Rayman Trilogy Remastered?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
danyq94
Lums Rouge
Tings: 70

Rayman Trilogy Remastered?

Post by danyq94 »

Hi everyone, I'm new here!
My name is Daniele, I'm Italian and, like you, I'm a huge Rayman fan! :D
I saw this video where we talk about a probable Rayman Trilogy Remaster, and the evidence seems quite convincing. I would like to know what you think about all this!

Here is also the Twitter account, you can also try to see his email
https://twitter.com/RaymanTrilogyHD
I've tried for curiosity and surprise
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique
Tings: 25637

Re: Rayman Trilogy Remastered?

Post by StelzenBomber »

Would be interresting but

Revolutin is kind of a remake
rayman 3 hd existts

Also Michael ancel wants to do rayman 4
danyq94
Lums Rouge

Post by danyq94 »

I think that here is meant a graphic remake just like Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Didn't watch the video yet, but the twitter account is all of the evidence, right? That's not very much.
I believe it's coming sooner or later, especially since Ancel wants to do a Rayman 4, which would be a good time to make the public to remember Rayman 1, 2 and 3 (or Rayman Origins, Legends and Adventures, lol). But a Twitter account with an email address that might or might not be from Ubisoft shouldn't be enough to get your hopes up.

Also, [email protected] and [email protected] do not seem to exist, and those would be the most likely addresses given that character count.
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Post by Greeness »

As much as I would like to think this is real, there are too many things that steer me from believing that's the case.
Here are a few examples:
1. The Twitter account just seems to be using one of Rayman 2's renders in its profile picture:

2. The video doesn't once state that the account could be fake.

3. It's impossible that Ancel is working on this project since he stated his involvement on the Rayman series will return after BG&E2 and WiLD are completed.
Droolie wrote:I believe it's coming sooner or later, especially since Ancel wants to do a Rayman 4, which would be a good time to make the public to remember Rayman 1, 2 and 3
That would be a smart move, since the games are now more then a decade old, however I personally think it's somewhat unnecessary, they all stood the test of time considerably well and I don't think that remaking them will improve much graphics aside.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Hm I guess all we can do at this point is wait. Btw welcome to the forum! :D
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
jonas333
Master Kaag
Tings: 6855

Post by jonas333 »

Could easily be a fake account, so don't jump on the hype train just yet. If they'd ever do a remaster it would be a simple ''HD'' port like Rayman 3 HD was, but now releasing to the new consoles like PS4 and Xbox One. I suspect no graphical improvement other than an up scaled resolution.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

The fact that the name is just "Ancel" is extremely fishy. Why would he oversee the account personally and, even if he did, why put just his last name?
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I'd like to believe it but I know that it can't be true. I really wanna see Rayman 4 though, at least that might happen. Murfy lied to us all by saying "see you in Rayman 4" unless the game really happens :mrgreen:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Now that I've watched the video it's clearly fake.
"Someone" discovered the account, somehow knew its name before it was changed, watched the account and noticed the change and even the exact time when it was changed, then "someone" tried the "forgot your password" thing and got the email address... Yeah, nice try. :lol:

By the way, OP is also the creator of the thread on the Italian Crash Zone forum which is the only other place I can find (other than the YouTube video and here) where people are talking about this. I wonder if this is a coincidence? On that other place the OP does not mention the video and instead says the staff of the site made the discovery. Are you sure you are not the source of the news, or even the owner of that Twitter account, danyq94? :P
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

Early April Fools prank, perhaps? :P
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

lol seriously just lol :P

I think we gotta call shenanigans on this one :mryellow:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique
Tings: 25637

Post by StelzenBomber »

jonas333 wrote:Could easily be a fake account, so don't jump on the hype train just yet. If they'd ever do a remaster it would be a simple ''HD'' port like Rayman 3 HD was, but now releasing to the new consoles like PS4 and Xbox One. I suspect no graphical improvement other than an up scaled resolution.
rayman 3 hd already is one xone so rereleasing it again on there would be...yea
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Post by Greeness »

I thought that may be the case, it just looked too amateur for being the official Twitter account of a Rayman reamaster.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
danyq94
Lums Rouge

Post by danyq94 »

Droolie wrote:Now that I've watched the video it's clearly fake.
"Someone" discovered the account, somehow knew its name before it was changed, watched the account and noticed the change and even the exact time when it was changed, then "someone" tried the "forgot your password" thing and got the email address... Yeah, nice try. :lol:

By the way, OP is also the creator of the thread on the Italian Crash Zone forum which is the only other place I can find (other than the YouTube video and here) where people are talking about this. I wonder if this is a coincidence? On that other place the OP does not mention the video and instead says the staff of the site made the discovery. Are you sure you are not the source of the news, or even the owner of that Twitter account, danyq94? :P
Nope, I follow the youtuber for some time and after watching the video I did the thread on my forum too.
Since I have been following Pirate Community for a long time without registering, I thought about registering myself thinking of bringing good news, but if you say it's fake then I know that I fell into this joke :/

Unfortunately it is not the first time that we find something on our website (between rumor and true news) that are then literally copied from video game sites without even mentioning us. So that initial disclaimer is due to the fact that we would like those who copy the news from our site to quote us, that's all.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I find it funny how people fail to acknowledge how Rayman is a completely separate deal from Crash and Spyro. They used the same gameplay and mechanics throughout their respective series, but each Rayman game is done from the ground up and have virtually nothing in common. Remastering them would take an inordinate amount of time, and he's nowhere near as recognised as the other two.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

They seem a bit similar since they're all fictional characters, but the only thing the games might even have in common is if a couple use the same game engine which even then has nothing to do with similarities. The same game engine can be used for 2 completely different games and you'd never even know it was the same engine as it can still have very different mechanics.

Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

danyq94 wrote:Nope, I follow the youtuber for some time and after watching the video I did the thread on my forum too.
Since I have been following Pirate Community for a long time without registering, I thought about registering myself thinking of bringing good news, but if you say it's fake then I know that I fell into this joke :/

Unfortunately it is not the first time that we find something on our website (between rumor and true news) that are then literally copied from video game sites without even mentioning us. So that initial disclaimer is due to the fact that we would like those who copy the news from our site to quote us, that's all.
In that case, I'm sorry. But yeah, everything about it screams fake.
Adsolution wrote:I find it funny how people fail to acknowledge how Rayman is a completely separate deal from Crash and Spyro. They used the same gameplay and mechanics throughout their respective series, but each Rayman game is done from the ground up and have virtually nothing in common. Remastering them would take an inordinate amount of time, and he's nowhere near as recognised as the other two.
Yeah, no way something like Crash N. Sane Trilogy happens for Rayman. If anything an HD collection would be a simple resolution update with maybe upscaled textures, no different from Capcom's recent HD ports (e.g. Okami HD, Devil May Cry HD Collection, Dragon's Dogma HD). I think it's feasible if they just port Rayman 3 HD, Rayman 3D and Rayman Classic.
I would appreciate a Rayman Revolution port though.
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

I think it's someone who is benefiting from the Spyro Remake account (which seems to be real), I mean, it even has a description and the avatar for Rayman when it doesn't even have been announced, it's like "Look, YES THIS IS A RAYMAN TRILOGY!". It could be real, and I mean, Ubisoft would be silly if they haven't thought in remastering Rayman's trilogy with all these remasters/remakes and the platform games coming back, but I think this is fake.

Also, wasn't a Ubisoft person in this forum? Maybe she could say if this is fake.
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

Un italiano qui non me lo sarei mai aspettato, almeno non sono più da solo :hinhin:
Either way, I would definitely enjoy Rayman 3 on the go, it's my dream because for now portable gamecube emulation hasn't been very good.
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account