Rayman & Rayman 2 The Great Escape against the others

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman & Rayman 2 The Great Escape against the others

Post by incognito »

You remind me of a Doom 3 Imp jumpscare that actually surprised me enough to make me scream as I emptied my shotgun in his head.... :lol:
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Talking about jumpscares, does anybody else also jump everytime a poison zombie comes around the corner in Half Life 2?
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

Nope, but I have to admit to have been surprised more than once by the rapid zombies, these bitches are fast.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Hunchman801 wrote:
Rayfist wrote:I'm sure Adsolution will gladly tell you the story where I witnessed a fucking Novistador tackling me from behind and and screamed like a little bitch while screensharing RE4.
Was it an invisible one or a flying one? Novistadores sure surprised me more than once.
It was visible. It was during the nest. I thought I cleared out and killed Every Novistador, so I went back to the room before the nest, and there happened to be one left unkilled that tackled me from behind. I'm sure you can see how that made me jump, because of RE4's camera.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Rayfist wrote:It was visible. It was during the nest. I thought I cleared out and killed Every Novistador, so I went back to the room before the nest, and there happened to be one left unkilled that tackled me from behind. I'm sure you can see how that made me jump, because of RE4's camera.
And the creepy noise they make. :mrgreen:
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

PluMGMK wrote:Well, now that I'm here, I might as well continue to rain on people's parades: the zaniness of Origins and Legends is much closer to Ancel's original vision than anything before. And the only reason Rayman 2 was so dark was because Tonic Trouble was silly, so they didn't want two games that seemed identical. Source: L'Histoire de Rayman
Maybe I should read that book now that muh bro has it.

Although I'll say this : yes, R2's dark tone is the exception rather than the rule, but it was bloody effective and I'd like the series to go back to it from time to time. Some stories are light-hearted, some are not.
Hunchman801 wrote:
Pirez wrote:RE4 introduced a midget Napoleon. It was never expected to be taken seriously.
The Hell does Salazar have to do with Napoleon?
Size + hat. Although it has been proven that Napoleon, though he was no colossus, wasn't particulary small either.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

CHRdutch wrote:Talking about jumpscares, does anybody else also jump everytime a poison zombie comes around the corner in Half Life 2?
No, but I got quite a scare once when one sneaked up behind me!
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

CHRdutch wrote:Talking about jumpscares, does anybody else also jump everytime a poison zombie comes around the corner in Half Life 2?
I used to be really scared of them and fast zombies. Not so much anymore since I know when a lot of them are coming.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Pirez wrote:Size + hat. Although it has been proven that Napoleon, though he was no colossus, wasn't particulary small either.
Well you said it yourself, so size is not something they have in common. As for the hat, Salazar wears a tricorne, while the one Napoleon is most often represented with is a bicorne.

I don't see anything left.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

You're avoiding the issue because the truth hurts. Next thing we know, you're creating 9 different accounts because you don't want to be a part of this community.
Hunchman1000
Électoon

Post by Hunchman1000 »

Pirez wrote:You're avoiding the issue because the truth hurts. Next thing we know, you're creating 9 different accounts because you don't want to be a part of this community.
Hey, I'm new to this place.

I just joined to say that I wholeheartedly agree with Hunchman801 and that Pirez is wrong.
Yes.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

That's me convinced.
keaston
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by keaston »

Since this site does not seem to accept the freedom of press and word, I have assimilated my new discussion into a previous discussion, Since this discussion had no reason to be locked since it was a simple question based on everyone's expectations and because certain opinions (also related to Rayman 3) are not exclusively personal but these are widely diffused opinions from many fans and critic and since criticism does not aim to always be something negative but constructive criticism also exists, thank you.

For example, another user who heavily criticizes Rayman 3 to prove that I'm not the only one who thinks so: https://techraptor.net/content/rayman-3 ... ep-series

Ubisoft is the beauty of 18 years that creates Rayman's episodes that please the average player. Now, it would also be lawful to go back to thinking about the niche. And Ancel must also listen to the voice of someone who does not accept the current fate of Rayman.

Rayman fourth adventure announced. What's wrong with it?

About a month ago I read several fairly reliable articles, all reporting the same news: "Ancel being in an old shop saw a promotional statue of Rayman 3. From that moment a feeling of nostalgia persuaded him and thought that it was time for Rayman to return to his glory".
Cit. of the same Ancel.

Now I wonder, our dear designer has learned the mistakes of the 3rd and to "bring Rayman back to its glory" intends to adopt again the exciting style of the first or gloomy of the second, Or is going to create another adventure based on the dull and debatable style of 3!?

My question arises because it has not been a promotional gadget of the first or the second to bring back to life this reasonable thought, but the third. The third! In my opinion, and not just mine, the worst episode of the series.

I sincerely hope that Ancel has learned from the mistakes committed mainly between 2002 and 2006 (and even after) and he intends to resume the series from where he had originally interrupted it, after 1999.

Personal opinions aside, what do you think? Is there anything to hope for on this hypothetic Rayman fourth adventure? It will be a turning point that many fans of the kind have been waiting for 18 years or it will be the usual plagiarized ideas from the first and second and adapted distorcely!?

The discover of this news gave me a mix of pleasure and perplexity, justified by all the negative choices of the last two decades (2001-2011 / 2011-2019). Decades in which the Parisian designer has put in place a series of choices and nonsensical behavior, as initially that to follow a project that in fact was a failure announced as Beyond Good Evil, entrusting his winning horse Rayman to another Parisian team (team that the same Ancel criticized, but not too much otherwise would have made enemies inside his workplace) that it turned Rayman out to be a demential and lacking product. And the subsequent creation of the Rabbids who, together with the Ubisoft's capitalist market choices and Ancel's indolence, have inflicted the coup de grace (after the first inflicted by the 3) to the fame of one of the best video game series ever created in terms of style, design and atmosphere.

Believe me, I do not know whether to rejoice or doubt. After all, it was the same Ancel with his behavior who undermined the doubt and deprived his fans of concrete expectations, since he reduced his creation to a purely commercial product.

Personally, the first thing among all I hope will Ancel decide to restore the old design of the protagonist with red scarf, shoes and haircut from the first and second.

The rest, we'll see...

From my previous discussion: https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27428 (unjustifiably closed)
Last edited by keaston on Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

It's all just a matter of opinion. Personally I like Rayman 3 along with the UbiArt games and don't see a problem with a bit of change. I'm not a huge fan of the Rabbids games myself, but everyone is different.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
keaston
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by keaston »

Steo wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 pm It's all just a matter of opinion. Personally I like Rayman 3 along with the UbiArt games and don't see a problem with a bit of change. I'm not a huge fan of the Rabbids games myself, but everyone is different.
Thank you for your opinion :)
Rudie Radio Waves
Photographe
Tings: 420

Post by Rudie Radio Waves »

Steo wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 pm It's all just a matter of opinion. Personally I like Rayman 3 along with the UbiArt games and don't see a problem with a bit of change. I'm not a huge fan of the Rabbids games myself, but everyone is different.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. As long as the game is fun (and as long as the changes don’t change the franchise in the same way the rabbids did) I'm happy.

Also, as a heads up, not super sure it's ok to bump a two year old topic like this?
I draw here: rudieradiowaves.newgrounds.com
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I've seen much worse than bumping one 2 year old topic on here. :P

If he just happens to agree with the OP, then that's fair enough to me, just as long as he's allowing others to have a separate opinion from his own. :)
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Steo wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:35 pmIf he just happens to agree with the OP, then that's fair enough to me, just as long as he's allowing others to have a separate opinion from his own. :)
Indeed!

I liked Rayman 1 and 2 because of their atmosphere, level design and soundtracks. But I also like 3 mainly because of the gameplay, level design and soundtracks!
I must say that the UbiArt games are full of life, imagination and colour. They are what I enjoy as well.

The Rabbids are something not that I hate, but don't pay attention to.

Simple..
kaestone
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by kaestone »

Interveneing just to signal a new shocking discovery

For all those (few or many who are on this discussion) disappointed by the releases published after Rayman 1 and Rayman 2 era, here is another flaw identified in recent titles that, in addition to their questionable style and thickness, in this case almost border on plagiarism. And this time without any restraint nor free interpretations. Incredible!

Take this portion of the soundtrack of Rayman Origins:

Initially, according to some, the latter will refer to this:

mixed to this:

But
You will be surprised (in good or bad) by listening to this track extrapolated from the 1997 video game Swagman:

Rayman Origins takes the track in question and simply looped the first part giving it just some loud and "aquatic" feel.

I was speechless to discover this. What to say, now originality closer and closer to zero. Bah!
Rudie Radio Waves
Photographe
Tings: 420

Post by Rudie Radio Waves »

While these songs do sound rather similar (perhaps to the point of plagiarism), I still think that Rayman Origins still is an incredibly good, well-designed, fun and artistically amazing game.
I draw here: rudieradiowaves.newgrounds.com