Names in other languages?

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: Names in other languages?

Post by Hunchman801 »

Good question, it looks like they're pretty much interchangeable to me, so it's just a matter of you guys agreeing on one. :mrgreen:
12RayChienne9
Carnivora
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

I don't mind about the change... But I think it could be fitting that "Scrapped content from Rayman #" should be translated as "Contenido desechado de Rayman #".

Also, I used the Spanish word "descartado" to refer scrapped stuff because I took it out of a video in Spanish which speaks of trivia about the Rayman series which I saw it two years ago.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

I personally think that "Contenido descartado de Rayman #" sounds better.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm I personally think that "Contenido descartado de Rayman #" sounds better.
Ok, I'll take care of that change.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

12RayChienne9 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 pm
Elite Piranha wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm I personally think that "Contenido descartado de Rayman #" sounds better.
I've already made the changes, (I think there were only two pages that used the word "desechado" in their categories). I'll wait some time and if no one says anything else, I'll create the pages for the "scrapped content" categories.

Edit: I've already sent a PM to Jaster.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:43 am
12RayChienne9 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 pm
I've already made the changes, (I think there were only two pages that used the word "desechado" in their categories). I'll wait some time and if no one says anything else, I'll create the pages for the "scrapped content" categories.

Edit: I've already sent a PM to Jaster.
Thanks for the collaboration :winkgrin: , in response to what you did, I have collaborated in one of the articles you've created. I also created the Fish and the Piranha articles in the Spanish version of RayWiki.

Well, what is the name of each member of the Snifflers in Spanish?
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

12RayChienne9 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 pm Thanks for the collaboration :winkgrin: , in response to what you did, I have collaborated in one of the articles you've created. I also created the Fish and the Piranha articles in the Spanish version of RayWiki.

Thanks for creating the pages, I don't know the names of the Snifflers, I'll try to check that later.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:54 pm
12RayChienne9 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 pm Thanks for the collaboration :winkgrin: , in response to what you did, I have collaborated in one of the articles you've created. I also created the Fish and the Piranha articles in the Spanish version of RayWiki.

Thanks for creating the pages, I don't know the names of the Snifflers, I'll try to check that later.
You're welcome :)
Besides, you're going to create the Spanish version of the Hostess article, right?

So, here is a video of a gameplay of Rayman 3 in Spanish:

Also, I'm planning to create the Spanish version about the three types of fishes which appeared in Eat at Joe's, one of the levels the original Rayman game has.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

12RayChienne9 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:03 pm You're welcome :)
Besides, you're going to create the Spanish version of the Hostess article, right?

So, here is a video of a gameplay of Rayman 3 in Spanish:
Yes, I plan to create a page for the Hostess once I have all the information I need.

Thanks for the video, btw do you understand what André says in the min. 32:24:

EDIT: The Sniifers in spanish are called "Los Estormudos", I found two of their members in this video:

Moco
Achús

Also, this link might be useful to you.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:00 am The Sniifers in spanish are called "Los Estormudos", I found two of their members in this video:

Moco
Achús

Also, this link might be useful to you.
Thanks you... Also, I've already created the article about the Cagoulette in the Spanish version of RayWiki.

What are the name of each member of the Green Pieces in Spanish? And the name of each member of the Rhinoz?
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

12RayChienne9 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:49 pm Thanks you... Also, I've already created the article about the Cagoulette in the Spanish version of RayWiki.

What are the name of each member of the Green Pieces in Spanish? And the name of each member of the Rhinoz?
Thanks for creating the Cagoulette page. These are all the names I know at the moment, the text in parenthesis is the rarity:

Los Verdes
- Malahierba (Escasillo)
- En-ojo (Común)
- Erriza (Apenas se atisba)

Los Rinos
- Punki (Común)

Los Estormudos
- Moco (Común)
- Achús (Poco común)

EDIT: Updated list of all the family names I know:

Los Bombonetes
Los Carboncetes
Los Rosis
Los Avinagrados
Los Li-monadas
Los Frescones
Los Peluches
Los Moneys
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

I can upload the localization file if anyone needs all creature names. I've been thinking of making a tool for viewing it easily too, so might do so some day.

Edit: I converted the localization file to text files based on language. You can use the ID to find matching lines across the files. (thanks to Droolie for making the deserializer!)
Rayman Adventures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KjUX6 ... Z-GjvZJ85x
Rayman Mini: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rAByP ... e6XUxf2oXU
Rayman Legends: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g91zI ... PDUHGECBkN
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

RayCarrot wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:38 am I can upload the localization file if anyone needs all creature names. I've been thinking of making a tool for viewing it easily too, so might do so some day.

Edit: I converted the localization file to text files based on language. You can use the ID to find matching lines across the files. (thanks to Droolie for making the deserializer!)
Rayman Adventures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KjUX6 ... Z-GjvZJ85x
Rayman Mini: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rAByP ... e6XUxf2oXU
Rayman Legends: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g91zI ... PDUHGECBkN
That's awesome, thanks a lot! Before I was not sure about which Incrediballs belong to each family, but with the ID numbers everything is much easier.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

It seems that looking for the names of each Incrediball in Spanish go great.
How about some playable characters? Well, what is Ray Plumber called in Spanish? "Fontanero Ray" or "Ray Fontanero"?
The same would ask about Glob Plumber's name in Spanish.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

12RayChienne9 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:32 pm It seems that looking for the names of each Incrediball in Spanish go great.
How about some playable characters? Well, what is Ray Plumber called in Spanish? "Fontanero Ray" or "Ray Fontanero"?
The same would ask about Glob Plumber's name in Spanish.
According to the descriptions in Rayman Legends:

Rayfontanero
Siempre buscando monedas, champiñones y estrellas brillantes en el Claro de los Sueños, nuestro amigo recuerda mucho a otro famoso héroe.

Glofontanero
Es un héroe que explora el Claro de los Sueños buscando tuberías verdes que, según cree, llevan a salas secretas llenas de monedas. Uy, esa historia me suena mucho…
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Awesome, Carrot! This will be a great resource for the foreign versions of RayWiki. Any chance you could get the same thing for Fiesta Run?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:42 pm Awesome, Carrot! This will be a great resource for the foreign versions of RayWiki. Any chance you could get the same thing for Fiesta Run?
Fiesta Run and Origins use a different structure. Droolie was the one who had figured out the Legends/Adventures/Mini structure for his Ubi-Canvas program, but he hasn't yet done so for the older games. I'll look into the format soon and see if I can figure it out.

For now though, here are all UbiArt localization files in one folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Once again Origins + Fiesta Run are missing text files there.

Edit: I converted the Fiesta Run files now and added them to the linked folder :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

RayCarrot wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:48 pm Edit: I converted the Fiesta Run files now and added them to the linked folder :)
Awesome, I'll have a look later. :up: Hope I can find character names in there.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Btw, for choosing the name of a character page, which name takes priority, the one that appears in the manual or the one that appears in the game? Razorwife has a spanish name (La Señora Barbaguda) in the Rayma M manual, but in the game (even if the spanish language is chosen) her name was not translated.
12RayChienne9
Carnivora

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:52 am According to the descriptions in Rayman Legends:

Rayfontanero
Siempre buscando monedas, champiñones y estrellas brillantes en el Claro de los Sueños, nuestro amigo recuerda mucho a otro famoso héroe.

Glofontanero
Es un héroe que explora el Claro de los Sueños buscando tuberías verdes que, según cree, llevan a salas secretas llenas de monedas. Uy, esa historia me suena mucho…
Thanks! Also, I have just created the Incrediball article in the Spanish version of RayWiki: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/es/Incrediball

Also, how about Champion Ray's name in Spanish? And Ray-Gnarr's name in Spanish?