Who is your least favourite Rayman character?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610024

Re: Who is your least favourite Rayman character?

Post by Hunchman801 »

Ambidextroid wrote:In the first 3 games there was a kind of continuous aesthetic to the world and all the characters which is probably the thing I appreciate most next to the gameplay of a game yet Barbara is basically the opposite of that personified, and the whole of Legends threw any sort of story or coherence out the window.
Granted it's fun, but I miss being absorbed into the Rayman world as with the previous titles.
Pretty much my thoughts too, it feels like a whole different universe.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

That's one of the reasons I can't like the latest two main games as much as the original trilogy. I do miss being absorbed by the universe and wanting to know more about it. This and lore.
Darkykitty2
Lums Violet
Tings: 140

Post by Darkykitty2 »

the rabbids no question
Yes i,m the original Darkkitty but i,ve grown up and have graduated from high also want to cringe you're self to death vist my g+ https://plus.google.com/114161173111092 ... T1hr3Q8oNQ
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Darkykitty2 wrote:the rabbids no question
Same Here. In my opinion, They ruined the Rayman series.
:pfff:
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote
Tings: 2845

Post by Lil_DRE »

Barbara, in itself, is a filler character that does not have anything interesting, nothing interesting, the worst of all (Including that has more fans than Rayman) is that they dedicated their own Trailer which introduced and was the protagonist of the very well worked "Epic Trailer" based on a fully detailed CGI work, something that irritates me to a point since Rayman in that Trailer does not even participate, only at the end like for 3 seconds, I mean, they can create a game own for her and would be more Famous than Rayman himself and his entire franchise.

But on the other hand, Michel gave us a female protagonist (Something that nowadays is as fashionable as in Video Games, Movies or series, even in literature) is a character that could have a better background, a better story, in the CGI Trailer, you can see that he has a personality of someone Capable, Courageous, without fear of facing any threat, that would work if we also add FEELINGS, that he feels EMOTIONS, not that he is a kind of being that only attacks and laugh when the wall leaps.
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Same, the rabbids, they are so annoying!
Maz
El Stomacho
Tings: 23133

Post by Maz »

Space Mama's washing machine (Does that even count as a character? If not, I change my answer to Space Mama herself), that thing made me ragequit more than once back when I was a kid.
FC: 54.450 (PB: 55.280) | CF: 131.900 (PB: 134.150) | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 (PB: 123.839) | DOTK: 118.640 (PB: 122.070) | LS: 43.110 (PB: 43.470) | SBTC: 110.479 | HH: 120.609 | TOTL: 118.689

Total: 921.395 (old savegame, current Total: 902.045)
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Lil_DRE wrote:Barbara, in itself, is a filler character that does not have anything interesting, nothing interesting, the worst of all (Including that has more fans than Rayman) is that they dedicated their own Trailer which introduced and was the protagonist of the very well worked "Epic Trailer" based on a fully detailed CGI work, something that irritates me to a point since Rayman in that Trailer does not even participate, only at the end like for 3 seconds, I mean, they can create a game own for her and would be more Famous than Rayman himself and his entire franchise.
I don't mind Barbara, I think she fits into Legends' worlds far better than Rayman does. I pretty much exclusively play as her in the game.
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote

Post by Lil_DRE »

I also think that for the other side, but I think they should have given more history to it, although the fault would be the programmers and scriptwriters for not giving us a clearer story that will show us its origin.
Original Character
Créature maléfique
Tings: 310

Post by Original Character »

I kind of feel like Barbara could have been Tily. Like I guess Tily was pretty much just a throw-away one-time character, but I think she fits in a lot better with the rest of the cast, if a short, "fighty" female character is what you're looking for.
Barbara looks a lot like a really generic "strong sexy female" to me, and I feel like her personality could have easily been Tily's (I mean, the characters have more or less the same personality these days, but what we do have for Barabara). Maybe her power could be magic like the teensies, or she could throw a punch with that good old squash and stretch animation. I'm curious what she'd look like with an ax though...
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I don't really know if I have anything against any of the characters but when I play Origins or Legends I only pick Rayman as I'm used to the physics / animations when you use him. I feel like using the others feels off putting to me for some reason. Like I assume they're all programmed to run the same speed, jump the same height and glide the same distance but it still just feels off putting for some reason especially the charge attack.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Bump.

The rabbids are nice characters, but they don't fit well in Rayman's universe. Barbara and the princesses were excessive, but they fit in pretty well in the Legends universe too. Even Tily and Razorwife fit in well with the cast, even though imo they seem like throw-away characters (especially Tily). I'm going to say Tily for now.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote

Post by Lil_DRE »

Barbara should never have been created, but if I do not like her appearance and her voice, it's fine that "Viking Girl" but the physical form is in itself what bothers me or I do not like it, hopefully in rayman 4 or in a delivery like Legends, fix those details, but I doubt it.
I do not hate her, I hate the way she is portrayed, if in a future delivery she had a young voice of 20 years or so and that her helmet is removed (a ponytail would be perfect) and her physique looks more feminine, hips, shoulders, legs and obvious his chest.
It is a personal opinion.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Ooh, seeing a more feminine Barbara would be a bit interesting.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote

Post by Lil_DRE »

Exactly, in the Trailer where they introduce it and the one made in CGI, it seems that it is being represented as a feminist figure. Since, it is not rare to see how a character without history or background saves the mythical protagonist?
Give prominence to her and Rayman ah leave it aside, it's like the theme of the Rabbids who became more famous than Rayman and had their own saga, I do not want it to happen again. (Obviously it is impossible for such a cataclysm to occur).
12RayChienne9
Carnivora
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

My least favourite Rayman character is Jano the Guardian of the Cave of Bad Dreams. Do you know why?
There are two reasons why I consider him as my least favorite Rayman character:
1. My actual opinion on him originated when I was playing the Game Boy Advance version of Rayman 3 and I was in a boss level which he appeared. I tried several times until I reached to the end of the level.
2. Have you been played The Cave of Bad Dreams in many versions of Rayman 2 (not counting the PlayStation version nor the Game Boy Color version)? There is a scene that Jano offers Rayman his treasure, that's why he is responsible for bringing the consequences of what will happen if Rayman decides to take over the money.

Well, if any of you like this character, I will respect your opinion
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

I like Barbara and her variants from a design standpoint, but I don't like how she fits into the world of Rayman.

Jano scared me a little bit when I was younger (specially the voice from the original version), but I always thought he was interesting and liked how he was connected to Polokus.

My least favorite character from the franchise has to be Tily (LacMac and Flips from the animated series are a close second).
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I would also say Tily is my least favourite, and Globox is my favourite character.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Sir Rayland
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3315

Post by Sir Rayland »

The Rabbids.
Hi, im working on a fangame :P
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I didn't think of Rabbids because I didn't even consider them as Rayman characters. :mrgreen: