Modifying Rayman Jungle Run game files.

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 770

Modifying Rayman Jungle Run game files.

Post by MilesTheCreator »

EDIT: The video is here!

Found some unused level tests on Rayman Jungle Run!

I also uploaded higher quality images here: http://imgur.com/a/SBSfU
Last edited by MilesTheCreator on Thu May 25, 2017 10:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Re: Rayman Jungle Run level tests

Post by Sabertooth »

Cool stuff!
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Sabertooth wrote:Cool stuff!
Indeed! ^_^
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

I was screwing up the game files and managed to replace livingstones to Voodoo Mama nymph. xD

EDIT: To avoid confusion, the livingstones with spikey hat are not replaced.
Last edited by MilesTheCreator on Sat May 20, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

That's interesting. I didn't know you could load the test levels. Is it possible for the test levels in Fiesta Run as well? Also, did you replace the files or did you use some cheat program to change in-game values?
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Carrot-master wrote:That's interesting. I didn't know you could load the test levels. Is it possible for the test levels in Fiesta Run as well? Also, did you replace the files or did you use some cheat program to change in-game values?
I actually swapped the file names.
Also, I tried to load them in Fiesta Run but the game just crashed. Even some test levels in Jungle Run crashes the game as well.

(Rayman Fiesta Run itself doesn't have any test levels though.)
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Ah, I see. I'm not able to do that myself since I've got the iOS version and the Windows version doesn't appear to have the test levels. I assume you're using the Android version?
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Carrot-master wrote:Ah, I see. I'm not able to do that myself since I've got the iOS version and the Windows version doesn't appear to have the test levels. I assume you're using the Android version?
Yup.

I thought Windows version had the test levels, will check that later.
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Broke the camera, somehow......

MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Re: Modifying Rayman Jungle Run game files.

And this could possibly mean that we can see some unused stuff from Rayman Origins!

If only I know how to decompile and recompile .IPK file.. :|
Last edited by MilesTheCreator on Sat May 20, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

This is quite an interesting project you're doing here!

On an other note, please don't double/triple post. If you want to add something to your previous post, use the edit button. ;)
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Ray502 wrote:This is quite an interesting project you're doing here!

On an other note, please don't double/triple post. If you want to add something to your previous post, use the edit button. ;)
Alright then.

I can edit the main post but can't remove the triple posts I did here. :|
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

You can only delete your posts if nobody has posted since. It's fine. Just don't double-post in future. ;)
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

PluMGMK wrote:You can only delete your posts if nobody has posted since. It's fine. Just don't double-post in future. ;)
Alright then, not gonna do it again.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

MilesTheCreator wrote:And this could possibly mean that we can see some unused stuff from Rayman Origins!

I think you can extract them with this .bms file: http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/rayman_origins.bms
Though I haven't tried it myself and I don't know about putting it back together again.

Btw, regarding Jungle Run, is it fine if I put up some of your images on the wiki? Also, are there any specific names for the test levels and how many are there?
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Carrot-master wrote:
MilesTheCreator wrote:And this could possibly mean that we can see some unused stuff from Rayman Origins!

I think you can extract them with this .bms file: http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/rayman_origins.bms
Though I haven't tried it myself and I don't know about putting it back together again.

Btw, regarding Jungle Run, is it fine if I put up some of your images on the wiki? Also, are there any specific names for the test levels and how many are there?
You can put them in the wikia.. Well, there are in total 38 level tests. And no, they don't have actual specific names.
(Some of the level tests crashes the game. And there are also finished unused levels.)

I only showed a few here, I will update this post tomorrow with more screenshots of test levels.
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Would it be possible for you to make videos of the levels? I believe Google Play Games has a built in screen recorder you can use.
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

Carrot-master wrote:Would it be possible for you to make videos of the levels? I believe Google Play Games has a built in screen recorder you can use.
Google Play Games makes crappy video quality. I already have another screen recorder.

And yeah, making a video about the levels is a good idea. I should make that! ;)
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

MilesTheCreator wrote:
Carrot-master wrote:Would it be possible for you to make videos of the levels? I believe Google Play Games has a built in screen recorder you can use.
Google Play Games makes crappy video quality. I already have another screen recorder.

And yeah, making a video about the levels is a good idea. I should make that! ;)
Rayman Origins/Legends are already decompilable, there's a few interesting stuff, like some source code of cheats or even the old sign that has a few things left
One thing I wonder though, is how you decompiled the ipk inside Jungle Run? iirc, there were some ipk you needed to decompile, unless my memory fools me?
MilesTheCreator
Ptizêtre en or

GOT4N wrote:
MilesTheCreator wrote:

Rayman Origins/Legends are already decompilable, there's a few interesting stuff, like some source code of cheats or even the old sign that has a few things left
One thing I wonder though, is how you decompiled the ipk inside Jungle Run? iirc, there were some ipk you needed to decompile, unless my memory fools me?
Lol, I feel so stupid right now. I forgot that I already had Rayman Legends/Origins decompiled before and I never used the files. xD

Rayman Jungle Run doesn't have any ipk files, the data files is just..... right there!