Rayman Adventures

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Sabertooth »

Did anyone manage to snag the tribal costumes that they took off the shop after about a week? I noticed they gave Teenseer a radical redesign, though they still aren't offering the costumes anymore. Teenseer's description references the bone that he has through his nose, but his redesign features no such bone. Discuss.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Oh yeah, they did change him. He used to have a black overcoat as well. Now it's green.

Also I snagged both costume packs. Yeah, it cost $25 in total, but I did it to support Rayman and get screenshots for the community. You're welcome.
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

So I finally unlocked the stage with the Bruce Lee baddies you guys were talking about and they just feel... lazy? I feel like they could've done something more than that.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

dartofthedavros wrote:So I finally unlocked the stage with the Bruce Lee baddies you guys were talking about and they just feel... lazy? I feel like they could've done something more than that.
So, this prompted me to read back in the thread (what could Bruce Lee have to do with Rayman Adventures?), and in doing so I think I stumbled across the single stupidest series of posts I have ever seen on this forum that somehow went by almost entirely unopposed.
sergiomonty wrote:I don't want to be that guy...
I don't want to be that guy...
I don't want to be that guy........
Good job, you just became that guy.
Bionichute wrote:The enemies are horrifically racists caricatures

It's a bucktoothed, mildly retarded-looking person. Who gives a fuck? That describes almost literally every character in the entire game, the only difference being that this one was inspired by a famous person. I'm at a loss for words as to how, at this rate, no one has pointed out how lazy or racist they think this "horrific caricature" of a Nordic/Irish/whatever person is:

I'm not saying the design couldn't have been better/funnier (unless you think this is the one enemy in the game whose appearance shouldn't serve to amuse you (a stance many people have who believe Asians to be a protected class due to them being a minority)), but Jesus Christ, this Bruce Lee caricature is literally the bare-bones Origins enemy design.
Bionichute wrote:and even worse, they're also horrifically insulting to Bruce Lee himself.
Says who? Obviously not Bruce Lee. I don't think they are, and I don't think anyone except closet racists see them as an insult or anything to take seriously.
Bionichute wrote:They're buck-tooth, squinty eye Asian stereotypes. It's not just a movie reference, its boiling down an entire culture (Or rather, two unrelated cultures) to a single recognizable person, that being Bruce Lee.
Keeping within the parameters of bucktoothedness and looking retarded, how would you have designed this caricature? With slightly bigger eyes? Image

Additionally, can you explain to me why you think that stereotyping the physical appearance of a race is an inherently bad thing, or even insulting? It's not as if doing that carries with it any connotations to personality, intelligence or beauty. I actually think the fact that racial morphism is so inconsequential is exactly why the joke is as harmless as a fucking fart.
Bionichute wrote:French people are apparently racist against basically everyone that isn't French
Well, that's certainly not one of the most deliberately racist things I've ever heard from anyone on this forum. :boon:

Edit:
I noticed after I posted that Hunch a while ago made an almost identical post to this one, but fucking hell, it pissed me off so much I think it needs reinforcement.
Last edited by Adsolution on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

Hi, Adsolution! Welcome back!
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Hey, gamerz31w, Ad's back !
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

Oh hey Ad, good to hear from you!
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

People like Segio and Bionic are the reason why we don't have Speedy Gonzales or Pepe Le Pew cartoons anymore.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

So that's like ten new exclusive creatures? It's going to take a while to collect enough beach balls for that. Well, thankfully we seem to have like 80 days left.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Hunchman801 wrote:So that's like ten new exclusive creatures? It's going to take a while to collect enough beach balls for that. Well, thankfully we seem to have like 80 days left.
Yep. 10 creatures in total. I already collected all the non-exclusive new creatures. Also we only have 33 days left, not 80.

And also, have the new costume packs shown up for anyone else? They're were limited but that applies to every special pack now, so I was wondering if the costume packs come back. I can't tell. I bought them in an instant.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

I wonder if Murfy is satisfied with his lot in life. In Rayman 3 he was complaining about being a sidekick. Now he's a cursor.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

Bradandez wrote:People like Segio and Bionic are the reason why we don't have Speedy Gonzales or Pepe Le Pew cartoons anymore.
Funny thing is, both of these characters are supposedly getting their own films in the near future.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/6 ... arner-bros
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/pepe ... arner-bros
Rayman is the best man
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Bradandez wrote:Yep. 10 creatures in total. I already collected all the non-exclusive new creatures. Also we only have 33 days left, not 80.
Well yeah, 28 now. Not sure where I got the 80 from but that's going to be much harder than I thought.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

80 was the original number, I saw it too. But anyways, do the special packs reappear for anybody else? Please answer.
syntheticgerbil
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by syntheticgerbil »

I can't get to a new adventure anymore, "connection to server lost" despite everything else connecting to the internet just fine. Last time I had this issue they made me start over. Ugh.

Also I'm hearing that you can't get the last Incrediball for this promo thing, somehow they didn't count correctly. My count says I have one left to collect but there are two blank spots on both the tree and the summer promo image.

Christ I wish they'd just quit developing for this game, they never seem to fix any issues and the new stuff is just not actual content. They never actually fixed any of the broken Wild West levels that were there for a bit, they just deleted them. That's an odd way to deal with that. Oh well, I've invested so much time in this I guess I can't stop now.
Sabertooth wrote:Did anyone manage to snag the tribal costumes that they took off the shop after about a week? I noticed they gave Teenseer a radical redesign, though they still aren't offering the costumes anymore. Teenseer's description references the bone that he has through his nose, but his redesign features no such bone. Discuss.
I had enough gems where I could buy everyone except Globox. By the time I had the gems, he was no longer there. Bummer.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Man, you just have really shit luck. My game is nothing like that.

Also, why should they quit developing the game? Because you're experiencing bad issues? Speak for yourself dude. The game I'm playing is great and I love every update they've put out. I can see the effort they put into them.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Sabertooth wrote:I wonder if Murfy is satisfied with his lot in life. In Rayman 3 he was complaining about being a sidekick. Now he's a cursor.
He looks really happy though. :confus:
Seems like someone has been eating paint chips again.
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Am I the only one with no update?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

CHRdutch wrote:Seems like someone has been eating paint chips again.
That explains it all right!
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Rulez wrote:Am I the only one with no update?
It's not on Android yet.