E3 2015

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Whose conference did you enjoy most?

Bethesda
17%
Microsoft
8%
EA
No votes
UbiSoft
No votes
Sony
50%
Nintendo
17%
Square Enix
8%
PC Gaming
No votes

Total votes: 12

Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Re: E3 2015

Post by Rayfist »

I don't even care if they do another anniversary collection/rehash for Rayman. We're being shown hardly any love.
They can 'talk' all they want, but I'm not seeing anything to show any form of caring. What a missed opportunity.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

OCG wrote:
Haruka wrote:Why they don't simply avoid buying the game?
Because petitions always work :fou2:
Only in their heads. :roll:
Bzzit wrote: Sweet! Alongside Rayman, It's Worms 20th anniversary this year, so they are releasing Worms World party HD on Steam. Wish the same was happening for Rayman 1 too!!!
Holy cow, it goes to my Steam wishlist, definitely!
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Ubi's treatment for Ray is a bit vague - no anniversary celebration, no new game announcement, but he's not abandoned either. Personally I'm still expecting a 3D platformer take on RL to appear at some point in time, but I'm not sure if maybe the best has already been squeezed out of the wackier style.

And if they are planning something big, please let them be innovative and try to turn it into more than just "Rayman Legends but with different gameplay" - actual story elements, cutscenes, more fleshed out environments, a new character or two, etc. And if we lived in a really Utopian society, I couldn't ask for more than Ubi taking a peek at Ori & The Blind Forest and realising how absolutely breathtakingly cool it is to allow some emphasis on the atmosphere and magic of the world.

The new DK games are the kind of balance between wacky and serious I'd like to see in Rayman if it's gonna stick with what RO established.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hmm, some are mentioning Gamescom, though I'm not expecting anything.

Anyways, E3's over. So, whose conference took your folks' fancy?
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I can't give an opinion since I only watched Ubisoft's and Nintendo's and both were disappointing.
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

Both Sony and Microsoft for me. Microsofts quality was more consistent than Sonys and a big improvement over their previous conferences but Sony revealed the better games that appealed to me (FF7, Horizon).
Rayman is the best man
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Sony and Square Enix both revealed a lot of games that appealed to me (my taste almost entirely consists of JRPGs though, so I guess that's normal).
Microsoft's only good announcement was the backward compatibility, but it seems they're not planning to support that many games. It doesn't matter to me either way, I have a 360 and won't be getting an Xbone unless they start giving them away for free.
Nintendo and Ubisoft's conferences were disappointing, and I didn't watch EA because... well, who watches EA. :P
Master wrote:Hmm, some are mentioning Gamescom, though I'm not expecting anything.
Neither am I, but I would love it if there was something at Gamescom this year, since I'll be going there on day 2! :D
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

It's just Final Fucking Fantasy VII man, that alone is what made me think Sony's was the best.
That and Square. Sure, Square's presentation was mostly pre-rendered graphics, that isn't to say the games they're delivering aren't gonna be fucking incredible.

Anyways, now that Shenmue 3 is confirmed, I wonder if 1 and 2 will be given HD remakes? If not, I'll just have to emulate.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Sega still owns rights to first two Shenmue games so they decide if HD remakes exist or not. Given the kickstarter capmaign, they would be crazy not to remake Shenmue 1 and 2. Emulating them for now is not bad idea. Shenmue 1 recently god Undub version so you can enjoy quality voice acting on Emulator and Shenmue 2 PAL version already has Japanese voices by deafult. Shenmue 2 was not released on Dreamcast in USA btw. Xbox version is but many consider Dreamcast one better. I have Xbox version and I happen to own Undubbed version of it (funny how undub was created since Xbox version was not released in Japan so voice files from Dreamcast version were used). After I am done with Yakuza (another amazing franchise by Sega) I will emulate Shenmue 1.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

Drolpiraat wrote:and I didn't watch EA because... well, who watches EA. :P
Me, because BioWare and new Mass Effect trailer.
Betch...

Square Enix the best: diversity, quality, quantity...of course most games didn't have IG footage, but *insert Ubisoft conference: Tom Clancy, AC, racing games...done*.
And I don't talk about Nintendo (oh, yeah, a new Mario Tennis! and Hyrule Warriors! and...okay that wasn't really surprising).
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

To be entirely honest, I'm pretty sure most people would have been decently satisfied with this E3 if they simply didn't announce Yoshi and Zelda U until then.
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

It's simply the fact Nintendo is REALLY missing so many great opportunities.
F-Zero, Metroid, even a knew 3D Donkey Kong would've been really fucking awesome.

...That being said, I think we all need to chill now. All companies have had their fair share of awful E3's, and unfortunately, Nintendo took the hit this time.
I'm not trying to sound fanboyish, really. Nintendo's E3 was indeed bad, all I'm saying is, is that it's pretty common for one of the big 3 companies to have a very poor press conference. It's more rare for Nintendo than the others, but it's no secret Nintendo's had awful E3's in the past.

I'm gonna be a little optimistic here and look forward to future Nintendo directs.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Hopefully this E3 + them adding another year since the most recent titles in some series'll make next year pretty satisfying. I'm deeming it nearly impossible for there to not be a new Animal Crossing next year, and that's really 75% the reason I was looking forward to this year's direct anyway.
abhinav
Reflux
Tings: 8067

Post by abhinav »

Was expecting to see more info on Zelda U despite their plan of skipping it. Instead, we get spin offs for Zelda (why does Link get to wear Zelda's dress?) and Metroid Prime (which had fans immediately start petitioning for its cancellation). Nice to see more of Star Fox, X and Super Mario Maker.

Other shows seemed pretty solid. Excited to see the new Doom, Fallout, Gears 4, Yookalaylee, The Last Guardian and more. The FF7 remake is probably another reason for me to start saving up for a PS4...

All I can say is for now, I'm looking forward to playing Rise of Tomb Raider and Phantom Pain on my 360.
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Did no one remember that Nintendo stated they weren't going to have anything Zelda U at E3 this year?
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

I remember, I just don't understand why.

They were willing to show us alpha footage, but they're too afraid to show us any more new progress at E3? It's strange to me.
Look at all the Zelda games we've end up getting as sort of an 'apology' for the long wait for Zelda U. First we got Windwaker HD announced on the direct, later they announced Hyrule Warriors for Wii U, Link Between Worlds, Majoras Mask 3D, Triforce Heroes, and Hyrule Warriors on 3DS.
Man, this really is a great generation of Nintendo to be a Zelda fan.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Bradandez wrote:Did no one remember that Nintendo stated they weren't going to have anything Zelda U at E3 this year?
I remember! The north remembers!
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Do fans not consider handheld Zelda's as main titles? Link Between Worlds isn't something like a 3D, home console game, but I'd definitely place it higher than a mere "until the real thing" game.

I really, really Zelda is worth the wait though, because even as someone who's played like two or three Zelda games, Skyward Sword was just a bugger.
Admittedly though, I'm still kinda upset they didn't reintroduce the Twilight Princess visuals, that video to show off the Wii U's graphical capabilities is the sexiest Zelda has ever looked.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

I suppose Link Between Worlds could be counted as a real entry, but the game was very short. There's no doubting Zelda U was still in development during the release and I still really look at the game as a means of something to keep us waiting for Zelda U. Excellent game but Hyrule lacked a bit of personality in my opinion, otherwise the game really is a solid 9/10.

Yes, Skyward Sword is a massive disappointment. Skyward Sword really doesn't encourage exploration either. It's such a shame honestly. Twilight Princess to me is just underrated as hell, it doesn't get the love it deserves.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Raypist wrote:They were willing to show us alpha footage, but they're too afraid to show us any more new progress at E3? It's strange to me.
Look at all the Zelda games we've end up getting as sort of an 'apology' for the long wait for Zelda U. First we got Windwaker HD announced on the direct, later they announced Hyrule Warriors for Wii U, Link Between Worlds, Majoras Mask 3D, Triforce Heroes, and Hyrule Warriors on 3DS.
Man, this really is a great generation of Nintendo to be a Zelda fan.
Windwaker HD: Loved it
Hyrule Warriors: Not my cup of tea
Link Between Worlds: Loved it
Majoras Mask 3D: Loved it
Triforce Heroes: Looks pretty cool
Hyrule Warriors 3DS: Not my cup of tea

So, actually, in my personal opionion... It's not too bad to be a Zelda fan
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur: