Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + discs

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + discs

Post by Adsolution »

I'm currently in the process of re-uploading everything to a new, better service, as this split-archive-clashing-with-MediaFire nonsense is a real pain. Expect direct-link downloads and no more split archives soon!

I've simply taken the installed files and split them up into multiple archives for download. These were installed on Windows XP 32-bit, and are tested and working on Windows Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.

For Rayman 2 install files, click here

For Rayman Arena, click here <- Sorry, no Rayman M, they're virtually the same thing though

For Rayman Arena discs, click here for disc one, and click here for disc two.

They're all on trusty MediaFire, so you don't have to worry about speed limits or waiting times.

Instructions (installed files):
  • Download all the archives for Rayman 2 and/or Arena
  • Download and install an archiver such as WinRAR, WinZip, or 7zip (if you haven't already)
  • Select all of either game's archives, right click, and click "Extract files..."
  • Choose the directory to place the game's installed folder containing the files (I would suggest C:/Program Files/Ubisoft)
  • Run the DX8 setup application in the install folder once, even if you already have Direct X installed
  • Play da game
  • [Optional] If the graphics are completely messed up in Rayman Arena, turn off the "Transform and Lighting" option in the DX8 setup
Instructions (discs):
  • Download all the archives for Rayman 2 and/or Arena
  • Download and install an archiver such as WinRAR, WinZip, or 7zip (if you haven't already)
  • Select all of either game's archives, right click, and click "Extract files..."
  • Choose the directory to place the game's installed folder containing the files
  • Download Daemon Tools, PowerISO, or any other programme that allows you to mount CD images onto virtual drives
  • Mount the discs as if putting them in the drive, it's 'virtually' the same thing.
I may have accidentally included a very old partially completed Rayman Arena saved game file, but it hardly has any progress.

NOTE: You still need the CD in the drive to play the game! If you're playing Rayman Arena, then you must have disc two inserted to play, assuming you've already installed the game or downloaded the installed files.

TIP: The installed files aren't necessary for download unless you've had trouble installing the game, which is a common problem for 64-bit users.
Last edited by Adsolution on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:19 am, edited 11 times in total.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Re: Trouble installing Rayman M/Arena or Rayman 2? Come here!

Post by Hoodcom »

Hey, Thanks for this. Finally a way to play Rayman 2 on my desktop computer!

Oh, and you can use 7zip too, it's a great program that handles any compressed methods. :)
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Re: Trouble installing Rayman M/Arena or Rayman 2? Come here!

Post by Adsolution »

You're welcome, have fun!

/updated
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Re: Can't install Rayman 2 or Rayman Arena? Come here!

Post by Droolie »

That's a very good idea, and now you've uploaded Rayman Arena, more people will get it (you can easily find a way to play it without any CD), which means more people will be able to play online via Hamachi.
It would be nice if we could hold tournaments or something. :)
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

I was thinking the same thing actually, but Rayman M didn't support LAN multiplayer?
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Nope, Rayman M doesn't have LAN multiplayer. Local (1 PC) only. That's why Rayman Arena is better IMO. Good job uploading it. ;)
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Drolpiraat wrote:Nope, Rayman M doesn't have LAN multiplayer. Local (1 PC) only. That's why Rayman Arena is better IMO. Good job uploading it. ;)
Ah, no problem then. Would it be possible to interface Hamichi with a separate self-coded 'lobby' for four players to join online publically?
TeensieKing
Carnivora
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing »

Awesome I love yah! I'm happy someone decided to help me! I can't believe I had to wait for so long since I posted it!
Well,thanks and I hope you continue to be so helpful!
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Drolpiraat wrote:That's a very good idea, and now you've uploaded Rayman Arena, more people will get it (you can easily find a way to play it without any CD), which means more people will be able to play online via Hamachi.
It would be nice if we could hold tournaments or something. :)
Exactly. I'll try to download RayFan's image of Arena to see if it works in my desktop computer. :) Thank you!
ripa9
Incrediball
Tings: 365

Post by ripa9 »

RayFan9876 wrote:<- Sorry, no Rayman M, they're virtually the same thing though
So does it work with the Rayman M disc or not?

Would be awesome to play it again. Rayman 2 on the 3DS is enough for me, so not going to download that one.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

I have a Rayman Arena disc somewhere... but I can't remember if the game ever installed on 64-bit or not. :?
TeensieKing
Carnivora
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing »

Hmm,it sayd I can't install the GXSetup because my computer lacks glide2x.dll
Ratonbat
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by Ratonbat »

I Can't install Rayman 2 cause when I extract the files, it'll say that some of them are incoomplete and/or corrupted... :/
Here's the errors it shows:

! C:\Users\Lenovo Batalla\Downloads\Rayman 2 The Great Escape.part2 (1).rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Rayman 2 The Great Escape\Data\World\Levels\Water_10\Water_10.sna
! C:\Users\Lenovo Batalla\Downloads\Rayman 2 The Great Escape.part2 (1).rar: CRC failed in Rayman 2 The Great Escape\Data\World\Levels\Water_20\Water_20.gpt. The file is corrupt
! C:\Users\Lenovo Batalla\Downloads\Rayman 2 The Great Escape.part2 (1).rar: Unexpected end of archive
! C:\Users\Lenovo Batalla\Downloads\Rayman 2 The Great Escape.part3 (1).rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Rayman 2 The Great Escape\Data\World\Sound\Na27.apm
! C:\Users\Lenovo Batalla\Downloads\Rayman 2 The Great Escape.part2.rar: The required volume is absent
! C:\Users\Lenovo Batalla\Downloads\Rayman 2 The Great Escape.part1.rar: CRC failed in Rayman 2 The Great Escape\Data\World\Levels\Water_10\Water_10.sna. The file is corrupt

Please help :(
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Try re-downloading it. The archives are fine.
Ratonbat
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by Ratonbat »

TeensieKing wrote:Hmm,it sayd I can't install the GXSetup because my computer lacks glide2x.dll
Ive downloaded again the files, and this time it work, the extraction of files was done successfully. Unluckily, I have the same problem as above, every time i try to run GXsetup, it'll say I must have glide2x.dll in my computer :(
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Hey everybody! I've uploaded the two Rayman Arena discs for anybody to use! :) The link is on the first post.

I'm going to see if I'm able to upload every single Rayman game I own like this, then we'll truly be known as the 'Pirate-Community!'
Ishai
Lums
Tings: 40

Re: Download Rayman 2 + Rayman Arena; installed files + discs

Post by Ishai »

I ain't working for me...
When I click the R_Arena.exe it opens but it's a black screen and bam "R_Arena.exe has stopped working"
This ALWAYS. HAPPENS.
I don't know what to do, but it's amazingly annoying. help please?
I tried it first with the CD files that are here, I mounted the CD files and it didn't work...Then I tried with a multi3 torrent but it didn't work eaither :cry:
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Ishai wrote:I ain't working for me...
When I click the R_Arena.exe it opens but it's a black screen and bam "R_Arena.exe has stopped working"
This ALWAYS. HAPPENS.
I don't know what to do, but it's amazingly annoying. help please?
I tried it first with the CD files that are here, I mounted the CD files and it didn't work...Then I tried with a multi3 torrent but it didn't work eaither :cry:
Have you tried toying around with the compatibility settings?
Or Right-click and Run as admin?
need my speed
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9865

Post by need my speed »

I can confirm Rayman Arena works with Windows 7 64-bit. However, I used a torrent, not this. But, I'm downloading this now, so...
Hello there! o/
need my speed
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9865

Post by need my speed »

Huh, Rayman Arena doesn't want to install for me; setup.exe does literally nothing...

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid, you not only gave the CD's but also the installed game itself. It seems to work so far, thank you!
Hello there! o/