HD .BIK cinematic files for Rayman 3?

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

TRJTA
Lums Vert
Tings: 75

HD .BIK cinematic files for Rayman 3?

Post by TRJTA »

I managed to extract the HD (1280x720, 30fps) .bik files from my PS3 Rayman 3 HD disc. I tried replacing the .bik files of the PC version (320x400, 25fps), but sadly the game just skips and doesn't show them.

I so far found out that replacing the .bik files with a higher resolution does not work, but replacing the 25fps file with a 30fps file DOES work. So that is interesting.

Does maybe anyone know a solution to make the game play higher res .bik files? If so, we would also be able to play HD cinematics in Rayman 3 on PC.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8031

Re: HD .BIK cinematic files for Rayman 3?

Post by deton24 »

So far it is not possible, we know about the issue.
There is even remastered intro using AI. Its first version is published on YouTube.
I just don't remember in what quality is this PS3 video, and whether it's not simply upscale and wasn't made again using original render.
You can upload it in bik, though.
LolcatPlays
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by LolcatPlays »

TRJTA wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:45 am I managed to extract the HD (1280x720, 30fps) .bik files from my PS3 Rayman 3 HD disc. I tried replacing the .bik files of the PC version (320x400, 25fps), but sadly the game just skips and doesn't show them.

I so far found out that replacing the .bik files with a higher resolution does not work, but replacing the 25fps file with a 30fps file DOES work. So that is interesting.

Does maybe anyone know a solution to make the game play higher res .bik files? If so, we would also be able to play HD cinematics in Rayman 3 on PC.
viewtopic.php?p=1432160#p1432160
XanderNT
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by XanderNT »

TRJTA wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:45 am I managed to extract the HD (1280x720, 30fps) .bik files from my PS3 Rayman 3 HD disc. I tried replacing the .bik files of the PC version (320x400, 25fps), but sadly the game just skips and doesn't show them.

Hey any chance you can upload the HD .bik files please? I plan to Translate the audio :)
Hakyra
Bouillaboue
Tings: 240

Post by Hakyra »

Not only that but the HD cutscenes have 1 duplicate frame every 5 frames, it's easy solvable by going on Handbrake and just setting the FPS to 25. [but if you do this make sure to make the encode lossless to not lose quality]
-Hakyra
CaptainBoj
Feuillu
Tings: 1595

Post by CaptainBoj »

ooh I'd love to see the videos in HD
Image Image Image
Blinkies in my sig are made by me