Rayman Jungle/Fiesta Run patch (Android)

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: Rayman Jungle/Fiesta Run patch (Android)

Post by Hunchman801 »

dr_st wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:35 pm Heh. I was once working on an Android app which needed to record something from the mic. It was for a small research project. Anyways, at some point I was fiddling with the permissions in the manifest, because it wasn't very clear how to ask and for what. So when I installed my own app, through the debug interface, my phone's built-in security suite warned me that the app contains malware and will steal my data. :hinhinhin:
Is stealing your own data still theft, though? :fou2:
nicomancho
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by nicomancho »

Hello!

When I got to download the Jungle Run apk, it says the app is not downloaded when it is. Do you know what this could be caused by?
I love these smiles :fou2: :mryellow:
Spudiacs
Électoon

Post by Spudiacs »

Error messages occur while on the loading screen (yes I am connected to wifi)
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

Spudiacs wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:49 am Error messages occur while on the loading screen (yes I am connected to wifi)
Could you be more specific? What error messages? Are you talking about Jungle Run or Fiesta Run?
Spudiacs
Électoon

Post by Spudiacs »

Both of them (jungle run is the one with the white button and fiesta run is the one with the black button)
SantaHeyy
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by SantaHeyy »

Is the apk still works ? It still tells me "Download error"...

EDIT : I found a fix !!! On my phone (Fairphone 4), I must to do that :
Rayman Jungle Run :
1. Download patched apk
2. In "Android/Data", create folder "com.pastagames.ro1mobile/files"
3. Inside "files", create a file named ".86dcb8a4"
4. Install the apk and run the game
It must download packages and works!
Rayman Fiesta Run :
1. Download patched apk
2. In "Android/Data", create folder "com.ubisoft.rayman.fiestarun"
3. Install the apk and run the game

App used : SolidExplorer (may be necessary for .86dcb8a4 creation)

Source : -Some tests with Memu (Android Emulator)
-https://www.reddit.com/r/Rayman/comment ... t/f9n5om4/
-https://www.reddit.com/r/Rayman/comment ... t/gqs94sa/
Last edited by SantaHeyy on Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StupidCacti
Électoon

Post by StupidCacti »

does it even work anymore?

i keep getting the download error
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

It's been a while since we made this patch, so I don't know why it doesn't seem to work anymore. Which Android version are you on? Might be some change there. The patch doesn't change anything with the download process besides replacing the URL from using Ubisoft's servers to a reupload on archive.org (which is still up).
StupidCacti
Électoon

Post by StupidCacti »

I'm using Android 11
sfoklus
Électoon

Post by sfoklus »

SantaHeyy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:32 am Is the apk still works ? It still tells me "Download error"...

EDIT : I found a fix !!! On my phone (Fairphone 4), I must to do that :
Rayman Jungle Run :
1. Download patched apk
2. In "Android/Data", create folder "com.pastagames.ro1mobile/files"
3. Inside "files", create a file named ".86dcb8a4"
4. Install the apk and run the game
Rayman Fiesta Run :
1. Download patched apk
2. In "Android/Data", create folder "com.ubisoft.rayman.fiestarun"
3. Install the apk and run the game

App used : SolidExplorer (may be necessary for .86dcb8a4 creation)

Source : -Some tests with Memu (Android Emulator)
-https://www.reddit.com/r/Rayman/comment ... t/f9n5om4/
-https://www.reddit.com/r/Rayman/comment ... t/gqs94sa/

Hey there.
I created an account on this forum just so I can thank you. I've been searching for a solution for Fiesta Run everywhere for so long. You're the god damn best
moicced1
Électoon

Post by moicced1 »

hello
can you get rayman jungle run to work on android 12?
Thank you in advance for your answer
Cordially
mattxkl
Électoon

Post by mattxkl »

Hi. I tried install Jungle Run on Redmi Note 11 Pro (Android 11), but still got download error, even with using fix from SantaHeyy. Maybe someone knows how to make this game work in 2022 😂
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

This won't solve the issues on Android, but for those keen on playing the games no matter how, ICUP321 has released fully functional PC versions of Jungle and Fiesta Run (they were recently delisted and some downloadable content was unavailable). Higher-resolution textures are also available.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Yeah at this rate the best way to fix Jungle Run on Android is to use the hidden file method and just put the gallery files there by yourself. A guy named MilesTheCreator figured out the hidden file step a long time ago and I had shared this solution. I'll post it here in case it still proves useful to anyone, and of course as Hunch says, you can still play it on PC now too!

___

Download this zip file: [url=https://archive.org/download/junglerun_ ... allery.zip[/url] (it's the gallery file for Jungle Run)

Extract the zip file to the following path on your phone (create the gallery folder if it doesn't exist):

Code: Select all

Internal Storage/Android/data/com.pastagames.ro1mobile/files/gallery 
Create a new empty file on your phone named: ".86dcb8a4" (without quotes) in the following directory:

Code: Select all

Internal Storage/Android/data/com.pastagames.ro1mobile/files
Note: The file may look like it has vanished, but it's still there. You can enable "show hidden files" in your file browser and it will show up, the "." makes the file hidden, which is neccesary.

After this, the game should simply just work once you open it. The hidden file is just some method the game uses to tell it that the gallery files have already been downloaded, and it's neccessary in order for the game to work.

More effort than it should be, but at least it works if people really want to play the game!

EDIT: The only other way to make it more simple is to replace the links in the apk again by modifying it, as the apks in the first post no longer point to working links.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Nice one! Was the hidden file discovered using strace, or just by listing hidden files in the folder?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Steo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:58 pm EDIT: The only other way to make it more simple is to replace the links in the apk again by modifying it, as the apks in the first post no longer point to working links.
The links in the apk still work, I just checked now. I'm not sure why they don't work in the game anymore. Perhaps some file permissions issue?
I'll also post the links here to have them preserved. These are the ones which icup had uploaded to archive.org:

https://archive.org/download/junglerun_ ... .2.171.zip
https://archive.org/download/junglerun_ ... allery.zip
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

RayCarrot wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:03 pm The links in the apk still work, I just checked now. I'm not sure why they don't work in the game anymore. Perhaps some file permissions issue?
I'll also post the links here to have them preserved. These are the ones which icup had uploaded to archive.org:

https://archive.org/download/junglerun_ ... .2.171.zip
https://archive.org/download/junglerun_ ... allery.zip
Oh I see, hmm weird then I wonder if it's an Android 12 thing... I have 12 on my phone currently but it's unofficial. I should still test the apk and figure out what's happening then, it's been some time since I looked into it.

I'll also change the links in the above post to these ones you've shared since they currently link to some Google Drive and I don't even know who's it is. :oops2:
PluMGMK wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:55 pm Nice one! Was the hidden file discovered using strace, or just by listing hidden files in the folder?
I think it was just simply that Miles was observing before while trying to understand why it doesn't just work by default, and compared the files from before opening the game, to after opening it. He had show hidden files on and noticed that file, so he tried to move it and the game was broken again, then putting it back fixed it. I guess for some reason that's the APK's way of telling it the files are there if it finds that file, as I'm pretty sure literally deleting the gallery but keeping that file still had the game run with the missing images. :fou2:

EDIT: Hmm, interesting then. I should try to look into it again and see if I can even remotely understand what's going on anymore since I haven't done this stuff in about 3 years. :oops2:
Screenshot_20221208-172821_Rayman_Jungle_Run.jpg
Screenshot_20221208-172821_Rayman_Jungle_Run.jpg (81.38 KiB) Viewed 5847 times
Interestingly it's not failing on the gallery like it usually does, it's actually failing on the data itself...
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
TDRR
Électoon

Post by TDRR »

So, to clarify, the games are entirely unplayable on Android 12, right?
I tried Jungle Run with the fix Steo posted (also making sure to copy the rest of the game data, not just the gallery stuff), but to no avail, the game still tries to download the game files. This is on an Android 12 device, so is it that, or a possible missed step on my end?
Jamstrams
Électoon

Post by Jamstrams »

After I install jungle run, what's next? It's same problem.
Lothar
Électoon

Post by Lothar »

The steps that SantaHeyy shared worked for me on my Pixel 6 android 13. I searched for hours trying to get the games I bought running. I had the same error message as Steo.

Fiesta Run:
I downloaded the game from the Google Play History.
The trick that worked for me was to open the app sometimes out of frustration. After I didn't open the app for a few days suddenly the download just started when I opened the app. Without any file management whatsoever. I didn't need SantaHeyy's solution.

Jungle Run:
Tried the same thing for this but it never started downloading the needed files, so I tried SantaHeyy's solution. Then also the download didn't start at first, but I tried a few times to start the app and after a few days it did eventually. I used SolidExplorer on my phone to create the file and then had to copy it with my windows computer into the right place.