Cartoon Shows

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Re: Cartoon Shows

Post by saerleiya »

After a few talks with my littlest bro' over the past few weeks, we questioned ourselves abotu which cartoon shows we remembered the most and we tried to figure out what happened to them.

I guess some of you guys probably know Samurai Jack. It was released in the early 2000's on Cartoon Network and had a great success. We used to watch it ASAP when we had a chance fifteen years ago:

What do you think about it? (and stuff like Dexter's Lab)

Another one you might not know. It's a series of 26 episodes called Malo Korrigan. There was only one season due to it not being popular enough at the time, but I can't find a lot of flaws in it to say it wasn't good (it was actually great at that time, as it was released in 1999). I wish there were other seasons, sadly.

Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Incoming GF stuff, spoilers ahead...

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

I cant believe its been since March since a new episode aired. The next one after this airs "August 3, 2015" UGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Hmm, in a rather amusing twist of irony, The Author's going to be voiced by J K Simmons, the fella who also voiced...Tenzin, from the Legend of Korra.
DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

He reminds me of Combustible Lemons :o
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I can't wait for the 13th! New episode of Gravity Falls is gonna be so good! Also, the Gravity Falls panel at San Diego Comic Con takes place today (my birthday)

EDIT:
Holy fuck! There's a Gravity Falls game coming to the 3DS! And not only is it a platformer, it's built on the UbiArt engine! This is so awesome! Here's the trailer!\
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Is it bad that I'm more excited for this than Rayman Adventures? Hopefully it's not going to be painfully short like Stick of Truth kinda was.

Also hnnng keep me away from Wander spoilers I can't take it!
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Ubi of all publishers doing Gravity Falls? Hmm, not quite sure what to make of that.
GNineify
Bégoniax
Tings: 38675

Post by GNineify »

Alex Hirsch is involved in the script and overall design of the game, which is a very good sign. And next month, there will be TWO new Gravity Falls episodes!

Also, Adventure Time's (I DON'T CARE IF I'M THE ONLY ONE WATCHING IT SHUT UP) writers have just finished the last episode of season 7. It is said to be a tad more lighthearted and humorous than season 6, which I found to be a little too cryptic at times. But season six did get better towards the end and had a very good, thought provoking finale. I could talk about it all day, but let's not spoil it to anyone. Also, the upcoming stop motion episode looks so cute omfg

And at the same day the new GF episode airs, Steven Bomb 3 begins. I will most likely wake up to screaming and burning buildings on July 14th. Oh well. Who is this Sardonyx!?

"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!
Itooh
Carmen
Location: Perdu, quelque part dans le Grand Raccourci... >< Help !
Tings: 41812

Post by Itooh »

The teaser for that stop-motion episode is indeed pretty awesome! :D I should definitely check out the other works of Kirsten Lepore.
Also, musics by Disasterpeace! Although from what we can hear, it's close to the show's soundtrack identity, which is already excellent (is there any album of those background musics?). But hey, it's still a great composer. :3

It definitely reminded me to catch up on AT. I've stopped at the middle of season 5, but even if I'm not enjoying it as much as the firsts seasons, it's still great.
Too much cartoons to watch, I guess. :lol: (still haven't seen any Steven Universe's S2 episode OMG ><)

In completely unrelated news, I've started World of Gumball. The mix of several style and type of animation is weird, but so far I like it. It achieves to be a little strange, original, and funny. Even if for now, it sometimes falls too much in the Cartoon Network kind of humor. That's not bad in itself, but not really needed here.
Your eyes are not ready for this, and your brain not prepared for that.
You should probably instead play some of these, or watch some of those.
*drops the mic* (just kidding, mics are expensive)
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Hmm, season 6 of AT didn't really hit the spot like its predecessors for me, I can't really put my finger on why, but it just didn't give the same vibes. Weird too, given how they ended up giving quite a few reveals and dynamic changes.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Heads up, the Gravity Falls game is set to release on November 3, 2015 and it's going for only $30! So even if the game is bad, it's not a big hole in your pocket and it'll be nice for fans of the show to have. I'm still so excited to know that my favorite cartoon is getting a game made with an engine that made two of my favorite games of all-time!

And in other cartoon news, Wander Over Yander Season 2 is premiering on August 3rd 9 PM PST! And that's not all, here's the San Diego Comic Con trailer! Season 2 is looking really good!
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

I'm currently watching Regular Show.
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

New Gravity Falls episode tonight! Who's hyped!?!
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

I am! It'll be the first thing to watch tomorrow afternoon :)
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I won't be able to catch it for about another 15 hours, please use the transparency tags if you end up talking about it.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

I'm on the same boat. I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow! So please no visible spoilers!
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Well, got round to Gravity Falls and Steven Universe...it seems tragedy is mutual.
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

I saw Gravity Falls...
I must say it was quite a shock to see Mabel die like that!
And who'd have thought Stan got trapped in some kind of underground lair. This series is going places...
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Oh my God, that episode was amazing! Gravity Falls never fails to entertain, shock, and thrill me!