Non-members in list of Rayman records

Talk about the collaborative Rayman encyclopedia.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Non-members in list of Rayman records

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Is the list of Rayman records only for members of this place?

I suppose it should be according to this:
The following is a list of Rayman records by their respective games the Rayman Pirate-Community members uploaded to the website, with photographic or video evidence.
But then there are a couple records there and there with no profile links. The reason I'm asking is because I've found records for the Rayman Legends invasion levels that are literally half the time of the ones on that page.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Non-members in list of Rayman records

Post by Steo »

There is a Rayman Origins Scores thread, but I don't know if these scores were ever actually confirmed. I do know that even I got better times in some levels than what's displayed on the wiki for Origins, so it's likely these are pretty outdated, and probably need video evidence to show that they're legit also. It might be a bit complicated because of this.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I don't know about Origins, I only saw records for Legends. The spreadsheet is here, and it seems that most records have video proof. There's also a playlist of invasion world records here.
ScalieDan
Feuillu
Tings: 1651

Post by ScalieDan »

hoodlumsworld wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:13 pm I don't know about Origins, I only saw records for Legends. The spreadsheet is here, and it seems that most records have video proof. There's also a playlist of invasion world records here.
Yeah
The record playlist is worked on by the Rayman Legends community and updated rather timely.

The spreadsheet also shows scores which are confirmed in some shape or form.
Screenshot showing no co-op tricks, videos, strat description. So not all methods are obvious, some are internally proven.

Scores achieved by established players aren't hard to believe and times are reasonable as well.
Big time jumps are still things we look after. Though never saw a case where a big time cut happened and strat wasn't shared.

So if player's scores outside of raymanpc are valid, it would be cool to see the current best times on the wiki page :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I think it's perfectly fine to allow scores from non-members, after all this will only make the page more informative. I have clarified this by editing the first paragraph.

So, if a record holder doesn't have an account here, just omit the profile link around their name. And of course, don't hesitate to invite them to join, we'd love for high scorers to share their experience with us. 8)
ScalieDan
Feuillu
Tings: 1651

Post by ScalieDan »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:26 pm I think it's perfectly fine to allow scores from non-members, after all this will only make the page more informative. I have clarified this by editing the first paragraph.

So, if a record holder doesn't have an account here, just omit the profile link around their name. And of course, don't hesitate to invite them to join, we'd love for high scorers to share their experience with us. 8)
Ok. Well I think if not this weekend + next week then next weekend + week after next one I will be able to collect everything and ask around to be sure everything is up to date :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Great! There's no rush anyway, this page has been out of date for a long time according to that spreadsheet hoodlumsworld posted.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Oh that's cool, thanks for the answer!