Rayman Headcanons

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Re: Rayman Headcanons

Post by THEdragon »

Brad, is is just me or are you making a lot of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared references lately?
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I don't see what you mean.
(Yes, I've been referencing DHMIS. The songs have been stuck in my head lately.)
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Random musings on a sunny day: Olympia's green hair is natural, and she can use it to photosynthesise – this very special ability is the reason the "gods" chose her.

@Shrooblord: You seem to have done the impossible, very nicely done! :)
EDIT: What if, instead of a "bump on the head", it was Rayman and friends somehow hacking him to make him help them fight Rigatoni – a plan that didn't quite work out as expected…
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Lol they inadvertently caused his evilness, you mean? That'd be a pretty funny 'well, that backfired...' moment.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Bradandez wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:Here's my theory: Rayman M is a dream. You know, just like every other Rayman game.
That doesn't sound very creative.
Then it's surprising that in 14 years no one here's pointed out that the dream setting explains Rayman M's narrative perfectly.
rolesfamily
Uglette
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily »

Master wrote:Perhaps RM was a contest for ownership for the Glade, when Razor and his lackeys were horribly schooled, he decided to send 1000 to the smelting pool, divorced RazorWife, and went for conquering instead. The first victim of his aggression was TIly.
Woah I've never thought of Rayman M coming BEFORE

that's really an interesting though
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Rayman M was a simulation like the matrix.
This also explains the bonus-league race levels...
(Videogameception)
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

CHRdutch wrote:Rayman M was a simulation like the matrix.
There is actually a reference to the Matrix movies in the PC version of the game.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Haruka wrote:
CHRdutch wrote:Rayman M was a simulation like the matrix.
There is actually a reference to the Matrix movies in the PC version of the game.
Yeah, the loading screen from Future :3
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

My sincere apologies if I sound like I'm boasting about being proud of things, but I just love giving out little details I made up. So anyway.

For those who read/follow my fanfic comic, you see that Razorwife has no glasses and has a different hairstyle. (that girls/women have during the early 50's I believe) A few of you outside RPC have speculated that it's my fan redesign on her, but it's actually my depiction of her before she became ugly that we all know. And she also seems to be emotionally wrecked as shown in page 9 of I"I"V because she was reminded about her past when she still had her first and only born child that got killed off by a mysterious figure. And that she's a widow. (Her "mate" has disappeared several months later after their daughter's death)

So to put it in short: Razorwife had hair and no glasses during the events of Rayman 2. She was one of the 14 people who survived the explosion of the Buccaneer, but she was still inside the vessel where the explosion took place. Thus, her hair burned off and she's now bald and short-sighted that is likely caused by the after-effects of the explosion.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
lumgum
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10673

Post by lumgum »

Indy wrote:My sincere apologies if I sound like I'm boasting about being proud of things, but I just love giving out little details I made up. So anyway.

For those who read/follow my fanfic comic, you see that Razorwife has no glasses and has a different hairstyle. (that girls/women have during the early 50's I believe) A few of you outside RPC have speculated that it's my fan redesign on her, but it's actually my depiction of her before she became ugly that we all know. And she also seems to be emotionally wrecked as shown in page 9 of I"I"V because she was reminded about her past when she still had her first and only born child that got killed off by a mysterious figure. And that she's a widow. (Her "mate" has disappeared several months later after their daughter's death)

So to put it in short: Razorwife had hair and no glasses during the events of Rayman 2. She was one of the 14 people who survived the explosion of the Buccaneer, but she was still inside the vessel where the explosion took place. Thus, her hair burned off and she's now bald and short-sighted that is likely caused by the after-effects of the explosion.
Wow, that's deeper and darker than an abyss.

Anyway, headcanon: the reason why the Magician from Rayman 1 and the Magician (Ales Mansay) from Rayman Origins look so different is because they are part of a group of people who are all called "The Magician". Like the Nurse Joys from Pokemon, except not related and they don't all look the same.

Dark Rayman says hi! I'm also still in Candy Chateau!
My current rank is: Medieval Dragon! Perhaps some minty freshness will cool down that breath!
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

Sometimes I wonder what actually goes on in my cerebrum. :boon:
GrandKittymus
Moussu
Tings: 1210

Post by GrandKittymus »

I got one: Dark Globox is a mistake made not by Mr. Dark, but the Magician. Wanting to imitate what Mr. Dark did with Dark Rayman, The Magician attempted to recreate one of Rayman's companions instead of Rayman himself since he lacked the same magic potential Mr. Dark had. So he tried his closest companion, Globox. However, because Globox isn't really the brightest in the first place, and the Magician didn't have as nearly as much experience with magic as his idol, he ended up as a...walking disaster. The Magician attempted to train him to be the perfect minion, but he got a result far from that. So, he decided to let him roam wherever the heck he wants in the Glade and cause his own havoc. And this would either happen before or after Rayman Origins/Legends I'd think.

Welcome~. The Kitty is at your service today. The Teensies are currently not available to assist you so allow me to be your Substitute. What's that? A giant is looking to crush me? No~, of course that's not possible.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Dark Globox could also be a nightmare that Polokus had about Globox with a completely different personality, and poof! And there was Chocapic Dark Globox!
GrandKittymus
Moussu
Tings: 1210

Post by GrandKittymus »

Haruka wrote:Dark Globox could also be a nightmare that Polokus had about Globox with a completely different personality, and poof! And there was Chocapic Dark Globox!
Oh gosh. That sounds so great as well.

Welcome~. The Kitty is at your service today. The Teensies are currently not available to assist you so allow me to be your Substitute. What's that? A giant is looking to crush me? No~, of course that's not possible.
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

I'm reviving this thread!

Today someone on Tumblr was rambling about the Rayman TV series, and we all feel in a certain about how Ubisoft treated Razorbeard in the pilot episode, but here's what I think.
The reason they degraded him is because him being short-tempered and aggressive wouldn't fit anywhere. Not to mention, he yelled at Spyglass, threatening him.
But I could be wrong, because DOLAN.

(What I'm saying is: I might be wrong, because Donald Duck has a temper, and he's not off the air or unneededly redeemed for his character. I still don't know why Ubisoft did that to Razor though.)
THEdragon
Clark

Post by THEdragon »

While I would necessarily call this my headcanon, it's certainly a headcanon-ish idea I've had about the inconsistencies in Rayman's backstory, and the canon in general. I present to you... Reincarnation and incredibly long periods of time! Yaaaay!

Okay, so we start with the first Rayman. My fave. He is either born naturally or created by Betilla the fairy (though her introduction to him in the Pink Plant Woods would suggest the former) and lives out his life among the other limbless, with the events of Rayman 1 and its educational spin-offs included. Then he eventually dies, either in some heroic way or by natural causes, who knows.

Cut to some obscene number of years later, and on the shore of the Glade of Dreams, who should wash up but dear little Rayman the second. Except no-one knows who the heck he is, what the heck he is, or where the heck he came from. Even Rayman himself doesn't realise he's the reincarnation of a hero from far back in history. How exactly he was reincarnated is unknown too. At this point the limbless have either died out, dwindled into obscurity, or live in such isolation that their existence is unknown to anyone else.

Now, as far as Rayman 3 goes, I don't really know if this Rayman would be the same one as in Rayman 2 or another reincarnation. With Murfy and Globox still being around it'd make sense that he's the same one, unless he died and was reincarnated again in Murfy and Globox's lifetime. Someone I chatted to in the IRC (Buildersith if I recall correctly?) also brought up the idea that each globox between each game is actually a descendent of the last, taking his place while Rayman sleeps for decades at a time. Getting back to Rayman, if he was indeed another reincarnation at this point, that could account for his rather noticeable change in appearance (I mean fair enough you don't have to be killed and reborn to change your hair and outfit but still...). This Rayman was purposefully crafted with the intention of reincarnating the previous, and he lives out through the events of Rayman 3 and the Rabbids games, before presumably ending similarly to the first Rayman.

I was going to write the part about Origins/Legends (Basically a long time later Betilla the nymph and her sisters tried to create a warrior but screwed it up and accidentally reincarnated Rayman again) but the more I write, the dumber this all starts to sound. It was falling flat on its face, really. :lol: I suppose it'd do as an AU timeline though?
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I really like this. Also yeah Rayman's creation explained in Origins and how he was found in R2 do not seem to have any connection. Also Glade always seem to look different in each game so reincarnation theory is nice.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I don't like the idea of all the Princesses being sisters. I could handle with them being cousins. But all of them being sisters? No way. They look way radically different from each other in terms of clothing and skin color.

Also, I'd like to think the gothic versions of the princesses (Elysia, Twila, Selena, Emma, and Sylbia) don't exist. They're way too bland for my taste. So yeah, they're just an edgy phase of each existing princess.
THEdragon
Clark

Post by THEdragon »

Bradandez wrote:Also, I'd like to think the gothic versions of the princesses (Elysia, Twila, Selena, Emma, and Sylbia) don't exist. They're way too bland for my taste. So yeah, they're just an edgy phase of each existing princess.
"It's not a phase, Mom, it's who I am!"