Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros. - VOTE Rayman

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Re: Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros. - VOTE Rayman

Post by OCG »

Rayman Legends is not Wii U exclusive in Japan. PS Vita was also released in Japan.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

OldClassicGamer wrote:Rayman Legends is not Wii U exclusive in Japan. PS Vita was also released in Japan.
Oh sorry, I missed that, the PS Vita version came in 2014 in Japan I think..

Why do you think the Rayman Trophies appear in Smash?
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Haven't custom moves recently been added to tournament-legal battles?

I like the ideas proposed by the attack sheet Jaster posted on the last page. Got some interesting choices there.

EDIT:
Like the Purple Lum, the Lockjaw and Walking Shell powers seem versatile and interesting to battle with.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

Jaster wrote:And well, you know the Rayman trophy was presented in Miiverse the same day that we were going to see the New Characters' trailer, so Sakurai trolled us, but why did he put The Rayman Trophy the same day that the trailer with new characters?
You are overdoing what could be mere coincidence...Ubisoft and Nintendo have had a few issues about Rayman being in Smash because of all the ports for Legends, which was meant to be a Wii U exclusive.
Jaster wrote:Why do you think the Rayman Trophies appear in Smash?
Because the character has been a bit present on Nintendo's consoles in the past few years (whether it be with RO an RL or with the Rabbids series). Why wouldn't they put him as a trophy when he did well in his last appearances on Wii and Wii U?

It's nice to see that he's one of the most (if not the most) asked third-party character for a DLC in Smash. But concluding that every single action of Nintendo related both to Rayman and Smash is all-planned is a bit too much. Nothing's done yet. As long as the DLC with Rayman in it is not announced and released, better not get too hyped.

At PAX Prime 2014 I was able to test a Bioware game called "Shadow Realms" in its beta version. A few months later, it got cancelled. Hype is good. But overdo it and you are going to be VERY disappointed if it finally doesn't happen...
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Jaster
Barbara

Post by Jaster »

Oh sorry if you understood that for what I meant, I'm not sure he is going to be playable in smash, I support him of course. But you know, appart from Rayman, various characters have been present on Nintendo's consoles in the past few years and haven't been in Smash trophies but Rayman is in it. Nintendo have the rights of Rayman for being in smash (or at least, enough rights to be in the game as a trophy), not like other characters, Rayman wouldn't need lots of discussions and all that to obatin the rights to be in the game, also Ubisoft want him in the game, it depends of Sakurai (and Nintendo?)

All we can do is wait for the poll results (Maybe at the end of the year we'll see the results? I don't know)

I said that about the trophy because he shared the pic in the same day that new characters were going to be revealed, and Sakurai didn't show us other third party trophies (characters that doesn't have any related thing in the game) before the Rayman pic. Could it be a mere coincidence? Of course, but I know Sakurai enough to know that he trolled us.

Regards :).
GrandKittymus
Moussu
Tings: 1210

Post by GrandKittymus »

Perhaps Sakurai wanted to see the reactions of the many fans after he posted that picture of the Rayman trophy because he already has the idea of putting Rayman in as DLC as a possibility...It's a wild guess but that's what I assume.

Welcome~. The Kitty is at your service today. The Teensies are currently not available to assist you so allow me to be your Substitute. What's that? A giant is looking to crush me? No~, of course that's not possible.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

So Sakurai will have a small Smash Direct this Sunday. More DLC announced? Hopefully Rayman announced? Maybe.
Jaster
Barbara

Post by Jaster »

Bradandez wrote:So Sakurai will have a small Smash Direct this Sunday. More DLC announced? Hopefully Rayman announced? Maybe.
I hope so :lol:.

Btw, nice avi.
JamesDNaux
Bébé Globox
Tings: 615

Post by JamesDNaux »

Expecting Ryu and/or Roy, hoping Snake sneaks in somehow. Doubt Rayman unless Ubisoft has really been trying to get him in this whole time.

The Rayman Twitter has been a bit shifty lately though, so fingers crossed.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Our boy Roy is back:

Oh wait, there is another one:

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Woah Ryu!

And Roy... eugh...
Raymanni
Carnivora
Tings: 12835

Post by Raymanni »

Roy, Ryu, Rey, Riö, but where's Ray. I hope Roy won't be another Marth with just flame effects like in melee.
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

I don't like a lot Roy ..
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
Jaster
Barbara

Post by Jaster »

The fact that there's a 3rd Party DLC character, and a character from the same company nonetheless (although SF is owned by Capcom USA, so it's a different branch) is a enough of a reason to believe that other 3rd Parties have a chance. So Rayman still has a chance.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

It is also important to say that these characters are DLC that is unrelated to ballot (since they were not the top 2 most voted) so that means even more characters will come :D

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

Jaster wrote:The fact that there's a 3rd Party DLC character, and a character from the same company nonetheless (although SF is owned by Capcom USA, so it's a different branch) is a enough of a reason to believe that other 3rd Parties have a chance. So Rayman still has a chance.
I'm glad to see that Rayman has still a chance. I hope Rayman will be a DLC character ..
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
Jaster
Barbara

Post by Jaster »

Harpic fraîcheur wrote:
Jaster wrote:The fact that there's a 3rd Party DLC character, and a character from the same company nonetheless (although SF is owned by Capcom USA, so it's a different branch) is a enough of a reason to believe that other 3rd Parties have a chance. So Rayman still has a chance.
I'm glad to see that Rayman has still a chance. I hope Rayman will be a DLC character ..
I hope so, and as OCG said, these aren't the winners of the ballot because the ballot ends in 03/10/2015, and these characters are going to be added to the game in the update of tomorrow.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

I don't know about you guys, but I have a good feeling Rayman might get in Smash. Not certain not soon, but I see a chance.
Jaster
Barbara

Post by Jaster »

I have a feeling that Sakurai has a surprise for the Digital Event / Treehouse. He knew about the Ryu/Roy leaks, and you know that the past 2 E3's there were presented 3 characters, so this E3 "maybe" we'll get a new character.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Roy! Hooray!
</sarcasm>
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness