Cartoon Shows

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Re: Cartoon Shows

Post by Dart »

Bradandez wrote:Personally I found Steven Universe absolutely 100% boring. I watched 8 episodes of it and it did not entertain me at all. I wasn't invested in its plots, I don't like the art style, and the jokes aren't even funny. This is Adventure Time 2.0.
I'd make the arguement that that the first 3 seasons were amazing, but I think we've already stated our opinions on D'N'D based stories.
Bradandez wrote: Recent cartoons have made me a fan of them from the first episode; said cartoons are Regular Show, Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Rick & Morty, Over the Garden Wall, and Star VS the Forces of Evil. If a cartoon can't get me invested by its first episode, it has already flopped.
I'd have to agree; if a cartoon can't rope you in by the first couple episodes, its failed. However it could be that, in Steven Universes case, the content was intentionally made for a select audience, even if it's very successful.
GNineify
Bégoniax
Tings: 38675

Post by GNineify »

*snob mode* Pssh, you just don't get it, you uncultured swines. *sips wine while classical music plays* Psh psh. Steven Universe and Adventure Time are the absolute finest wines there are!

But anyways, the hauntingly beautiful soundtrack of Over the Garden Wall, both songs and background music in HQ, has been released. Give 'em a listen here.
"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Ehh, this Gravity Falls ep was decent, but it wasn't my cuppa. I'm kinda nervous that we're taking another hiatus, we know what the next episode is, but there's no airdate.
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

So I just watched both the new Gravity Falls and Steven Universe.

I'm not going to lie here... I didn't like the Gravity Falls episode very much. [Compared to other episodes, it just felt quite... bland? The concept was half baked, the episode wasn't very thought through and it just didn't feel like a Gravity Falls episode...]

Steven Universe on the other hand... [I really liked the episode! I loved how Connie finally stood up to at least one of her parents. I agree, there wasn't much gem action going on, but it was still a tidy episode, especially because lion was in it.]
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Teensie&Stenopelix
Lums Jaune
Tings: 160

Post by Teensie&Stenopelix »

Ah, as for current-ish shows (never mind all those many other shows i grew up with, eh ill mention them later) the newest steven universe episode was a-okay! Lol at lil' (smol) Peridot! And gravity falls, mmmm, superb show! I do wonder who Bill will possess next. Altho i do wish the designs of gravity falls were less (alot less) Regular Show-ish, with the round together-eyes and all. So Toffee from Star vs. the Forces of Evil is shaping up to be some villian eh. And Pig Goat Banana Cricket's artstyle, its, its somethin...

But the number one show im pretty invested right now is Total Drama presents: the Redonculous Race!!!!! The contestant amount has more than beefed in by more than a double than the previous season! (Patikiew Island) that already I liked alot about this newest season, and nice to have 3 of the 1st generation cast, Noah, Owen and Geoff! And nice to see that wizard Leonard (3rd generation, from the previous season) interact with big, lovable, (and gassy like always!) Owen! Tho at this point, halfway thru the season, half of the teams are now gone, and it sucks that the Stepbrothers have been eliminated! And Noah having a crush on this Emma, lets see how this goes after today's episode!
MLII
Carmen
Tings: 43075

Post by MLII »

i loved the new su omfg. i mean i might be biast because PERIDOT but i just thought it was sweet tbh.

i'm excited for when it rains!!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Ah yes, you might have the change your siggy to Angry Pie now, hehe. But seriously, I do wonder how this thread will turn out, I know she's appearing in When it Rains, and it seems that the focus is on her in that episode.
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

Teensie&Stenopelix wrote:Total Drama
That thing still exists? :?
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Man, I don't what you guys are talking about, the newest GF was great. I enjoyed it a lot.

And Star VS the Forces of Evil's season finale was great! If only someone here watched it besides me.
Eren
El Stomacho

Post by Eren »

Bradandez wrote:Man, I don't what you guys are talking about, the newest GF was great. I enjoyed it a lot.

And Star VS the Forces of Evil's season finale was great! If only someone here watched it besides me.
I do! i must admit that SvTFoE is really good. :)
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
GNineify
Bégoniax
Tings: 38675

Post by GNineify »

The newest GF didn't have two apocalypses and the most mindblowing revelations about Bill Cipher, therefore a bad episode!! Nah JK gotta have a breather every now and then until Alex Hirsch rips our hearts out again and eats them raw. He's wacky like that.

The newest SU on the other hand kinda felt like a massive event dump but man, [Peridemption is totally happening and I couldn't be happier.]
"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!
Hoozang
Matuvu
Tings: 240

Post by Hoozang »

DAMMET STOP WITH THE CLOSED CAPTIONS okaaay? okaaay

So there's an Angry Birds Movie in production. Thanks Amurica! And they have...legs and arms now. WEEEEEEE not much to do with Cartoons but 'tis is animated so I guess it may count?
Eren
El Stomacho

Post by Eren »

Hoozang wrote:DAMMET STOP WITH THE CLOSED CAPTIONS okaaay? okaaay

So there's an Angry Birds Movie in production. Thanks Amurica! And they have...legs and arms now. WEEEEEEE not much to do with Cartoons but 'tis is animated so I guess it may count?
W-What?
*checks google*
God is dead
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

for those that haven't yet seen it, here's a link:

Personally I'm not looking forward to it at all. I'll admit that from a graphical standpoint it's amazing, but the humor is rather unamusing and predictable for my taste; not to mention that it feels like the makers of the movie seem to think that the movie can be good through sheer meme power, which in my opinion was what made Minions so bland.
Acarr
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Acarr »

Fuck watching that. tbh I'm impressed how far a free app has got, but this is too far. I watched it out of curiosity and to be fair, most of the trailer wasn't funny so it looks like it's one of those films where all the best parts are in the trailer and the film is therefore awful.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I dunno what to say about, from the trailer it looks okay/somewhat decent. I found the Minions to be an enjoyable, decent flick, so who knows how this will turn out.
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

I think the main issue I find with it is that Angry Birds as a franchise is pretty irrelevant now. Still going strong yeah I suppose but this movie would've seen a lot more hype in the time before Candy Crush saga and actual other good apps have made as much success. The trailer was...expected, as in something you'd expect to see from an app with so little plot if one so dared to call it a plot.

( P.S. In before Candy Crush movie jokes)
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Eren
El Stomacho

Post by Eren »

Now that i think about it, i remember a pic was shared on facebook a long time ago and people called it angry birds boom :lol:
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Hoozang
Matuvu
Tings: 240

Post by Hoozang »

[quote="Bradandez"]Man, I don't what you guys are talking about, the newest GF was great. I enjoyed it a lot.

And Star VS the Forces of Evil's season finale was great! If only someone here watched it besides me.[/quote]

Hey you dweeb I watch it too! Yeah, it's a pretty nice show in my opinion. At least not another new live-action cortesy from Disney. God I hate live-actions.
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

HAHAHA YOUR QUOTE IS BROKEN
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur: