Rayman Headcanons

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Headcanons

Post by incognito »

Please, I'm gonna barf.
Misterfan2000
Grand Mini
Tings: 5485

Post by Misterfan2000 »

Headcanons, yay!! I like the headcanons, and I'm gonna tell all of you my Rayman Headcanons:

-THE MAGICIAN/ALES MANSAY AREN'T THE SAME CHARACTER.
For my, Ales Mansay was always a Dark Teensie, a "nightmare" from Polokus, who is jealous of the Magician. So, to try to be like him, Ales dresses like him, and take his way of being and his personality, to cheat Rayman and his friends.

-LY IS RAYMAN'S GIRLFRIEND.
Since I've seen the artwork of Rayman 2, I was sure of that.
These two make a great couple :proud:

-RAYMESIS IS DARK RAYMAN, AND RAYMAN LEGENDS' "DARK RAYMAN" IS SHADOW RAYMAN.
(That was confirmed by Rayman Team!! https://twitter.com/RaymanGame/status/6 ... 1530596352)
For my, Raymesis is Dark Rayman, the same Dark Rayman that was created by Mr. Dark in the original Rayman, but, instead of being a villain, he's more an antihero, like Dark Pit; and the Dark Rayman of Rayman Legends is a Shadow Rayman for my: In Kid Icarus Uprising appears Shadow Pit too, with similar characteristics with Shadow Rayman.

-MR. DARK IS DEAD AFTER THE FINAL BATTLE.
With the GBC Version in mind, I have come to this theory. Let's think: Mr. Dark doesn't appear in the future games, and Ales Mansay idolizes him.

-ANDRE WAS THE DARK LUM FROM RAYMAN 3 GBA.
If you think that, isn't too crazy: Andre was created by accident by Rayman (Remenber the flashback from the final of Rayman 3?), and Razorbeard hears that Andre is powerful, and he makes every effort to find him.

-RAZORBEARD IS DEAD AFTER RAYMAN 3 GBA.
At the end of Rayman 3 GBA, Razorbeard doesn't appear. It seems that he dies at the explosion of the Golgroth #2.

-GLOBETTE (FROM RAYMAN RUSH) IS UGLETTE.
Why in some versions of Rayman 2 Uglette wears a bow, like Globette? I think that this two characters are the same.

And, that's all folks! :wink:
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

It says that Rayman hates the rain. He hates rain so much that the rain prevents him from going on Adventures. Why is that? Well, if you stay in the rain too long you'll get a cold. And if you get a cold, your nose will get clogged up with mucus. And seeing how big Rayman's nose is, it must be hell having that big of a nose clogged up.
Dark Skink
Paluchard
Tings: 507

Post by Dark Skink »

Here is my interpretation of the timeline between Rayman 2 & Rayman Origins
  • The Lums in Origins & Legends are decedents of the 999 Lums from Rayman 2
    The Bubble Dreamer is Polokus' Nickname because the source of his magic comes from the bubbles that he blows.
    One of Polokus Nightmares made those Raymanlike people (I refer them as Raybeings) & Globoxes make them go crazy with brain damaged.
    Nymphs, Teensies and Greenbottles are immune to this nightmare due to the fact of those species begin wise..
    The Grand Minimus transformed most of Raybeings into Teensies after Murfy warn about the nightmare.
    In Rayman's universe a character is wise by his knowledge & sense of humor.
    The Magician aka Ales Mansay become evil because he was affected by the nightmare due to the loss of his sense of humor.
Last edited by Dark Skink on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Bradandez wrote:I don't like the idea of all the Princesses being sisters. I could handle with them being cousins. But all of them being sisters? No way. They look way radically different from each other in terms of clothing and skin color.

Also, I'd like to think the gothic versions of the princesses (Elysia, Twila, Selena, Emma, and Sylbia) don't exist. They're way too bland for my taste. So yeah, they're just an edgy phase of each existing princess.
For once I must agree with you. I do not like to think that every girl in RL are sisters of each others (I think they made too many girls in the game) but individual characters with different origins.

However, I have a silly headcanon (fanfic-related though) that Twila used to have a crush in Rayman and that she is one of the naughtiest human girls of RL. :P Do not ask me for real reasons but she seems not quite trustworthy :lol:!

Now, I recently came up with a headcanon for the two exclusive Rayman Arena skins of Henchman 800 that do not exist in the European games of Rayman. The one with the chassis of what it seems to be copper-alike was the very first prototype of the Henchman 800 pirate, before the overall renewal and replacement of the Henchman 1000 model, The five monochromatic screens spread around him were there to display important informations to help researchers and engineers of the Robo-Pirate army to check the programming log and do debug/tweaks on the firmware and to report note eventual issues that could be noted for investigation and improvements. Tests concluded there were over-heating issues (that would cause slowness and eventual breakdown) and then they came up with a second model which corresponds with the other skin that has got lots of holes. This model had a tweaked/updated firmware as well a more efficient cooling system thanks to the many holes spreaded on his alluminium chassis (which ligthness allows this second prototype to be quicker than the first one). However, the tests concluded that the holes made this model much more vulnerable to weather conditions (rain especially) and overall body combat. Finally, they create the final model, which corresponds to the Henchman 800 we all know. I also have other headcanons but that must be for later. My bed is calling me.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I never heard all ten princesses were sisters until I read L'histoire de Rayman, and I actually thought that was one of the mistakes that would be fixed in the English translation. I assumed they were cousins.

Anyway, I have a new one, I don't think anyone's said it before: the flying hooks in part one of the Longest Shortcut are actually purple lums. Therefore the presence of a LockJaw there is also non-canon. Of course that must mean the Crazy Shoe is either non-canon or serves a completely different purpose, perhaps it's just there for collecting the red gems in the small corridor. Remember the one in Palmito's tower doesn't give any items either, it just lets Rayman escape!

I'd also like to explain away the presence of Hoodlum technology in the Knaaren tunnels, since there are obviously no Hoodlums down there. The cages are quite easy to explain: the Knaaren captured those Teensies themselves. But there are powerups everywhere. Maybe the Knaaren can use them too? No, surely not… I'll figure it out!

On a related note, I always assumed the Knaaren and Hoodlums were ancient enemies, what with Leptys giving Rayman the power to get rid of Black Lums and all.
Yharu
Matuvu
Tings: 225

Post by Yharu »

Here's a pretty weird headcanon.
I like to think that Polokus, being the one who created the Glade of Dreams, is actually a sentient being who fell into an eternal sleep after the disappearance of his wife, the Muse of the poets (which I kinda think it could be Phrys, the goddess that Ly and her people praise). So this makes the whole world of Rayman exist only in his mind.
Everything is a dream. The nymphs, the fairies, the places.
But is assumed there are other gods in various parts of the Glade, such as Leptys or even Glute, the god whom Globox and his spieces belong. What if Polokus has dreamed them too? And maybe he dreamed that they would be his brothers and cover a determined role in the story of the Glade.
For example, Leptys is the god of war and violence, but also triumph and worth. Glute is the god of rain, humble and kindness. And of course, Jano is the guardian of the Other Side.
Man, I'm getting inspired by the Olympus deity today, what the hell!

Also, I know that Polokus' wife has decided to abandon him after she gave birth to the Teens, because she felt ashamed of them(?), but I've got another theory.
What if, during his first nightmare where Polokus brought Jano to life, it was Jano who somehow "seduced" her.
So, she was forced to give birth to another kind of creatures, half-dream and half-nightmare, and then she decided to runaway and isolate herself in the woods.
And I'm honestly thinking that the creatures she gave birth to, after being seduced, were the people of Phrys, Ly and her people, who lived in the fairy glade because everyone saw them as some kind of enemies. This, of course, is before Rayman destroyes his first Nightmare and meets Ly, who is non that bad of a girl, after all.
(Don't mind me, I'm just shipping trash about these two. And I wanted Ly to have a tragic backstory, so why not?)
We're so irrational your rules do not apply.

http://yharuhasaiko.deviantart.com/
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I think Origins implies that it is all inside his mind, I remember reading somewhere that if he wasn't calmed down it'd cause the entire universe to bubblize. Of course, if you follow this through, then there is no canon, it's all incoherent and malleable just like a real dream.
Personally I prefer Rayman 2's outlook which seems to imply the world is "real", but Polokus' power causes the things he dreams to leak out into "reality". Rayman visits the dream world several times during the game (it's sort of implied that the Cave of Bad Dreams is a dream world too).
I still don't know where I stand on the issue of the other gods. I'm pretty sure "Gaseous Glutes" is just a minced oath though, Glute isn't actually a god.

As for Ly, well, I don't see much of a family resemblance with Jano, but uh, sure, whatever floats your boat!
incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

PluMGMK wrote:I never heard all ten princesses were sisters until I read L'histoire de Rayman, and I actually thought that was one of the mistakes that would be fixed in the English translation. I assumed they were cousins.
It is said in the French version that the princesses are all sisters though.
PluMGMK wrote:On a related note, I always assumed the Knaaren and Hoodlums were ancient enemies, what with Leptys giving Rayman the power to get rid of Black Lums and all.
Or, we could perfectly assume that André being the father of all hoodlums, his death actually caused an energetic reversion of everything he had corrupted, kinda like the Icon Of Sin in DooM, as it's death caused Hell to collapse.
It would be perfectly fit as Energy plays a great role in the R3 story arc.
Don't foret that André had the power to manipulate raw energy, therefore transforming it into either additional power he could use or additional grunts.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

incognito wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:I never heard all ten princesses were sisters until I read L'histoire de Rayman, and I actually thought that was one of the mistakes that would be fixed in the English translation. I assumed they were cousins.
Of the book? That's what I said. If you mean the game, I must have missed that. Obviously the two princesses in each world are each other's sisters, but I always assumed the five pairs were at most cousins of each other.
EDIT: To clarify, what I'm saying is, for example, Olympia is of course Sibylla's sister, but not Barbara's. But Olympia and Barbara could be cousins.
incognito wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:On a related note, I always assumed the Knaaren and Hoodlums were ancient enemies, what with Leptys giving Rayman the power to get rid of Black Lums and all.
Or, we could perfectly assume that André being the father of all hoodlums, his death actually caused an energetic reversion of everything he had corrupted, kinda like the Icon Of Sin in DooM, as it's death caused Hell to collapse.
It would be perfectly fit as Energy plays a great role in the R3 story arc.
Don't foret that André had the power to manipulate raw energy, therefore transforming it into either additional power he could use or additional grunts.
Not disputing any of that, but the point is that Leptys gives Rayman the power to undo the corruption of Black Lums. That must mean there is some history between the god (and therefore possibly the Knaaren too since they're the ones who worship him) and the Black Lums.
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

While I'm fairly sure the Glute is just a curious insult that Globox uses, I think that the Great Spirit Palmito is actually a God at the levels of the Leptys and, possibly, Polokus. After all he killed an entire teensie tribe and trapped their souls in a mystical tower.
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Yharu
Matuvu
Tings: 225

Post by Yharu »

I actually forgot about Palmito! Clumsy me!
We're so irrational your rules do not apply.

http://yharuhasaiko.deviantart.com/
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Palmito? Maybe… Remember though, the Griskins were mystics. They were probably invoking all kinds of different spirits to do various things. Palmito was just a particularly powerful and vindictive one.
(Actually a sort of joke-headcanon I had a few years ago was that they decided to ask the spirits for Palmito biscuits, but got their wires crossed and woke up the Spirit Palmito instead! :fou:)
incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

PluMGMK wrote:
incognito wrote:
Of the book? That's what I said. If you mean the game, I must have missed that. Obviously the two princesses in each world are each other's sisters, but I always assumed the five pairs were at most cousins of each other.
EDIT: To clarify, what I'm saying is, for example, Olympia is of course Sibylla's sister, but not Barbara's. But Olympia and Barbara could be cousins.
There is something I have been thinking about that... Who are the parents? Who is the king, who is the queen ? (For the kingdom tho, it might be the different world you find them in.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, since Barbara has always struck me as being like a demonic version of Betilla*, what if the nymphs were their mothers? No idea who the kings could be though.

*Finally got that off my chest after two years!
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

The Captain is Barbara's uncle and he used to be the king of the kingdom withing "Teensies in Trouble". Though he hated being king and sought for a life of adventures, so he gave the title to his brother, Barbara's dad, and sets sail to explore the Glade of Dreams.

After the events of Legends, the Captain hears of his niece's bravery and her assistance with Rayman in saving the Glade of Dreams that he returns to the kingdom he used to rule. He offers both Barbara and Rayman to join him on his journeys and thus starts "Rayman Adventures".
TheBean
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by TheBean »

I have a (slightly depressing) headcanon that all of globox's kids are still captured by the rabbids, and that's why they're not in Origins or Legends.
Rayman torso looks like an eggplant. :shock:
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

TheBean wrote:I have a (slightly depressing) headcanon that all of globox's kids are still captured by the rabbids, and that's why they're not in Origins or Legends.
Couple that with some theories that Globox divorced Uglette in Rayman 3, and suddenly Globox's zany demeanour in the Ubi-Art games makes much more sense.
Raymanni
Carnivora
Tings: 12835

Post by Raymanni »

So Globox became an alcoholic and a drug addict and just left his kids for the Rabbids to have fun with? Works for me.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

@Master I never thought in that before. As Raymanni said, it is plausible.