Eurovision OMFG

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Eurovision OMFG

Post by PluMGMK »

I wasn't even aware it was on. I guess my transition from "fanatic" to "not giving a monkey's" is complete. :baille:
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

My reaction to it is usually "Oh people are talking about it? Guess I gotta watch since I have nothing else".
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, I'm not currently in a position to watch it, but if I were I'd probably be having the same reaction. :P
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

I'd say it's for the better- because other than vaporwave aesthetic and man with horsehead it's been pretty bland.
Words of Wisdom :
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610024

Post by Hunchman801 »

PluMGMK wrote:I wasn't even aware it was on.
Me neither, I've never watched it but I usually heard about it, at least.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

CHRdutch wrote:I have it in the background too, while watching YTPs.
How would you tell the difference? :mrgreen:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610024

Post by Hunchman801 »

So, any funny entries this year?
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Not really so far. Moldova sorta tried and I voted them in but it wasn't exactly their 2011 Pet Shop Boys hats entry.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I was listening to the second one on the radio a while ago. Our entry came up and I was startled to hear the pronoun "he" being used afterwards.
Whatever, I just hope the song isn't a spoonerism!
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

There seems to be a few more interesting ones this time as much as I missed the start of it. The Belarus entry was pretty nice though from what i've seen!
Words of Wisdom :
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Wtf, is this Miley Cyrus 2 or something?
(Azerbeijan)
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

Portugal seems to have one.

I can't say any of the other entrants left that much of an impression for me to be mad about it but the entry was still rather "eh".
Words of Wisdom :
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Criticising Eurovision is almost always autistic, either because they actually watch it under the guise of "How dare this other song stand on the same stage as my favourite track about how love is good and war is bad!" or because they're too fuckin' gnarly for a pop song and The Beatles is the best band ever. Of course it's not about writing the most prestigious music ever, it's supposed to be a fun contest where the audience wows at the bombastic visuals and choreography of it all.

"hnnh but real talent!" no, shut up you prideful retardne, writing a song with international appeal and creative visuals and getting someone to go up in front of 200m people and flawlessly execute their performance is actually amazing. I'm never gonna listen to any of these songs again and I had a great time, ha!

Also, I thought Portugal really deserved that win. I mean especially for those who think talent means how well you can sing, that guy had perfect control over his voice and seemed completely lax about it. I also loved just the intimacy of it in contrast to all the huge explosive performances, it felt more sincere than you usually get from Eurovision, like this dude is just passionate about his thing. That Bulgarian kid would've earned it too and he was a great singer but, I dunno those really preachy "this is the greatest statement ever wherein I unite all of europe to fight hate and spread empowerment!" tracks turn me off.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Keane wrote: Also, I thought Portugal really deserved that win. I mean especially for those who think talent means how well you can sing, that guy had perfect control over his voice and seemed completely lax about it. I also loved just the intimacy of it in contrast to all the huge explosive performances, it felt more sincere than you usually get from Eurovision, like this dude is just passionate about his thing.
My opinion might be obviously suspicious but I have the exact same thoughts as Keane. I think our song was one of the most sincere of the entire festival this year. Something with feeling. Something with a meaning. The lyrics that his sister wrote are beautiful. It was a very deserved victory. For years we didn't have good representations and we finally could show something of true quality, that many people aren't used to listen in nowadays music industry.

Salvador Sobral was a finalist from Portuguese Idol TV show in 2009 by the way. :) And his sister Luísa is a very known singer too.

I also left my hommage to this victory:

Looks like next year I need to go to Eurovision :mryellow:. I hope it will be organized in MEO Arena, it would be one of the best places to do it. The acoustics are excellent and in this area is easily accessible through subway and other public transports (and is relatively close to Humberto Delgado's airport). They have hotels too.

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

It's the sort of thing that no one ever really expects to win I guess. Well done Portugal!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I don't really follow Eurovision, all I remember is the Epic Sax Guy from a few years back. I heard he returned this year:
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Yes he did, it was one of my fav acts of this year!
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Here we go again! I think we might actually be in with a chance for once. :fou:

Actually I was legitimately angry when I heard Israel's entry featured "chicken sounds" and yet was the favourite to win, whereas when we send a turkey he gets booed off the stage. But now that I've actually heard it it's not that bad. I don't really think it was more understandable or less insulting to the audience than Dustin though tbh.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Holy shit, Poland sucked! They won the eliminations here by only one point, and I'd much prefer if the band that got second place went there instead - although I may be biased because I sing on their debut album :hehe:

Good brag.