Error installing Rayman Activity Centre.

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3455

Error installing Rayman Activity Centre.

Post by DavidSosa »

I was running Rayman´s Activity Centre installer in my windows 10 system, but the installer dont opens.
i tried configurating it with *run in windows xp service pack 2 compatibility mode* and it still don´t installs
please, how i install it, help
i hate myself
Rhinobake
Reine Ptizêtre
Tings: 4681

Re: Error installing Rayman Activity Centre.

Post by Rhinobake »

Oh man, I had trouble getting this one to start for months. Simply put, you can't play it on Windows 10, at all. You'll need to setup a virtual machine; I recommend VMWARE and Windows '95 OS, there's plenty of how-to guides on setting it up. Once you get that set up, and the virtual machine detects the image on the disc drive, you can install it just as you would on your standard computer. Let me know if you need any additional assistance.
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

I just tried the ISO of the French version, and strangely - it installed just fine, but wouldn't run (asks to insert CD even though the image is mounted). Maybe it's SafeDisc-protected?
Rhinobake
Reine Ptizêtre
Tings: 4681

Post by Rhinobake »

Does it give you a message in French roughly translating into "sound card not configured?" That was the error I received, and I fixed it by downloading what I believe is VMWARE Tools(it was many months ago, but I think this is the right program). Among other things, it fixes the sound as well the color on the virtual machine. If this isn't the issue you're having, or it simply doesn't work, let me know.