Rayman Headcanons

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman Headcanons

Post by Haruka »

*Sorry for double posting*

I am bringing this again to share a headcanon I had in case it used to exist an Sanctuary of Iron and Air in the Iron Mountains. I imagine it would have been an architecture primarily made of iron and other metals with air conducts and fire traps due to an existence of a forge. Rocky was the original guardian. But given the sanctuary's geographical location it was quite susceptible and exposed to the unstable climate of the altitude of the mountains. One night, Polokus had a nightmare where Grolem 13 appears and in its madness it creates a huge storm that destroys the sanctuary's structure and it falls along with Rocky, who failed protecting the mask that got taken away by the strong winds. Rocky awakes in a fire den where he decided to isolate himself outraged that he failed as a guardian. Later, Grolem 13 finds the mask and interpreted it as a valuable treasure, so he froze it in the old location of the sanctuary and wanders around the area since then.

Other thing I had in mind would be the possibility of Rocky being Polokus' mask forger, even though the real mask materials are a mystery!
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

I've always found it so interesting that Rocky has such a similar design to the other guardians. I've always assumed R3 GBA was originally going to be completely based off Rayman 2, so I wonder if Rocky was perhaps an early design for Foutch? Or perhaps a fourth guardian.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

PluMGMK wrote:I'd also like to explain away the presence of Hoodlum technology in the Knaaren tunnels, since there are obviously no Hoodlums down there.
That's actually also one of the inconsistencies in Rayman 2 that I never quite seem to understand: there are Cages everywhere, even deep into Sanctuaries like the Cage in the Umber part of the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire. Have Pirates been there?
No? Then how did their Cages end up in those places?
Yes? Then why did they not make more of an effort to get to the Four Masks themselves or at least set up more traps and ambushes for Rayman to run into? Or bar his entry completely?

I understand that they might not be able to beat the Guardians themselves (although honestly, had they brought a nightmarishly massive armada of Henchmen, I don't think those boys would've stood a chance), but if they found out where they were (and the two Cages near Foutch's gate in the Sanctuary of Rock and Lava suggests they did (again, why are those Cages there, so deep into the secret Sanctuary???)), they could've at least set up something nasty like a collapsed tunnel, barred Rayman's entry with a nifty laser gate or rigged the place with tripwires and explosives or something.

Huge faux-pas on Razorbeard's part. Worst. Strategist. Ever.

I mean, I understand there's a possibility they simply didn't know of the Masks. But if they can get that close to the Guardians themselves to just hang up a couple o' Cages, why not push further and explore into the Inner Sanctum, possibly running into and awakening huge, angry monsters, but then, hey, you found something interesting worth exploring, 'cause look how well-guarded it is!

But I guess Razorbeard is indeed not the best strategist. Just look at how he uses the Grolgoth: he's confronting Rayman alone, on top of a huge pinnacle where he could have also confronted him with, oh I don't know, the full force of his entire Robo-Army? You gotta be joking me if you're gonna tell me all the robots were destroyed and the entire Buccaneer is empty save for Razorbeard and Lunette.

So I guess what to make of this is that my headcanon is that Razorbeard is just incredibly dumb and he has been very lucky to have even gotten this far with his armada, seeing the strategic slip-ups he makes (PS why put Globox in the same cell as Rayman; that's literally the worst idea ever), he didn't stand a chance to win this war.

lol apparently I have some key issues with some plot points in Rayman 2

it's still my favourite game of all time however, and i'll still love it forever despite its flaws
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Perhaps the fairies magically uploaded some malware into his brain just before the Heart went kaboom?
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Hahaha I guess that was their epic final act before being put in chains, yeah.
Shrooblord wrote:I mean, I understand there's a possibility they simply didn't know of the Masks.
But they do! They do. Razorbeard mentions very explicitly in the cutscene right before The Bayou:
Razorbeard wrote:He mustn't get his grubby hands on the 4 Masks!
(How could I have forgotten the grubby hands quote :sad: )
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

You're a genius Shrooblord. Perhaps Razorbeard never wanted to win. Maybe all the planet conquering was getting old for him and he wished to retire and live blissfully with his wife, but he didn't want to disappoint his henchmen, so he intentionally planned a poor takeover so that the Robo-Pirates would be defeated for good.

But then Rayman 3 GBA happens so maybe not.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Darkykitty2
Lums Violet
Tings: 140

Post by Darkykitty2 »

in my head cannon rayman is vegan and uses "sassy" beyonce gifs as comebacks on social media
Yes i,m the original Darkkitty but i,ve grown up and have graduated from high also want to cringe you're self to death vist my g+ https://plus.google.com/114161173111092 ... T1hr3Q8oNQ
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

I headcanon that Spyglass is afraid of lava like some kids are terrified of going into water.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

My headcanon is that Andre didn't actually appear for the first time in Rayman3 but on the GBA version, and I think that it's a sequel to the second game but a prequel to the third game for home consoles.
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

gba rayman 3 is another rayman, and he looks like a sprite inr eal life
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
nr0r
Crapaud blindé
Tings: 16858

Post by nr0r »

My headcanon is that Mr. Dark is Rayman's dad and that's why he took his hands.

Tunderous wrote: How would we know if you have a husband? Your gender isnt shown. :mrgreen:
[1:02 AM] Chloë/Adsolution/Krawielicki?: lilith= if she took up any space shed be a waste of it
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

rayman's subconscious disapproval of teensies reflects asians in real life
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
nr0r
Crapaud blindé

Post by nr0r »

Is that why Teensies all look the same?

Tunderous wrote: How would we know if you have a husband? Your gender isnt shown. :mrgreen:
[1:02 AM] Chloë/Adsolution/Krawielicki?: lilith= if she took up any space shed be a waste of it
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

headcannon, rayman blinds a teensie with his fingers
nr0r
Crapaud blindé

Post by nr0r »

Is that one happened to Roméo?

Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

I headcanon that Henchman 1000 bangs Razorwife while Razorbeard isn't around.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

In my headcanon Rayman has a super shield and nobody can defeat him.
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

In my headcanon, Bradandez faps to Barbara every time she's on the screen
nr0r
Crapaud blindé

Post by nr0r »

In my headcanon, Polokus is Trump

Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

In my headcanon, Razorbeard destroyed the planets he previously conquered for a noble cause.

He destroyed these planets to avoid the spread of a deadly disease that was plaguing his homeplanet. The cause of this hostile ailment is unknown, but a Raving Rabbid is presumably the culprit. (According to a source regarding the Rabbids' backstory, they've been planning this invasion for MANY years since the events of Rayman 1.)
Somewhere between the events of Rayman 1 and 2, a Rabbid got sick and started to wreak havoc in the Glade. In an attempt to keep the Glade's residents safe and healthy, it was immediately banished from the Glade. It was brought to the home realm of the Robo Pirates.

To their utter dismay, the Rabbid contaminated the citizens. Some unsuspecting civilians have noticed that their neighbors have been acting very strange and speak gibberish. Their pupils change from normal/black to red when they're hungry or seek to hurt someone. It was getting out of hand, with the vaccines scarce and doctors in quarantine, Razorbeard, being one of the few civilians with a natural immunity to the sickness, had to take matters into his own hands. So, Razorbeard and his crew headed off to raid planets, robbing the citizens of their resources. When they gathered all the loot, they move on to the next.

Little did the Admiral know that he's bringing a contaminated Henchman along. Soon, he started attacking fellow crew members, which isn't typical for a Henchman 800 to do that, they usually never attack anyone unless they're given the order to do so or if it's out of self defense. As his hunger and aggression escalated, he went for the Admiral. Unlucky for the contaminated henchman 800, he was stopped by Henchman 1000 (who looked different at the time) Frustrated, the contaminated Henchman attacks HIM instead and gouged his eye out. H-1000 is also immune to the illness, but he still suffered from some trauma since the initial assault.

Soon, Razorbeard took immediate action and coaxed the Henchman into the lake of Molten Lava. No one else got the infection.
Sometime later, some bots on board have speculated that there is a cure in the Glade, so they attacked the Glade and searched EVERYWHERE for the cure. And enslave everyone in the progress if they didn't cooperate.

In conclusion: His actions are questionable, but he's doing his homeplanet a favor. And yet, we drove the Robo-Pirate race to extinction. The last remaining survivors are struggling to find suitors to sustain the planet's population.