The final version of RayWiki is available!

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Dart
Aglagl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm
Location: The Realm Of Perpetual Sleepiness
Tings: 49835

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Dart »

Just putting some of my finding for Origins related stuff into one area that everyone can see:

-All trophies are posted in "List of achievements in Rayman Origins" except for the Vita ones, Which should be added if possible (and why some achievements have pages is weird since it contradicts most of this main page. Maybe a master "tips and tricks page" should replace them since it's more convenient to have them all in the same area.)

-All of the Worlds pages need to be expanded to include things like events, geography, trivia, ect.

-Articles about all 4 kings need to be edited in various ways, as well as most of the Origins skins needing their unlock requirements for Legends

There are a few more things regarding Origins that may be important, but I'll save them for the morning.
Master wrote:Hmm, that request seems to have fallen on deaf ears, to repeat, any member who own any manuals for any Rayman game are invited to scan and upload them for the Wiki, your contributions will be most appreciated.

Onto the true purpose of this post, I just finished working on the R2 All-Encompassing template, this is just a heads up for fellow editors so that they can refine it as they feel is necessary: http://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Template:Rayman_2
How do you scan a instruction booklet, is that a new function that home printers have? I just assumed we had to take really good pictures or go to a Fed-ex or somethin.
Image

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77884
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 557262

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks for the suggestions, dartofthedavros, but please don't hesitate to edit the wiki yourself, everybody's contributions are welcome.
Image

Dart
Aglagl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm
Location: The Realm Of Perpetual Sleepiness
Tings: 49835

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Dart »

Sorry about that, I posted that at some unholy hour in the morning. I was going to work on the levels today and tomorrow.
Image

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77884
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 557262

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great news! Origins and Legends articles are in great need of improvement. ;)

Also, I've just realised that I haven't announced it yet but an Italian version of RayWiki was created this month. Please help if you speak the language. :)
Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Master »

I've got plans of my own as well in regards to Origins and Legends, sadly, the aid I can give is limited due to my not being able to use the PC version. However, I should be able to make use of what we have in terms of playthroughs and other visual material to build things up.

As for the instruction booklets, the ones I've uploaded were scanned using your average home scanner, many modern day printers seem to incorporate them.
Image

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77884
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 557262

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great news, Master! There's so much to write about RO and RL worlds and levels, and I'm sure others can come up with the needed images.
Image

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 30772
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: [raytunes]bge-44[/raytunes]
Contact:
Tings: 3490

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by PluMGMK »

I have a bunch of R2 PDF manuals taken directly from my CD. What's the best way of going about adding/describing them, etc?

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Master »

There's no need to really describe them, just compare it to this one we've got here, we don't want any duplicates: http://raymanpc.com/wiki/script-en/imag ... Manual.pdf

When uploading a file, be sure to add the image template with the relevant fields filled in, and add the catagory:manuals at the end.
Image

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 30772
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: [raytunes]bge-44[/raytunes]
Contact:
Tings: 3490

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by PluMGMK »

Okay then. I won't risk doing it in this state of tiredness, I'll do it tomorrow. :)

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Master »

I think it's fair to say that I need to improve and expand the help pages, if we're ever going to get more help from the community.
Image

Dart
Aglagl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm
Location: The Realm Of Perpetual Sleepiness
Tings: 49835

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Dart »

Is there any specific Template you had in mind for the origins/legends world stages pages? if not I'll be setting them up like this in the meantime:
-world summary
-geography
-various pictures
-trivia if any can be thought of
Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Master »

Not really no, perhaps it'd be easier to evaluate the set-up, if we could visualise it. Besides, if it does turn out less than acceptable, we can revert it easily anyways. With that in mind, go right ahead as you wish.

As for other matters, I've begun writing up the Online Challenges from Legends, though seeing as a) I don't have the ability to take pictures of the game for the wiki, and b) I've not played the online mode for months, you can imagine that my addition is a small shuffle to progress. I'm going to need a more experienced player in this matter to help expand on what little has been established
Image

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77884
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 557262

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayman 1 world articles are fine without a template so I'm not sure it's needed for Origins, but let's add content first and then we'll see if they can be useful!
Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Master »

I'm not all that keen with the navbox set-up for Origins' and Legends' levels, too many templates and too much kurfuffle in my view.
Image

Dart
Aglagl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm
Location: The Realm Of Perpetual Sleepiness
Tings: 49835

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Dart »

Hunchman801 wrote:Rayman 1 world articles are fine without a template so I'm not sure it's needed for Origins, but let's add content first and then we'll see if they can be useful!
I guess, but for me it's easier to build them up a certain way in the beginning so I'm not totally lost. And I'm almost done with Jibberish Jungle, just want to touch up the paragraphs a little and link the pictures to the article. :)
Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Master »

Hmm, you don't mean MediaWiki template when you say template, do you? In this case you're merely referring to a common layout is all.

Anyways, comparing before and after, I like what you've done.
Image

Dart
Aglagl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm
Location: The Realm Of Perpetual Sleepiness
Tings: 49835

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Dart »

Master wrote:Hmm, you don't mean MediaWiki template when you say template, do you? In this case you're merely referring to a common layout is all.
No, or at least I don't think its on MediaWiki, so I guess you could call it common, anywho its right here:
-world summary
-geography
-various pictures
-trivia if any can be thought of
Master wrote:Anyways, comparing before and after, I like what you've done.
Thanks, still want to do some finishing work on it though.
Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Master »

Yeah, MediaWiki templates are a different thing to what you're referring to. I've just made a slight alteration to your wording in the Geography section, but all in all, good work!
Image

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Posts: 77884
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Tings: 557262

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Hunchman801 »

Master wrote:I'm not all that keen with the navbox set-up for Origins' and Legends' levels, too many templates and too much kurfuffle in my view.
All-encompassing templates maybe?
Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: The final version of RayWiki is available!

Post by Master »

I'll give it a shot, and get back to you.

On another note, I've just made a table noting the lum prizes from the Online Challenges, I'd be grateful if any members who play the challenges could fill in the missing values, or just let me know of them so I can put them in: http://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Online_Chal ... Lum_Prizes
Image

Post Reply