we are going to translate RayWiki into Chinese

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Rayman_Lums
Lums
Tings: 30

we are going to translate RayWiki into Chinese

Post by Rayman_Lums »

I and my friends love Rayman, but Rayman in China is no popular, so we want recommend him. First, we must let more Chinese know who is Rayman. So he must has Wiki in Chinese vision. Our group is talking about this idea. If everything checked, then translation project will begin :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: we are going to translate RayWiki into Chinese

Post by Hunchman801 »

Hi Rayman_Lums and welcome to Pirate-Community. :)

I will be very happy to setup a Chinese version of RayWiki if I can be assured that it won't remain empty. So, the best course of action is for you and your friends to start translating articles now, and once we have enough (I would say about 20), we can create the Chinese wiki and add the articles there.

Out of curiosity, how many contributors would you be?
Rayman_Lums
Lums

Post by Rayman_Lums »

We are ready! Please crate Chinese Vison. Our translators aren't many, but we translate fast! It won't take so long time ^_^
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Rayman_Lums wrote:I and my friends love Rayman, but Rayman in China is no popular, so we want recommend him. First, we must let more Chinese know who is Rayman. So he must has Wiki in Chinese vision. Our group is talking about this idea. If everything checked, then translation project will begin :)
This is a bit off topic question but do you own Rayman games in Chinese language?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Rayman_Lums
Lums

Post by Rayman_Lums »

Rayman 1 and Rayman Legends have official Chinese translate. R2, R3 and other Rayman games we have standard translations. We had bought every Rayman games. We love Rayman!
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Its always nice to have Rayman fans from Asia on forums :D
Do you have these games?

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Rayman_Lums
Lums

Post by Rayman_Lums »

The first pic. is gold Rayman, there are three packs in it. Only Rayman 1 have Chinese, Rayman Designer and Rayman by fans are English. Second pic. is an education game only sell in China.(it help Chinese children to learn English) but we can't find its hard chapter QAQ. We had lost it T_T.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman_Lums wrote:We are ready! Please crate Chinese Vison. Our translators aren't many, but we translate fast! It won't take so long time ^_^
Good, I will get started on the Chinese version. Please keep me updated on the translation process. :)

Also, do you plan on writing in traditional or simplified Chinese?
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

Rayman_Lums wrote:Rayman 1 and Rayman Legends have official Chinese translate. R2, R3 and other Rayman games we have standard translations. We had bought every Rayman games. We love Rayman!
Uhm, I think Rayman 3 also had an official Chinese translation.
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Rayman_Lums
Lums

Post by Rayman_Lums »

In fact, Rayman 3 just cover in Chinese... During the game are also in English... Sounds like a joke but I'm seriously :(
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

I know. I saw videos of Chinese people playing it. Do you think you can upload some Chinese ISOs online so I can download and can you maybe help me buy something from China Rayman related? Also what are current opinions on video games by Chinese government? I know in past they did not like it but they recently unbanned consoles. Sorry if I am asking too much but I never before talked with Chinese person that likes gaming. All Chinese people that live in my country do not care for games sadly.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

So, how's the translation process going? :)
Rayman_Lums
Lums

Post by Rayman_Lums »

Sorry for lately reply, let me answer your questions:

I think upload the Chinese iso maybe just have a little help to you. Because the Rayman 1 in Chinese we stored it on a Chinese cloud storage. As Rayman Legends, I can share it with you right now, but it needs Uplay. So, if you really want it. Please reply me.

Rayman in China has no PC-DVD ( but Xbox and PS4 have) and now I'm busy in preparing fighting with Chinese college entrance examination. I will be free after three months. At that time, I can help you to buy anything you want in China. I'm sorry...

Chinese government didn't let video game in because of Chinese SARFT. Now they open a little. If video want get into China. It must pass SARFT's very strictly checking. After that, we can see the 12+ games or lower can pass... We are really hate SARFT and GFW :(

I'm so happy to meet you :)

Last answer: We are already get ready to translate RayWiki. But we have no rights to create new pages or do other edit control. Every of us have wiki Accounts. So what can we do? We are puzzled... ⊂((・⊥・))⊃
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman_Lums wrote:We are already get ready to translate RayWiki. But we have no rights to create new pages or do other edit control. Every of us have wiki Accounts. So what can we do? We are puzzled... ⊂((・⊥・))⊃
I need to finish a few things before I publish the Chinese wiki, but you can start translating articles either in a Word document or on user sub-pages on the English wiki: e.g. http://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/User:Rayman ... 7%E6%9B%BC for 雷曼. Click the edit link, and you write the Rayman article there until we move it to the newly created Chinese wiki. :)
#Rubber mark#
Murfy
Tings: 83021

Post by #Rubber mark# »

Great! But I think we already have a Chinese user here.
Lysol
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Lysol »

#Rubber mark# wrote:But I think we already have a Chinese user here.
Indeed, his username is Bradongdez. He could maybe help you guys to translate the RayWiki into Chinese. :wink:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Any news regarding the translation? :mrgreen:
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Apparently nothing. Hmmm...