Rayman emulation

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman emulation

Post by Haruka »

I still did not do any tests under Windows 10 but I should have a try in a computer with that OS.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Haruka wrote:I hope they really make progress as I would like to explore more this system. Virtual Jaguar was also on the limbo for many years but from a point to other they did significant improvements, making Rayman playable. It would be nice an identical scenario with this.
Yabause doesn't run Rayman 1 perfectly, there are a lot of graphical errors. What does run it 100% perfectly is Mednafen, so I would definitely try that.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

RibShark wrote:
Haruka wrote:I hope they really make progress as I would like to explore more this system. Virtual Jaguar was also on the limbo for many years but from a point to other they did significant improvements, making Rayman playable. It would be nice an identical scenario with this.
Yabause doesn't run Rayman 1 perfectly, there are a lot of graphical errors. What does run it 100% perfectly is Mednafen, so I would definitely try that.
Well, guys. I found yesterday a Saturn emulator that I will start to follow the development closely because it seems active. It is called Yabause and I can run Rayman 1 in it in near perfection. I believe it is worth having a look: https://yabause.org/
As for Mednafen, I wasn't able to make it work.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Haruka wrote:
RibShark wrote:
Well, guys. I found yesterday a Saturn emulator that I will start to follow the development closely because it seems active. It is called Yabause and I can run Rayman 1 in it in near perfection. I believe it is worth having a look: https://yabause.org/
As for Mednafen, I wasn't able to make it work.
Well, I could try and make a guide on getting Mednafen to work. It really is worth the difference I feel.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I watched one tutorial online but it did not work for me. I dragged and dropped the game on the executable and nothing was happening.
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

.cue files have been stopped being mounted in the system?
You've used DT?
There is only no opportunity to use advanced option of emulation, but mounting images should work.
You may also check Alcohol 120 or 52%.
Or just make image or just convert it somehow to ISO.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Well ,it seems that Bluestacks is making neat progresses. They fixed the superspeed issue in Rayman Adventures so the game is running perfectly through the software's emulation! Now what I need to figure out is if I can force it to enter in Controller mode instead of Touch mode.

EDIT: It seems nothing can be done for now except to simulate the touch. I would like the Xbox 360 controller to be supported anytime soon either by BlueStacks or nox.
Outerbeast
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by Outerbeast »

Haruka wrote:
Emulator: ePSXe (Version 1.9.0)

Reported by: Haruka

GPU used for the test: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

CPU used for the test: Intel Core i7-4771 @ 3.50GHz

Compatibility: Playable. You can fully play the game since the beginning to the credits roll.

Notes: There are minor graphical glitches in the world map but it does not harm gameplay.

Setup instructions (version 1.9.0):
  • 1 - Extract the folder to any place in the computer you desire to save the emulator.

2 - Open "ePSXe.exe" and go to "Config", "Wizard Guide". A wizard will give you instructions step by step to configure the emulator. Select "Config".

3 - A BIOS list will appear, and you can pick any of both (I personally use the PAL one but that's optional). Click in "Next".

4 - Now it will ask you to select a video plugin. I use "Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9" (google for it). Click on it and then in "Config".

5 - A big window full of options will appear. I configured it in this way in my computer but you can adjust depending of the hardware you own:

6 - In the end press "OK" and "Next". The sound plugin list will appear. I use "Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41". Click on it and select "Next" (Nothing needs to be setup on it).

7 - The CD-ROM Plugin list will appear now. Now I ask for your attention for something: there are many people that complain that they have no music being played during the emulation of Rayman 1. This usually happens when you are playing an ISO of the game instead of booting the physical disc. The instructions I'm going to give now are to run the game with an ISO, and to make the music workable. The CD-ROM Plugin that I exclusively use to boot Rayman 1 is "Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8" (Google for it). Click on it and then in "Config".

8 - Make sure that the option "Repeat all CDDA tracks" is checked and that you click in "Choose an autorun image" and select the ISO of the game. Make also sure that "CDDA Volume" is set up to "1.00". After checking all of these click in "OK" and "Next".

9 - Now the wizard will request you to setup the controls for the emulation. I usually play with my gamepad (Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows) but the game is also perfectly playable in the keyboard. Try to select the Digital or DualShock mode, but in case the game complains there's a missing controller you can change the controller mode in the options of the emulator. After finishing the setup, press "OK" and select "Next". Press "Done".

10 - Now that you are done with the configurations, you can select "File" and "Run CD". If everything went fine, the game will successfuly boot with music and sound!

11 - As a last tip, if you want to flavor some nostalgia, create a shortcut of the executable file of the emulator, right-click on it and select "Proprieties". In "Destination", type this in the very end :

Code: Select all

"*Directory of the file*" -slowboot
    Like this, the emulator will boot the original PlayStation 1 BIOS before starting up a game. :P

12 - Have fun!
These are the wrong settings for Rayman

You want to update ePSXe to version 2.05, then when configuring the gpu settings, DO NOT use the OpenGL2 core gpu plugin.
You must use ePSXe core gpu plugin with these settings if you are wanting to play at the best graphics quality possible:
A mysterious figure once wrote:All dreams are but another reality.
Never forget...
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Back in the day I wrote that guide 1.9.0 was the most recent version of the emulator but yes, it is highly advisable to upgrade. :P

I should try out the settings you told though!
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Re: Rayman emulation [BIG IMPORTANT ISSUE - PLEASE READ]

Post by Keane »

**HELP ! ! HELP ! !**

i got a psx (wiisx) emulator rolling on my wii but whatever iso of rame 1 i use it always just freezes at the ubisoft logo - can someone supre smart on emus tell me "hey its because of this and that"

reward: 69 tings
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

There was a homebrew PS1 emulator for the Wii? Huh. To Google it is.

Alright, found a game compatibility list for WiiSX: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSX/Compatibility
Looks like freezing on the UbiSoft logo is a known problem, though there doesn't seem to be anything on any found solutions. The latest version of the emulator was released in 2010. So it may be you're out of luck.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

:roll: yeah turns out the game isnt compatible, well fug
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Tomazo
Moussu
Tings: 1230

Post by Tomazo »

I wanted to play the Nintendo 64 version of Rayman 2 on Android, but it only shows a black screen and the game doesn't start. However Super Mario 64 perfectly runs with the same emulator, without any problems. I also tried out some other games, and they worked fine, the only thing I found was just that sometimes sound doesn't fit the gameplay, but no more serious problems.

Is it happening to anybody else, or it is only my phone?

Used emulator: MegaN64 for Android
Tomazo
Moussu

Post by Tomazo »

deton24 wrote:But for what?

Dreamcast version of Rayman 2 on nullDC looks the best on Android
I don't understand your question. As I know, nullDC is for PC, and I didn't find serious content about its Android release. Or if there is, it might be quite unstable. I know there are other DC emulators for Android, but as I said I would like to try the n64 version of Rayman 2.

I start to believe I would need a stronger phone for this emulation. Mario 64 isn't a big deal, but Rayman 2...
deton24
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 8652

Post by deton24 »

Sorry
It's called Reicast
It works fast and stable on quad core Cortex A7 in FHD, with really good graphics.

I had only problems with starting ROM from SD card.
It's about 1GB for full unripped version with normal 22khz music. Still there is a smaller one in the net.
Tomazo
Moussu

Post by Tomazo »

deton24 wrote:Sorry
It's called Reicast
It works fast and stable on quad core Cortex A7 in FHD, with really good graphics.

I had only problems with starting ROM from SD card.
It's about 1GB for full unripped version with normal 22khz music. Still there is a smaller one in the net.
Oh, I see, thank you for your help, but since I don't have a strong phone, I think I won't try Dreamcast emulation.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Bit of "emulation" news: I've just discovered that the latest Wine, when using the experimental Gallium Nine D3D backend, no longer has the issue in Rayman Origins where "long" sprites aren't rendered! :D