Rayman 2 - Texture Hacking - Tutorial!

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Re: Rayman 2 - Texture Hacking - Tutorial!

Post by Master » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:16 pm

From what I've done so far, I think it's probably got to do with the batch command. Instead of opening it via explorer, continue using the Command Prompt you've already opened, and type in "convert_all.bat," that did the trick for me.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Works perfect for me, thanks :D
Any chance you can change textures of other characters to make them look Japanese?
Also, I confirm that this works with Steam version.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 54355

Post by Droolie » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Rayman fan2000 wrote:This does not even work. I don't get any tga files yet I follow the steps completely. I tried about 7 times now, yet I still only have gf files.
And nobody in the skype chat helped at all and decided "oh it's your fault" instead of even helping. I followed the steps perfectly and tried SEVEN FUCKING TIMES and yet everyone blamed me instead of trying to help or actually say something nice FOR ONCE IN MY FUCKING LIFE.
Have you moved/renamed gf2.exe, convert_all.bat, or the extracted textures folder? The program definitely works if you leave those files alone.
If that doesn't work, can you try opening command prompt, running convert_all.bat from there as Master said, and tell us what it says?

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Having tried it out myself to the letter, barring the slight meander I've mentioned before, I can confirm that it did work for me, I did a little change to test:

Rayman fan2000
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10125

Post by Rayman fan2000 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:53 am

Even after I imported the textures by following the steps exactly, the previous texture for Rayman is still there instead of the one I imported...

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 54355

Post by Droolie » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:59 am

Rayman fan2000 wrote:Even after I imported the textures by following the steps exactly, the previous texture for Rayman is still there instead of the one I imported...
Have you used CMD as admin to reimport the textures?
Also:
1- You don't have GOG Version, then you'll need a no CD patch.
2- You have GOG version, so you're ok !

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:51 am

Rayman fan2000 wrote:FOR ONCE IN MY FUCKING LIFE.
whoa so emo

Facsinating, Wesh! I'll try this out tomorrow!

GOT4N
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by GOT4N » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:17 am

Adsolution wrote:
Rayman fan2000 wrote:FOR ONCE IN MY FUCKING LIFE.
whoa so emo

Facsinating, Wesh! I'll try this out tomorrow!
haha no problem :p
Rayman fan2000 wrote: I followed the steps perfectly and tried SEVEN FUCKING TIMES and yet everyone blamed me instead of trying to help or actually say something nice FOR ONCE IN MY FUCKING LIFE.
No, we told you many helps, but it still did not worked, and if OCG & Master & Droolie managed to, that is probably your fault, and you told everything is bullshit like XnView is bullshit but you didn't saw that there was no TGA files...

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:12 am

Rayman fan2000 wrote:Even after I imported the textures by following the steps exactly, the previous texture for Rayman is still there instead of the one I imported...
Hm, so did you manage to get the TGA files using the slightly different method I did? Just to check again if not:
Master wrote:From what I've done so far, I think it's probably got to do with the batch command. Instead of opening it via explorer, continue using the Command Prompt you've already opened, and type in "convert_all.bat," that did the trick for me.
Otherwise, are you sure that you named everything correctly? I can't be sure myself, but it might be an issue of case-sensitivity (ie. caps lock where there shouldn't be any caps lock), or small typo.

Anyways, onto the messing about, I decided to have a hand at making a DarkRay meself, and I'm pretty pleased with it, barring the eyes:

Having now tried the process out as a whole, I guess my only major criticism would be how tedious it currently is, if one had an extensive amount of modified textures, they could be there for hours converting the .tga files back to .gf. Barring that though, I think you folks deserve 500 tings each for your efforts.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 am

Anyone wants to make this Dark Rayman texture? :P

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

GOT4N
Électoon

Post by GOT4N » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:38 pm

Master wrote:
Hm, so did you manage to get the TGA files using the slightly different method I did? Just to check again if not:
Master wrote:From what I've done so far, I think it's probably got to do with the batch command. Instead of opening it via explorer, continue using the Command Prompt you've already opened, and type in "convert_all.bat," that did the trick for me.
Otherwise, are you sure that you named everything correctly? I can't be sure myself, but it might be an issue of case-sensitivity (ie. caps lock where there shouldn't be any caps lock), or small typo.

Anyways, onto the messing about, I decided to have a hand at making a DarkRay meself, and I'm pretty pleased with it, barring the eyes:

Having now tried the process out as a whole, I guess my only major criticism would be how tedious it currently is, if one had an extensive amount of modified textures, they could be there for hours converting the .tga files back to .gf. Barring that though, I think you folks deserve 500 tings each for your efforts.
Thanks, also wow your Dark Rayman looks much better, if only the eyes could be just yellow, Dark Rayman have no pupil :p
OldClassicGamer wrote:Anyone wants to make this Dark Rayman texture? :P
I'll finish the Jap Project then I'll try :)

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Well, you already cracked that, I guess I could just nick it off your DarkRay texture pack, but that hardly seems honourable, seeing as you worked just as hard on yours. I'm more than willing to share my lot of textures to combine with yours though. Here they are: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

GOT4N
Électoon

Post by GOT4N » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Master wrote:seeing as you worked just as hard on yours.
Not at all XD Upload yours it's much much better :)

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Alright, I nicked your eye texture to fix the eye issue, hopefully, you won't mind that. I've got the textures ready, I'll get them up when I get back.

RibShark
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by RibShark » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:41 pm

OldClassicGamer wrote:Anyone wants to make this Dark Rayman texture? :P
The model looks the same as the one from Rayman 2, so it is possible we could extract the textures for arena and just use them in Rayman 2.

GOT4N
Électoon

Post by GOT4N » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:17 pm

So I checked, and it only have the same textures as his hair and it's the same so useless, else it uses the old Rayman 3 way :p

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Right, so here's the DarkRay I made:
Made by : Master (thanks to Got4n and Drolpiraat for eye fix)
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6rV8N ... sp=sharing
Preview:

RAYMANIA
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1065

Post by RAYMANIA » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Amazing mod put Dark Rayman in Rayman 2 :wink:

Since I haven't found the same section dedicated to Rayman 3, we want talk about this other wonder:
unfortunately there is just an image, no video or other to show it completely.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:07 pm

That image probably came out of something like Garry's Mod, it doesn't really look like anything official to me.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:27 pm

The way the title is written can pretty much give away it aint real thing :P
I actually thought Lexis himself made it in GMod or something like that.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image