Modifying Rayman Jungle Run game files.

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Re: Modifying Rayman Jungle Run game files.

Post by GOT4N »

MilesTheCreator wrote:
GOT4N wrote:
MilesTheCreator wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:Would it be possible for you to make videos of the levels? I believe Google Play Games has a built in screen recorder you can use.
Google Play Games makes crappy video quality. I already have another screen recorder.

And yeah, making a video about the levels is a good idea. I should make that! ;)
Rayman Origins/Legends are already decompilable, there's a few interesting stuff, like some source code of cheats or even the old sign that has a few things left
One thing I wonder though, is how you decompiled the ipk inside Jungle Run? iirc, there were some ipk you needed to decompile, unless my memory fools me?
Lol, I feel so stupid right now. I forgot that I already had Rayman Legends/Origins decompiled before and I never used the files. xD

Rayman Jungle Run doesn't have any ipk files, the data files is just..... right there!
http://i.imgur.com/lKxGfbi.jpg
Oh okay, funny thing ^^, thanks for anwsering! :)
Last edited by PluMGMK on Sun May 21, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote large images.
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 770

Post by MilesTheCreator »

GOT4N wrote:
MilesTheCreator wrote:
GOT4N wrote:
MilesTheCreator wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:Would it be possible for you to make videos of the levels? I believe Google Play Games has a built in screen recorder you can use.
Google Play Games makes crappy video quality. I already have another screen recorder.

And yeah, making a video about the levels is a good idea. I should make that! ;)
Rayman Origins/Legends are already decompilable, there's a few interesting stuff, like some source code of cheats or even the old sign that has a few things left
One thing I wonder though, is how you decompiled the ipk inside Jungle Run? iirc, there were some ipk you needed to decompile, unless my memory fools me?
Lol, I feel so stupid right now. I forgot that I already had Rayman Legends/Origins decompiled before and I never used the files. xD

Rayman Jungle Run doesn't have any ipk files, the data files is just..... right there!
http://i.imgur.com/lKxGfbi.jpg
Oh okay, funny thing ^^, thanks for anwsering! :)
No problem. :)
Last edited by PluMGMK on Sun May 21, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote large images.
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

The video is here! There may be part 2 of this video.. Allow me to explain:
All the files I showed in this video are from the folder "testlevels" and there are unused levels that are outside that folder. I will show these later, stay tuned for part 2! ;)
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Very nice! And well done on persevering with the tough levels! :P
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Just an update. I found a way to beat the levels I couldn't in the video so part 2 will most likely come soon! :D
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

MilesTheCreator wrote:Just an update. I found a way to beat the levels I couldn't in the video so part 2 will most likely come soon! :D
Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing it! I really love when these type of discoveries are made!
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

This is not an unused level, I just swapped enemies and stuff. xD

P.S. The part 2 of the video unused Jungle Run levels was already finished but turns out there's more unused levels. It will take a while to record everything! :)
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

It's interesting to see how there are so many leftover objects from Origins still present in the files!

Edit: Just noticed the lividstone at the menu! That was pretty funny :P
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Carrot-master wrote:It's interesting to see how there are so many leftover objects from Origins still present in the files!

Edit: Just noticed the lividstone at the menu! That was pretty funny :P
I know right. Jungle Run must have had efforts for all these testing. :)

Edit: Actually, I replaced the tree object with a wind physics. This is why the lividstone in the menu gone like that, haha! :P
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

(Not sure if I'm double posting, I only wanted to post an update.)

I have found a way to unpack and pack Rayman Origins and Legends game data, time to hunt for some unused stuff. B-)