theme, if you listen to it at 1.75x or 2x speed, I think it still sounds pretty good:

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

It's a pretty cool tune, but I wonder if it's a bit too unsettling to be a race theme for someone who was on the good side in Rayman 2?
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

None of the character themes really sound similar to the Rayman 2 themes. A Rayman M Ly theme would probably have some elements that the composer put into the Tily theme, but I guess with less high-pitched instruments and a more mystical vibe. I think themes like Rise and Shrine or Spellbound Forest would fit as Ly's race theme a lot, if their tone was a bit happier overall to fit the other race themes.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

The Spellbound Forest theme definitely gives me Ly vibes.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Come to think of it, Rise and Shrine reminds me a bit of the Walk of Life/Power themes, and hence Ly…
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Oh imo, no doubt, it'll sound NOTHING like Tily's theme is. :P
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I was going to say like the Rayman 2 theme, but it would be way too slow. It would have to be sped up, probably as fast as it sounds in the Marshes of Awakening part 1, where you grab onto Ssssam. In fact, that might have even suited it somewhat.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I have a tangentially-related question, so I won't bother creating a new topic…

Does anyone know how exactly the Battle music works in Rayman M? Specifically, is there any circumstance under which the game will play the later segments of tracks, for example beyond 1:05 in this one?