Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Raymancollecter
Poisson Trident
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:37 pm
Location: Australia
Tings: 375

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Raymancollecter »

Hey Spanex, There are other mods for Origins out there that I think should be added to the list (Such as Captain America mod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K74udm_ymwI ) They all seem to have a superhero theme (And coincidently they are all made by the same guy) there's green lantern, a 'yellow' green lantern, wolverine, iron man and more!

Also, I'm no good at texture modding but I think someone with a bit of experience should make the 'can' mods from R3, like the lockjaw rayman etc... That would be freaking awesome!

PS. Love the Tarayzan mod guys! I always wanted him as a skin dlc!
Rayman 1 > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Origins > Rayman Legends
Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Spanex »

Hi there! Thanks for letting me know of these. I'll ask him whenever he's okay with it if I put them in the list.
Image
TFDS
Clark
Posts: 8909
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm
Tings: 123715

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by TFDS »

I played with Uglette mod a moskito level,but when she touched the moskito,she turned back in Red Globox.Same thing happened when I played with Ghost Globox :(
Drolpiraat wrote:*reads the script*

*finds out the truth about [naked Rayman]*

Image
Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14841
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Tings: 2295

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Rulez »

TFDs39 wrote:I played with Uglette mod a moskito level,but when she touched the moskito,she turned back in Red Globox.Same thing happened when I played with Ghost Globox :(
Perhaps the sprites for Uglette on a Moskito weren't finished yet/at all? That's kinda obvious.
Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Spanex »

That's odd, I don't believe they should be. Any other mods that show the same thing?
Image
TFDS
Clark
Posts: 8909
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm
Tings: 123715

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by TFDS »

Spanex wrote:That's odd, I don't believe they should be. Any other mods that show the same thing?
Nope.Only them.
Drolpiraat wrote:*reads the script*

*finds out the truth about [naked Rayman]*

Image
Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Spanex »

I've double checked and I've used all textures in said mods. So it's either an error on the game's side, or texmod's. (It's not a perfect program. It has glitched on Guild Wars before when I still played it)
Image
TFDS
Clark
Posts: 8909
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm
Tings: 123715

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by TFDS »

Spanex wrote:I've double checked and I've used all textures in said mods. So it's either an error on the game's side, or texmod's. (It's not a perfect program. It has glitched on Guild Wars before when I still played it)
Did you edited those textures:
Image
Image
?
Drolpiraat wrote:*reads the script*

*finds out the truth about [naked Rayman]*

Image
Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Spanex »

TFDs39 wrote:
Spanex wrote:I've double checked and I've used all textures in said mods. So it's either an error on the game's side, or texmod's. (It's not a perfect program. It has glitched on Guild Wars before when I still played it)
Did you edited those textures:
Image
Image
?
Hey wow, I never even came across these. Thanks for showing me them.It seems it's an error on my part after all! I'll get them fixed ASAP.
Image
Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14841
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Tings: 2295

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Rulez »

Told you.
Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Spanex »

Rulez wrote:Told you.
Don't you give me that kinda talk boy.

Okay, gonna try to fix this. Also this problem only occurs on Globox since he uses an extra texture for the moskito levels. I didn't realize this and that's why he's turning back to normal. I'll leave a note about that in the OP.

There are also textures of teensie heads from the front when they bow their heads, but I believe they are only used during multiplayer games (at the end of the level, to be precice, tell me if I'm wrong) so they can be ignored.

Edit: I've replaced the 'broken' mods with working ones, but in all the chaos of getting it done and doing other stuff I was deleting the old files and deleted Ice Rayman by accident! DOH! I wanted to download it back but the link expired. Sometimes I could just strangle myself... Any way to recover an accidentally deleted file, or something?
Image
TFDS
Clark
Posts: 8909
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm
Tings: 123715

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by TFDS »

Spanex wrote:
Rulez wrote:Told you.
Don't you give me that kinda talk boy.

Okay, gonna try to fix this. Also this problem only occurs on Globox since he uses an extra texture for the moskito levels. I didn't realize this and that's why he's turning back to normal. I'll leave a note about that in the OP.

There are also textures of teensie heads from the front when they bow their heads, but I believe they are only used during multiplayer games (at the end of the level, to be precice, tell me if I'm wrong) so they can be ignored.

Edit: I've replaced the 'broken' mods with working ones, but in all the chaos of getting it done and doing other stuff I was deleting the old files and deleted Ice Rayman by accident! DOH! I wanted to download it back but the link expired. Sometimes I could just strangle myself... Any way to recover an accidentally deleted file, or something?
Thank you Spanex :D
Drolpiraat wrote:*reads the script*

*finds out the truth about [naked Rayman]*

Image
Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Spanex »

Was able to recover the Ice Rayman mod thanks to its creator and fixed the link for its download.
Image
Squiz
Œil Rebondissant
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:22 pm
Tings: 47

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Squiz »

Do you now how can I modify the textures of Rayman 3 ?
Image
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by sergiomonty »

Squiz wrote:Do you now how can I modify the textures of Rayman 3 ?
wat
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~
Squiz
Œil Rebondissant
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:22 pm
Tings: 47

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Squiz »

I would like to find the textures of Rayman 3 characters, and modify them.
Image
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by sergiomonty »

Squiz wrote:I would like to find the textures of Rayman 3 characters, and modify them.
Err... okay. That's... good I guess.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~
Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Spanex »

As far as I know Texmod isn't compatible with Rayman 2/3.
Image
Squiz
Œil Rebondissant
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:22 pm
Tings: 47

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Squiz »

And is there any other solution to rip textures of Rayman 3 ?
Image
Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins & Texmod: bring YOUR creations to life!

Post by Spanex »

Well, there's 3D Ripper DX, but it won't do the same things as Texmod.
Image
Post Reply