Official Nintendo Topic

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

On a scale of 1-5, how much do you want the Nintendo Switch?

5 - Nintendo's already taken/about to take my money!
51%
22%
3 - I'm on the fence
14%
11%
1 - RUINED FOREVER
3%

Total votes: 37

Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: Official Nintendo Topic

Post by Adsolution »

That's because the language/accent must have a vowel after every individual consonant. Except for N for some raisin.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

There'll be a 30 minute Nintendo Direct on tomorrow at 23:00 GMT.

I got it wrong. It's on at 22:00, so about 45 minutes from this post
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Oh boy this is gonna be boring.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

luigis mansion port 3ds
crash n sane switch
smash 4 switch + inklings

hot dog that was not boring that was hot
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Notables for me:
3DS:
  • Bowsers Inside Story remake. I do feel like it's the best of the series, but given how it is the game that kinda refined the M&L formula to what it is now, and how it's a DS title that can be played on the 3DS, I don't see why it's really needed. I think Partners in Time was in more need of such a facelift.
  • OG Luigi's Mansion - Yup, they're remaking the original on 3DS.
  • Detective Pikachu will have a large 13" (IIRC) Amiibo, don't particularly care, but if it's anyone's cuppa', there you go.
  • New Captain Toad game
Switch:
  • Animal Friends from the Dreamland games, and Marx as playable characters! Talk about Kirby fanservice.
  • Octopath Traveller, Square Enix's RPG with the 3D 8bit aesthetic is out on July 13th.
  • New Captain Toad
  • Undertale.
  • Crash N Sane Trilogy. I'm not usually one for it, but I'm interested to see what the reactions to this one will be like
  • Fractured But Whole
  • Smash, apparently coming out this year.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

I liked how hard the guy was trying to avoid making it sound like he was saying butthole.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Personally, I don't think he succeeded. But A for effort.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

Master wrote:Notables for me:
[...]
Switch:
[...]
[*]Smash, apparently coming out this year.[/list]
This has my attention. What's the scoop?

I hadn't a chance to even watch anything since I was pre-occupied yesterday. :o
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Teaser trailer at end of Direct, nothing much except it's coming. Dunnae if it's port like MK8DX or new though.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Highlights for me:

3DS:
-Luigis Mansion 3DS: Always wanted to play through the original since I own it on GC but never got around to it, this will be a great way of doing so.

-Warioware Gold: This isn't quite the return I was expecting... I think the creator was trying to do the same thing that he did with Rhythm Heaven Megamix and just offer a "best of" selection. So in the case of Warioware you'll get a selection of some of the best microgames from the GBA and DS titles, pretty cool if you ask me. The new redesigns strike me as a bit odd though.
I'm a bit weirded out that we're already getting another Mario and Luigi game. I feel like these games have seriously dropped in quality lately and they're just pumping these out like it's nothing.

Switch:
-Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes: At first, I wasn't really feeling it with the gameplay we were being shown. It looked... stiff, Travis's running animation looked a bit off and the top down arcade style was a bit off-putting to me, being such a huge fan of the original NMH games. But... I think it's grown on me, I actually think this game looks legitimately addictive and fun. It isn't quite the NMH sequel I wanted but it still looks like loads of fun. Here's hoping we get No More Heroes 3 in the future.

-Third Party support (Dark Souls amiibo, South Park Fractured but Whole, etc.): I don't plan on buying these since I usually get them on PC or PS4, but I think it's really awesome that these games are coming to Switch, I've noticed a really big effort from Nintendo lately to really get these third parties to Switch, it's truly great.

-Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy: I've played through the original Crash games at least like 5 times, and I beat N Sane Trilogy once on PS4, 100 percent completion, now I gotta do it again? Jokes aside, I think this is fantastic. I was actually one of the naysayers thinking that there was no way this could come to Switch due to the fact PS4 struggled to even managed 30 with it. I'm really happy for Crash fans who want to take this game on the go. In addition, a Steam release was also announced for it, so it's great that everyone on every platform can experience these classics now.

-Super Smash Bros: I still have zero idea whether this is a port, or a brand new game entirely. My prediction is it's gonna be a new a title that uses the Smash 4 engine to save time and resources. The new logo and character design for Link just really make me think this isn't a simple port, it's definitely gonna be something much more, or something else new entirely.
Last edited by Rayfist on Tue May 08, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status ... 8245307392

From the looks of things, Sakurai seems to be involved, which makes one wonder if this is indeed a new one.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Is it time to start the campaign "Rayman for 5ma5h" yet?
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

I'm so happy for the luigi's Mansion remake, I loved that game soo much :shock: and a new warioware game, jesus christ I almost forgot about that series, these 2 will definitely be insta-buys.
Also smash motherfucking 5.
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

I think the Smash thing is gonna be a port, just with a bunch of new content.
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

I don't know to be honest, I am in a lot of nintendo groups on facebook and it's basically just a shitstorm between the "it's a port" and the "it's a new game" people, there's a lot of good evidence for both parts so I guess we just have to wait.
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

My prediction regarding Smash: I don't think it will be a port... I don't know there are way too many things pointing towards it not being a port.

However, I think it's gonna use the Smash 4 engine. If it IS a port, I think it'll be a heavily updated one (in the same way we went from Street Fighter V to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition)
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

That's something the switch really needs is smash. I wouldn't even mind if it's a port once it's done well. I'd love to see them remake Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door and Super Mario Sunshine for it but I don't see that happening. If I was gonna pay crazy money for Paper Mario I'd like it to at least be on a new console. 60-75 euro that game costs you over here second hand.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Adsolution wrote:I think the Smash thing is gonna be a port, just with a bunch of new content.
Is it time to silence this filthy non-believer yet?
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

All I'm going to say on this topic right now is, I hope I can get a Switch by the end of this year! I look forward to playing all the awesome games there past, present, and future!
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote:All I'm going to say on this topic right now is, I hope I can get a Switch by the end of this year! I look forward to playing all the awesome games there past, present, and future!
The switch is actually great to have. The fact that you can play it as a console or handheld with it being hybrid is nothing short of amazing.

Now where's Rayman Revolution and Rayman 3 for it? :?

EDIT: I know there's no chance of revolution but I'd like to see 3 released for it. Maybe without the glitches by basing it off say the Gamecube version.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687