Rayman Adventures

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Bionichute
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 12145

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bionichute »

Rayfist wrote:>Complains that we're wrong about Adventures having Microtransactions
>Disproved by Drol
>changes subject

Thanks Bionichute.
I was proven wrong. I had no idea there was even an official site, or someone saying that it was. Not a big deal.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

incognito wrote:Gah and why not Barbara origins, or Barbara Legends or even Barbara raving Barbaras.

It is.like Rabbids.
You're like Rabbids. Barbara is actually a good addition to the Rayman series.
Hoozang
Matuvu
Tings: 240

Post by Hoozang »

It's pretty weird how this thread has evolved into some sort of pacifical flamewar.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Technically a cold war.

But I had a theory about the addition of the princesses in Rayman, the name of Michel Ancel's wife is Alexandra, so maybe it is why the princesses s'names was all finishing whith the "a" letter.
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Hey guys, September is still a few months from now! Let's all be surprised! (I hope)
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Hoozang
Matuvu

Post by Hoozang »

incognito wrote:Technically a cold war.

But I had a theory about the addition of the princesses in Rayman, the name of Michel Ancel's wife is Alexandra, so maybe it is why the princesses s'names was all finishing whith the "a" letter.
Huh...what an interesting theory! Never really thought and would have never think about it..
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I just learnt about this now. What I have to say after having watched the trailer is that the L'Histoire de Rayman had mentioned that Ubi was interested in continue to explore more Rayman games on the mobile platform so I'm not 100% caught of guard, however if this was Ubi's plans for the 20th anniversary I am a tad disappointed about it. Not that I dislike the game but I was expecting something different. I am happy though to see a new Rayman game for Autumn, at least I'll be ensured to get entertained at school breaks.

There's only one thing that concerns me. I don't want to sound picky but I hope that Rayman's design in that game is temporary, done in purpose for this game. It seems to be inspired in the scrapped Rayman 4 design that appears in the L'Histoire de Rayman.

Well, prognostics, only after the release of the game.
Bionichute
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 12145

Post by Bionichute »

Haruka wrote:There's only one thing that concerns me. I don't want to sound picky but I hope that Rayman's design in that game is temporary, done in purpose for this game.
It probably is. The general plot seems to be that Rayman and Barbara join up with a pirate in order to save the Enchanted Forest. So, Rayman's dressed like a pirate.
Hoozang
Matuvu

Post by Hoozang »

Hmm, I just watched the trailer again and doesn't seem very Rayman 4ish. Might just be me tho.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

@Bionichute Yes, I want to believe it is only to match the adventure atmosphere. I like the design but I think it would be a crime to replace forever the iconic purple shirt with the white circle. It would be like Super Mario without his cap.
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

Haruka wrote:@Bionichute Yes, I want to believe it is only to match the adventure atmosphere. I like the design but I think it would be a crime to replace forever the iconic purple shirt with the white circle. It would be like Super Mario without his cap.
Yes, I agree with you, I think that changing his design permanently is a "suicide", it must be for the "pirate" atmosphere, I don't know what I'd say if they replace Rayman's design with the one in Rayman Adventures, one thing that bothered me about this game was that he hasn't his original design with the O symbol on his torso, which is like, as you said, Super Mario's Cap.
Last edited by Jaster on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Mario ! It's new super mario world, everything's different ! This water in the sky, and these blocks everywhere ! Yoshi coins !
Raven_Guardian
Moussu
Tings: 1035

Post by Raven_Guardian »

So Now Barbara is as divisive as Rosalina from Mario.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

If anyone else is going to slanderize Barbara, I will report you to a mod and have you banned.
Eshap
Barbara
Tings: 10182

Post by Eshap »

Giving it some thought, I don't think I have too big of a problem with Rayman's design... For me, the things that make Rayman who he is are his lack of limbs, giant nosey nose and his helicopter hair- outfit is less important. His new clothes make him look like a young rapscallion explorer, which I think fits him pretty well- at least in Origins/Legends/Adventures.

If it became his permanent outfit, I wouldn't be against it.
Rayfist wrote:It's r34 artwork. Haha Jesus christ Eshap.
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

Barbara is low tier waifu. Come get me.
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Bradandez wrote:If anyone else is going to slanderize Barbara, I will report you to a mod and have you banned.
Barbara is overly normal and should not be in any Rayman game. Fuck Barbara.
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

Raven_Guardian wrote:So Now Barbara is as divisive as Rosalina from Mario.
Barbara: 2 games.
Rosalina: 10 games.

Yes, the same.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

So, from what I can tell from that Ancel interview, he does not see a future for Rayman on consoles, believing that only the mobile game market has a place for the franchise.

I am trying so, so hard not to be negative here, but that sounds downright apocalyptic for the series.
Imco wrote: Barbara is overly normal and should not be in any Rayman game.
"Overly normal"! For far too long I've been trying to put my dislike of that character into words, and you've done it. Thank you!
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

And one of my scenarios when I compared Origins and Legends with Crash of The Titans and Mind Over Mutant came true...
Both RO, RL and COTT and MOM have one thing in common. They both were different from the game that came before them, both are released in similar time period and after that all we had was a mobile game...
After MOM, Crash Nitro Kart 2 was released on iPhone and now we have same case with Rayman. I somehow felt right after Legends was released that this is possible but I tried to stay positive. Well, this right here proved me wrong and I accepted the fate of Rayman already. The Rayman we knew and love is gone. More gone this time than previous time when Rabbids took over. From now on, Rayman will be stuck as a mobile franchise.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image