Your last dream

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Your last dream

Post by PluMGMK »

Steo wrote:Maybe the freezing glitch was my mind trying to throw The Bog Of Murk into the works :P
I'd actually believe it!

Last night I dreamed the Sway Hackathon was actually happening in my university and there were loads of people congregated there watching it. I decided to have a look, but I was told I needed a ticket. I asked why on earth I would need a ticket, since I had already backed the IndieGoGo project. I was asked to just produce evidence of this then, so I whipped out my phone. But then, as I tried to find the relevant emails, it kept crashing and I reasoned that surely, as hackers themselves, they could understand that my self-built software wasn't the most stable. It didn't wash, and I was turned away, and I realized I'd a lecture to get to anyway. :sad:
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

I wish I had a dream where I can see the steamed hams and aurora borealis all in one place. Even if it is in someone's kitchen.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I didn't have any dreams today,but if I did, I'd dream about swimming in the waters of Murk. Just to see if it's cold enough for me.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

That reminds me of a dream I had about swimming in the waters of the Sanctuary of Water and Ice (yes, the piranha-infested ones). That was four years ago…
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

PluMGMK wrote:That reminds me of a dream I had about swimming in the waters of the Sanctuary of Water and Ice (yes, the piranha-infested ones). That was four years ago…
So you too dream about that? I had a dream about that quite awhile back it was great! There weren't any piranhas in my dream though.:wink:
After all you can change anything in a dream right?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Mine too! It was more of a refreshing dip, despite the general gloomy atmosphere.
Actually, that was my final year in secondary school, so swimming carefree in piranha-infested waters may have been symbolic of my attitude towards exams and such…
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I can understand that. It represented freedom for me, bc my parents were very strict when I was in high school ever since my grades started dropping and I started getting in trouble more often, but that's bc I was a lot more rebellious and wanting to do things my own way. Hated my Spanish IV teacher SO much.
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

I had an incredibly strange experience last night, where I was able to wilfully enter a state of sleep paralysis twice.

I was up until about 5 in the morning watching the collected footage of This House Has People In It, and I started to nod off with all kinds of creepy images in my head.
Just as I was about to fall asleep I thought of something particularly creepy (I can’t remember what exactly), and I felt a sudden feeling as though my mind was plummeting into a state of unconsciousness. I managed to fight the feeling and stay awake, and that’s when I was sleep paralysed.
I was awake and could look around my field of vision, but I couldn’t move at all and it felt as though my body was being tugged from every side, as though lots of little arms were fighting to pull me off the bed. On top of that I could hear an almost indescribable sound that was somewhat like an intermittent popping over a nail scratching against a chalk board.

I managed to regain control over my body after a minute or two and things returned to normal, but I was still very tired and slipping into sleep. I decided to try doing it again, so I thought of something creepy (I imagined a disembodied illuminated face in the corner of my room watching me, it was the first thing that came to mind) and I suddenly felt that plummeting feeling again, and I was sleep paralysed a moment later. Same sound in my head, and I noticed my vision felt kind of off as though I was imagining my room rather than seeing it, but my eyes were definitely open. I looked around to see if there were any hallucinations of monsters in my room which is apparently common with sleep paralysis, but there was nothing I could see.

Next time I feel that plummeting feeling I think I’ll try and let go and see what happens if I actually fall asleep. I’ve felt the feeling a few times in my life before before while falling asleep, but I’ve never given in to it; when you’re “slipping away” you get this profound feeling of dread, as if something terrible would happen if I'd let myself fall asleep. When I think about it now it seems absurd but at the time it felt like if I fell asleep I might get some kind of brain damage or have a really terrible nightmare.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

My turn. :baille: So yeah, I actually had a sleep paralysis experience last night, but it was in waking up. I actually felt like I narrowly avoided being possessed! I don't want to go into all the details because I'd probably sound like a real nutjob, but I think what really happened was that I had my hand supporting my head under one of my pillows for some reason, then reflexively pulled it out while asleep, and the resulting loss of support triggered a panic attack.
I actually had a fairly stressful day yesterday, so I figured my dreams wouldn't be all that pleasant, but I wasn't expecting anything that scary…
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

My last dream huh ? So, well, where should I start at...

I was in a hill, in a snowy set up, but there wasn't that much snow... Imagine Silent Hill, but with a lot less fog...

So I wasn't able to tell the way I got there, but knew why, I was sent there to retrieve a scientist who had died in a car crash caused by an helicopter, the thing being, that in that village I was... People were living their deaths again and again, leaving me at 00:00 with the possibility of retrieving him from the spirit world while the it collides with ours, that village being the sordid bridge between their world and ours.
My loadout was simple, C4, a gun as an only way of defending myself, with very few bullets and clips. I was wearing my daily clothes, shirt, leather jacket and explorer jeans.

The first objective I had was to blow an entire gas stock facility, long abandoned, to create a diversion and attract all the monstrosities and mutants living in that city, the explosion would be loud and big enough to attract them while I investigate another part of the city when night falls.

So I made my way to the facility, the weather was cold and the wind even colder, I could feel it in my bones as I walked. I made a quite big distance, and on the top of a stone stair, the basement was there, it looked more like a wooden garage, but very big, I pushed the door and went in, something seemed to be inside and watching me, there was windows made of very thin glass that was letting a lot of light inside, so I went in, I saw some heavy machinery, and bottles of gas, so I planted the explosives and went out, I started running as I felt something was following me, I was quickly out of breath because of the lack of oxygen in the hills, and my vision blurred, so I took the explosive's controls, and detonated them, the result of the explosion were terrifying, more and more mutants were keeping coming, and a lot of them were living under the facility, so I ran to my hideout, while an increasing number of them kept following my, I brutally opened the door of the abandoned hotel that was used as my hideout, and shut it as hard as I opened it, I went inside, and a long wooden corridor with a door was standing forward to me, and I could hear the muties furiously bangin the door I was standing against, for some reason I had a flash of me being surrounded by them, before seeing myself being attacked, without the hope of surviving, deeply lacerated and bleeding taking out my gun to try to lay a few shots before dying in agony and being eaten alive.

So I followed the corridor, it was dark, but some kind of light seemed to come from the door I was heading to.
I opened it, and found myself in my hideout, the detonator still in my jacket's pocket, undetonated, for some reason.
I took it out, and detonated it, the facility exploded again and I could see a lot of things converging to the explosion from an observation point.

I sat next to a window, my gun in hand, and fell asleep, I woke up at night, just a bit before midnight as my watch indicated.

I decided to go to the helicopter crash area, through the back exit of the hotel, that was giving right to a yard, itself leading to a dark street.
My gun in hand, I braced myself, and went out. everything was dark, but I could still see, there was a lot of ghosts, and they were producing some light, I avoided them while making my way to an abandoned hospital that seemed to have been bombed in order to reach the crashed helicopter. There was oddly some yellowish light lighting the corridors of the ruined basement, there was a wheelchair on my way, to the other side, I was careful enough to not drive any attention towards me, and made my way outside, jumping through a window.

I finally reached the crash site, and midnight popped in, so I was seeing the whole city reliving it's own death, as it did, I managed in some awkward way, to prevent the accident and save the scientist, and as I did, I heard a distinct scream, seeming to come from the entire village, I had taken something from them, now they were to take it back, and me with it, for me to live my death till the end of times.

So I quickly evacuated the scientist back to the hideout before radioing for help, but for some reason, as I ran, I seemed to be less and less lucid... And I woke up.

That dream was like... Monday ? I made another one tonight, but less interesting, since I have to soon go to work, I'll post it later.

It was really thrilling...
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

He's back! :D (If I'd known you were going to start posting these again I'd probably have given all the details of my previous one. :P)
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito »

Now you better spit it. XD
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

I had a dream where I was watching baseball and the New York Yankees team traded for a player from the Athletics. In this dream he was like 35 pounds heavier and couldn't even run to first base, he was just jogging along like it was nothing. :P
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

This must clearly be related to the poll thread.

Anyway I wasn't even thinking about it or anything but for some reason had a dream last night that I had Nick Toons again and I was watching Spongebob. Then for some Reason Doug came on. I haven't seen Doug in a long time :lol:

Weird right?
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Well actually, right now just thinking about it, I haven't had any dreams lately and I don't know why. I've heard that playing video games can actually improve your dreams, but it doesn't help for me.
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Aaron wrote:Well actually, right now just thinking about it, I haven't had any dreams lately and I don't know why. I've heard that playing video games can actually improve your dreams, but it doesn't help for me.
I've never actually heard about that theory. Interesting.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I feel dreams literally just rely on your thoughts during the day. Sometimes it's random though because you could think about stuff for hours then not have a dream and you can think about it about something for 5 seconds early in the day then dream about it.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Hm, maybe that video game theory works. This morning before I woke up I had this strange dream that I was witnessing the world ending, by way of the sun colliding with the earth. It was a very strange surreal moment since I was out in space in this dream. Yeesh...

Come to think of it, I used to always daydream when I was in highschool-college too. I wonder...
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I guess this is a bit more of a nightmare but I for some reason dreamt that my father passed away and I'm really freaked out over it.

In the dream I just heard the news and spent a long time being extremely upset thinking of all the times we went fishing and how I'd never see him again.

Then when I found myself in my bed the relief is literally the biggest sigh of relief I've ever felt in my entire life... Phew :fou2:

I'm still pretty freaked out as to why I had that dream though.

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I definitely don't like experiencing dreams like that, sometimes it makes me wish I could choose which dreams I could forget. It pains me to admit it, but whenever I have a dream/nightmare that's as horrible as that I end up waking up crying and very freaked out. (nobody laugh at me people can cry! I just...do so more often than most people... :? )