Wiki help

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
WeebLaughs
Électoon
Tings: 5

Wiki help

Post by WeebLaughs »

How do i even sign up for RayWiki?
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Re: Wiki help

Post by Fifo »

Log in with your forum credentials. The wiki account is synced with your forum account.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I wonder if I can have more than 1 account?
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, J21 has an account on RayWiki too, if that answers your question!
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Oh yeah, that's right. Hmmm...I should get some pointers on my own page sometime.It's not complete as of yet.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

I was trying to edit a page from the french wiki (to add a link to other language), but no matter how many times I refresh the page, I can't make any edits. Not a big deal, but I wanted to let people know about this.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:00 pm I was trying to edit a page from the french wiki (to add a link to other language), but no matter how many times I refresh the page, I can't make any edits. Not a big deal, but I wanted to let people know about this.
For some reason, maybe some articles are protected so only moderators or administrators can take care of editing those articles.
Well, I suggest you talk to the creator of this website to lend a hand what are you doing.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

12RayChienne9 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:05 pm
Elite Piranha wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:00 pm I was trying to edit a page from the french wiki (to add a link to other language), but no matter how many times I refresh the page, I can't make any edits. Not a big deal, but I wanted to let people know about this.
For some reason, maybe some articles are protected so only moderators or administrators can take care of editing those articles.
Well, I suggest you talk to the creator of this website to lend a hand what are you doing.
I would make sense to stop users that don't speak french from editing the french articles (as a precautionary measure). I'll send a PM to someone if I get no replies and the problem persists.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I've made edits to French articles before and it let me, but I was only changing the images, as I'm not that good at speaking French. :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

By any chance, do you get an error message about lost session information? It can happen when switching from one version of RayWiki to another (e.g. Spanish to French) but clicking submit a second time usually works just fine. Besides this small glitch, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to edit the French wiki, and you're even encouraged to do so, to add language links for example.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:04 pm
By any chance, do you get an error message about lost session information? It can happen when switching from one version of RayWiki to another (e.g. Spanish to French) but clicking submit a second time usually works just fine. Besides this small glitch, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to edit the French wiki, and you're even encouraged to do so, to add language links for example.
I don't get any error messages, the edit button is missing, I can only see the code of the french page.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I see. Any better now?
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 am I see. Any better now?
Yes, I refreshed the page and now I can edit the french articles, thanks a lot for the help! :mrgreen:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice, it's a glitch with the current version of MediaWiki that I hope they'll fix in the next one...
12RayChienne9
Carnivora

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

I have a worrying doubt: I do not know whether to give links to unpleasant images I mention so that users are informed or not give links to them. What really happens is that I follow the rules of this website, so I had to create in a section in the discussion article: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/es/Usuario_di ... aychienne9

Please answer the question that if I can do it or not. :!: :confus:
I really need an opinion or an answer, is that it is urgent really because I'm updating my own user page.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I’m not sure what you mean by “unpleasant images”, but unless it’s NSFW, you can post links to them.

If you’re still unsure, send them to me by PM and I’ll let you know.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:07 am I’m not sure what you mean by “unpleasant images”, but unless it’s NSFW, you can post links to them.

If you’re still unsure, send them to me by PM and I’ll let you know.
The unpleasant images I'm refering are actually inappropriate content with explicit content. Those images images that I am hesitating to put the links or not are the following (Notes: the parenthesis indicates a description of each image):
- "Chubby Rayman - Rayman 2 Alternative Ending" (An unpleasant picture based on Rayman 2's Alternative Ending, it's a vectorized art and the artstyle seems pleasant (in my opinion) and it has flash cartoon influences, as well it lacks the background, it was painted by RockergirlBubblizer under an old account called RayJade11 or something like that, it's unknown if it's classified as "Mature Content" or not in the web where it originated; it can be found in Google Pictures by putting in the search "Rayman 2 Ending" and you go further down the pictures)
- "Rayman 2 Ending - Reprised" (Another unpleasant picture based on Rayman 2's Alternative Ending, is very similar to "Chubby Rayman - Rayman 2 Alternative Ending" but it has got a background and Rayman has gynecomastia and his head is attached to the torso in the picture, it was painted by RockergirlBubblizer, it's classified as "Mature Content" according to the web where it originated; it can be found in Google by clicking pictures about Rayman 2's Alternative Ending or putting in the search "Rayman 2 Ending" and you go further down the images)
- Sketches depicting Rayman 2-era Rayman as a human (This image that I am referring to was painted by EarthGwee, one of the sketches which it isn't coloured makes a direct reference to Rayman 2's Alternative Ending)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Mind just sending me links to the images by PM? It'll make my life easier. :mrgreen:
12RayChienne9
Carnivora

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm Mind just sending me links to the images by PM? It'll make my life easier. :mrgreen:
Are you referring to all the images that I mentioned? :?: I thought this phrase seemed on the one hand ambiguous to be honest.

I think you can find the mentioned picture made by EarthGwee where depicts Rayman 2-styled Rayman as a human only by searching in Google Pictures "Rayman 2 human", "EarthGwee Human Rayman" or in a similar way. :|

But as for Rayman 2 Ending - Reprised and Chubby Rayman - Rayman 2 Alternative Ending, I would not be sure to send everyone a link on this website because it is clear that the former can only be seen by those over 18 whereas I say that the later one may be classified as "Mature Content" since if I put in a Google Chrome incognito window or enable safe mode in Google Chrome, Chubby Rayman - Rayman 2 Alternative Ending won't appear and so Rayman 2 Ending - Reprised does.

In brief, can I put links that are directed to the images labeled as "Mature Content" in the PM messages? :?:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

PMs are private by definition so you’re not sending everyone a link, you’re just sending it to me.

Search results differ by country, that’s why it’s best that you send me a PM instead.

Edit: I’ve seen the two images you sent me and it’s just a fat Rayman, really. Nothing that can’t be linked to.