Mafia - Mafia Wins!

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Re: Mafia - Mafia Wins!

Post by CHRdutch »

I like how a teammate killed me on the first night. That was a lot of fun.
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

Pirez wrote:
Master wrote:Was it a coincidence that all the Frenchies were Mafia? That sounds a little too convenient. :P
If that was Ambi intention, he didn't disclose it to us.
Not my intention, I picked each member using a random number generator :lol:
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Well played on the Mafia side. Humch/Ping Pong tricked me well and good by never actually outright telling me to kill Goldfish/CHRdutch, but instead merely telling me some facts and letting me decide, which increased my trust in what he was saying. I'd be very interested to see what discussions were happening behind the scenes on the Mafia side of things.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

CHRdutch wrote:I like how a teammate killed me on the first night. That was a lot of fun.
You did invite a lot of suspicion with that fake role PM you wrote. It had some spelling and grammar errors that would've been a bit obvious to a native speaker. If you don't mind my asking, what was the motivation behind that PM?
Ambidextroid wrote:
Pirez wrote:
Master wrote:Was it a coincidence that all the Frenchies were Mafia? That sounds a little too convenient. :P
If that was Ambi intention, he didn't disclose it to us.
Not my intention, I picked each member using a random number generator :lol:
Humch must be bending the laws of space-time, I guess. :lol: Anyways, I don't think I've got any major criticisms, I think you did rather well considering this was your first.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

finally these pages and pages of autism have come to a close :up: congrats to the losers!
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

GG everyone and thanks Ambi for hosting!
Master wrote:
CHRdutch wrote:I like how a teammate killed me on the first night. That was a lot of fun.
You did invite a lot of suspicion with that fake role PM you wrote. It had some spelling and grammar errors that would've been a bit obvious to a native speaker. If you don't mind my asking, what was the motivation behind that PM?
Well, I used my power to force him to write a PM badly written on purpose. :mrgreen:
RibShark wrote:I'd be very interested to see what discussions were happening behind the scenes on the Mafia side of things.
From night 0 it was entirely written in french, but I'll try to sum up a bit:
  • Hunch used his power to take the lead of the wizards
  • I sent a fake PM to Bartholomew to make him think our roles were tied and he could trust me
  • We decided to use my power to make Goldfish post a badly written role PM
  • Pineapple confessed to Hunch to be the vigilante, so he tricked him to kill Goldfish
  • Bart confessed to me he was the inspector, so we killed it. He still had the time to contact Pineapple, Hallalujah and myself to form a group, so I had to convince them that I was innocent
  • Lakitu contacted Hunch, telling him that he was the real protector, so Pirez redirected his ability every night from then to us
  • I forced Lakitu to lynch Pineapple. From now we had won for sure, with 4 vote against 3.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

One question. When you made Goldfish post the role PM, you somehow knew the name of the true protector was Gandalf. How was this so?
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

I didn't know at all, I just thought that it was a good name for the protector. :lol:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Great minds think alike, huh? Well done guys!
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

LoveMetal wrote:
  • I sent a fake PM to Bartholomew to make him think our roles were tied and he could trust me
How could you do this to me Lovy. :sad: Granted it was dumb of me to reveal my role like I did but at least I managed to have some sort of alibi a little too late. :P

Good game anyway guys.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

For my first time, I definitely had fun, up until I got killed. Good game everyone, can't wait for the next one!
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Mafia

Post by PluMGMK »

LoveMetal wrote:Same, I'll do my best to reach the Hall of Fail. :D
Does failure to reach the Hall of Fail count as a reason to be added to it?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Good game indeed!

No one on the wizards' side made any boonworthy mistakes, but their lack of organization led to a swift victory for the demons who planned everything very carefully. I just feel a bit sorry for the wizards, most of whom didn't really get to enjoy the game, but the relatively low number of players was a big factor in the duration of the game too.

Last but not least, thanks Ambi for hosting, that was a flawless first time. :winkgrin:
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Bump.

I wonder if there ever will be another one of these? Not that I'm going to play, I suck at deceiving people and I would probably get myself killed pretty quickly, but I would love seeing the action in one of these games someday :)
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

I don't think we have the activity levels to organise one for a while, but I would like to see another game eventually (and hopefully play as Mafia for once)
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I changed my mind, I think if another is ever organized I'll probably take part in just one, for the experience to see if I'll ever do well in one of these games. Hey I won't know unless i try right? :mrgreen:

It is true though, that there are not enough active members to be able to host a full game, there really being only....5-8 I guess??? Too bad, but I guess that's how it goes. :?
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Ithasmore
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2325

Post by Ithasmore »

Bump

Is there any chance another game of Mafia could be hosted? It seems like a fun idea, but im not sure if theres enough active people for one.
Greengoop
Creveton
Tings: 29850

Post by Greengoop »

lol that’d be fun. How did you find this topic anyway :hehe:

Anyway I’m sure the mods could pull it off, anyone?
Ithasmore
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2325

Post by Ithasmore »

Greengoop wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:16 pm How did you find this topic anyway :hehe:
I found it by browsing the documentary, and thought it was a neat idea. Too bad that a round hasn't been played in years.
Greengoop
Creveton
Tings: 29850

Post by Greengoop »

Ye lol true true. The games were part of the charm here and still are :shock: