Sequel to Rayman 3 (Petition for Rayman 4)

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Sequel to Rayman 3 (Petition for Rayman 4)

Post by PluMGMK »

There is no real possible way for that to ever be resurrected, is there?
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Given how the studio seems to have vanished off the face of the earth (though there is a Phoenix Interactive out there, I don't know if it's the same or not, mind). I think all that remains is the old concept art and that prototype that was featured on one of the Unseen Video Game YouTube series. Not really much to go off on, and it'd probably best just to start from scratch.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I confess I wasn't quite fond of the original idea for it, revealed in the L'Histoire of Rayman. I have the feeling that R4 could have had an identical humour of Rayman Origins and when I think about it I believe it was better that Origins was made for that matter. However, they hinted that they could maybe use a concept or other in a future title.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

While I think the concept art was absolutely stunning and would have loved to have seen them realised, the self-aware premise was a little much for me too. I didn't mind the pop-cultural references in Rayman 3 for the most part, and the fourth wall breaks, while not entirely to my taste, were more for humour than premise.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I seem to have forgotten all that… Oh well, that gives me a reason to dig out my copy of the book and give it another read!
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I liked Ubisoft Montpellier's vision for a 3D Rayman quite a lot more than Phoenix's concept and concept art.

I think Phoenix's concept art looks really nice and the Temporal Palace was a cool idea, but I also think the color variety in the concept art makes it look very artificial (which was part of the idea, I suppose?). The screenshots that were released for what became RRR later made the world look more natural (yet weird), more real than the Rayman 1-like world of the Phoenix concept art. I really like coherent worlds like Rayman 2's and I don't think Phoenix's version would have had that.

For instance, the palette in this is more toned down and IMO a lot better than in any of the concept art released for Phoenix's game:

And like you all I also didn't like the story premise of Phoenix's game.
MagicalPlatypus7
Moussu
Tings: 1120

Post by MagicalPlatypus7 »

The thing is that they put some of the thing they created in the cancelled R4 in Raving rabbids (the GBA version , which is not bad at all by the way) so Ubisoft consider that they've already done something with that , even if many of the R4 asset are still unused, but anyway Ubisoft seem to be more busy with their Mario-Rabbids bullshit and they kind of gave up on rayman for quite a while now
Tout ce qui ne me tue pas
devrait courir!
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

The GBA version is a playable game but it feels unfinished. I still am pretty confused that this game "freezes" in the end, with no credits roll or anything.
Jocke155
Lums Violet
Tings: 130

Post by Jocke155 »

Master wrote:Given how the studio seems to have vanished off the face of the earth (though there is a Phoenix Interactive out there, I don't know if it's the same or not, mind). I think all that remains is the old concept art and that prototype that was featured on one of the Unseen Video Game YouTube series. Not really much to go off on, and it'd probably best just to start from scratch.
No they are not the same Phoenix sadly.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

Haruka wrote:The GBA version is a playable game but it feels unfinished. I still am pretty confused that this game "freezes" in the end, with no credits roll or anything.
Freezes? How so? I got full credits upon completing it.

Edit: It appears the credits didn't show when playing on an emulator, but it did on a real console. Weird.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I think even in my real cartridge the credits did not show up.
Jocke155
Lums Violet

Post by Jocke155 »

Would it not be nice if Ubi decide to announce a new Rayman 3D game at the Ubisoft E3? :D
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Naturally, though it's highly unlikely with the current circumstances. Michel very recently reaffirmed the fact that he was focused on BG&E2 and WILD. Meaning the only way for a new Rayman title to be developed, is if another studio made it. Considering that from the main series, only Rayman 3 was made by someone other than Michel and Montpellier, and that Ubi's focuses aren't exactly what they were back then, I'm very sceptical.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Since Ancel seems to be an advocate for the current smartphone formula Rayman is stuck in, I'd love to see another studio take a shot at Rayman. Even if they get it completely wrong, something new that isn't Rayman Legends would be wonderful.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Jocke155
Lums Violet

Post by Jocke155 »

Sabertooth wrote:Since Ancel seems to be an advocate for the current smartphone formula Rayman is stuck in, I'd love to see another studio take a shot at Rayman. Even if they get it completely wrong, something new that isn't Rayman Legends would be wonderful.
True, next game should be something else :)
Jocke155
Lums Violet

Post by Jocke155 »

Watching Ubisoft E3 right now, and they just made a game with Mario + Rabbids, where is a new Rayman game? :D
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Fingers are crossed, but expectations are managed.
Jocke155
Lums Violet

Post by Jocke155 »

"Rayman? Raaaymaan! Raaaymaaan!" - Bégoniax
(No news on Rayman at the E3)

We'll have to wait until next year then!
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I really admire your optimism, I'm not being patronising, I legitimately do. However, given how Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been shown off, I doubt we'll see Rayman from Michel now, which leaves the alternative, having another studio do it.
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote
Tings: 2975

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

Sorry for the late reply, on a kinda dead thread but here are my thoughts on the subject.
Rayman Origins can't be Rayman 4. It was just a jump back in time to the first game. You can tell just by playing it. Dispite any claims the develepers might have made regarding Origins being Rayman 4. I don't even know if they did make any claims, but if they did, Just play the first world, you'l see.
To back up my point even further we have Rayman Legends which seems to be a jump back in the past to Rayman 3 and Rayman 2.

The only way I can see Rayman 4 actually happening is if Ubisoft is somehow convinced people will want a sequel, not just a few hundred or thousand, but as many sales as there other franchises like Assasin's creed.

Off topic at this point but i'l throw this out there: Another thing Ubisoft could do is remaster Origins and Legends in 3D/4K.

How did Rayman 3 Hd sales go by the way? that right there should had told Ubisof tthat people wanted a Rayman 4 game.