The Ratchet & Clank Thread

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which is your favourite in the series?

Ratchet & Clank
14%
Going Commando/Locked and Loaded
No votes
Up Your Arsenal/3
50%
Deadlocked/Gladiator
No votes
Size Matters
No votes
Secret Agent Clank
No votes
Tools of Destruction
7%
Quest for Booty
No votes
A Crack in Time
14%
All 4 One
No votes
Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force
No votes
Into the Nexus/Nexus
No votes
Ratchet & Clank PS4
14%

Total votes: 14

GrandKittymus
Moussu
Tings: 1210

Re: The Ratchet & Clank Thread

Post by GrandKittymus »

I got both the game AND the movie to look forward too. The gameplay doesn't look like a disappointment so far so I'm pretty excited. (Also, as much as I love the pixelizer, here's hoping they bring back something like the morph-o-ray or sheepinator.)

Welcome~. The Kitty is at your service today. The Teensies are currently not available to assist you so allow me to be your Substitute. What's that? A giant is looking to crush me? No~, of course that's not possible.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

New movie trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/inde ... ank/#share

First glance at Nefarious, at least, it sounds like Nefarious. If it is, I'm sincerely hoping that they don't excessively retcon his origins. I'm also hoping that he does turn into the more familiar robot that we know him as, to be brutally honest, I'm not digging his original squishy design here, much preferred that shown in R&C 3.
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

Movie looks pretty cool. Some parts of the trailer were a bit cliche though, and that little green character will be the Jar jar of the film for sure.
I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Nefarious's backstory a bit, just like it seems they're making Qwark appear more of a dim-witted hero, like he is in the later games, rather than a back stabbing bafoon as he was in the original. If this does well, I can definitely see them doing a sequel with Nefarious robotized and the central antagonist.

What I found quite intriguing is the fact Juanita and Dallas can be seen cheering in the foreground of a crowd at one point. I wonder if they will replace Darla Gratch as the movie's resident news reporters. I loved their back and forth in Gladiator, so I hope this happens.
Rayman is the best man
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Hm, I did like their banter, but I'm hoping that it's not them. That design doesn't look right given Juanita's personality, way too upbeat looking.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Question, is the Ratchet and Clank 3 ps3 multiplayer still alive or is it a ghost town/shut down?
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

It's almost here!
Teensie&Stenopelix
Lums Jaune
Tings: 160

Post by Teensie&Stenopelix »

I am still in shock ol' R&C is gettin a movie, it is something of a remake of the 1st story told by Quark, but still!
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Just beat the new title. It was awesome and I definitely recommend anyone with a PS4 to get it. It is a legitimate must have.
I'm attempting to platinum the game and do challenge mode.

I really hope they end up doing a sequel to this reboot/reimagining for Going Commando since that was one of my favorite R&C titles. Hell, I'd love to see the whole trilogy re-imagined.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

Plan on seeing the movie as well?

I do next week so far, and the funny thing is, I normally don't care for going to the movies. I always wait for a bluray / DVD release to enjoy in my own home theater. Tells you how much I really like the series. :P
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Rayfist wrote:Just beat the new title. It was awesome and I definitely recommend anyone with a PS4 to get it. It is a legitimate must have.
I'm attempting to platinum the game and do challenge mode.

I really hope they end up doing a sequel to this reboot/reimagining for Going Commando since that was one of my favorite R&C titles. Hell, I'd love to see the whole trilogy re-imagined.
How good would you say it was? Is it like UYA or ACiT or more like Nexus? I've heard some bad things about the new game like bad story and few planets. I wish I could try it out for myself, though I don't have a PS4 yet. Sadly enough won't be able to see the movie either as they're not showing it in Sweden :( Will have to wait for a disc release I guess.
Btw, did giant Clank return?
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge

Post by Hoodcom »

I've played through and beaten the regular mode myself, recently. I can't say personally there's anything I dislike, except the fact you're limited to just one save. So I can't have my challenge mode in a separate save like I could on the Ratchet and Clank Future series.

I still need to resume Into the Nexus, now I think about it. :lol:
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I have never played a single game, but I'm very interested in seeing this movie in theaters.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Bradandez wrote:I have never played a single game, but I'm very interested in seeing this movie in theaters.
I'm not sure you'll enjoy the movie if you haven't played any of the games, though I could be wrong. It may seem a bit childish as that's how the series is kind of going now.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Some interesting questions here. The new title was very good, I had no problems with the new story, but it's hard for me to compare to the original Ratchet and Clank since it's been a long time. As for the movie I may be seeing it but they chose to have it while I'm studying for finals so finding a time to go see it is gonna be tough. I can't say if it tops the likes of Crack in Time or Up your Arsenal, and chances are, probably not. It's just way too short for it to be that good, and those games were masterpieces imo. I actually haven't played into the Nexus yet, but I think this reimagining borrows some elements from it with the jetpack open world segments.

Although its true, there are less planets, they've definitely expanded the size of some of those planets, while most have remained... mostly the same. So that was indeed a huge disappointment going from 18 to 11 planets. That might've been the reasoning for the $40 price tag and the game felt very short as well. I hope we see a reimagining of Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal like this.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Hoodcom
Mr Dark

Post by Hoodcom »

Yeah, at least they did price the game accordingly, so I certainly will give them that. Heck, being an Amazon Prime member, I ended up getting it for $31 shipped. Arrived on day of release from preordering. So I was quite happy with it.

What I really miss, was how you could fly in space to get from one planet to another, like in A Crack In Time. Something I felt they could have possibly include in the reimagined game.

Oh well, I ought to start playing Into the Nexus and finish it, I can't recall how far I've gone on it.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

I know what you're saying. I loved A Crack in Time's huge open world-ness. It felt sort of like Windwaker in Space where you can travel freely and hop off onto any planet. I hope they definitely re-explore such a thing.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Carrot-master wrote:
Bradandez wrote:I have never played a single game, but I'm very interested in seeing this movie in theaters.
I'm not sure you'll enjoy the movie if you haven't played any of the games, though I could be wrong. It may seem a bit childish as that's how the series is kind of going now.
I've never played a game, but I've marathoned the cutscenes a while back. Forgot to add that detail. I love the R&C cutscenes! :D
Hoodcom
Mr Dark

Post by Hoodcom »

Rayfist wrote:I know what you're saying. I loved A Crack in Time's huge open world-ness. It felt sort of like Windwaker in Space where you can travel freely and hop off onto any planet. I hope they definitely re-explore such a thing.
Oh man that's exactly what I loved about Windwaker as well! :mrgreen:

I also fell like replaying A Crack in Time too, now that it's brought up. Especially for the space travel. Plus you getting to choose whatever radio station to listen to in your ship. Hehehe
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Bradandez wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:
I've never played a game, but I've marathoned the cutscenes a while back. Forgot to add that detail. I love the R&C cutscenes! :D
I definitely recommend playing the games though as they have some really awesome gameplay.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Rayfist wrote:
Bradandez wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:
I definitely recommend playing the games though as they have some really awesome gameplay.
Buy me a Playstation than :wink: