Music from the past vs. Today's music

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Music from the past or today?

Past
40%
Today
5%
Both
55%

Total votes: 20

Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Re: Music from the past vs. Today's music

Post by Rulez »

Greeness wrote:But is this issue really such a determining factor to the quality of a song?
No. Who said so?
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Post by Greeness »

The question was geared more towards Steo's original post, which made this seem like a much more integral issue then it actually is.
Steo wrote: What I really hate about today's music is auto tuning. If you can't sing then don't!
But after looking deeper into the conversation, it appears like that wasn't the case.
Steo wrote:autotune isn't so bad in moderation especially in studio recording for pitch altering, but the people that literally can't sing at all and try pass themselves off as brilliant singers, then have people want to grow up to be like their idol is what bothers me really. Sometimes that robotic voice is done on purpose and Daft Punk even use it a lot too, but I don't mind that in some songs.

When people use it to an extent where it's not that noticeable that's cool. I don't expect anyone ever to be able to sing 100% perfect, maybe even 5 to 10 cents off on some notes might not even be so noticeable if even at all but you get what I mean.
Also, I realize that I've never posted anything on the actual topic of this thread, I'll choose past.

A trend that I've noticed with modern music is the overreliance on synthetic scores, it was obvious that the evolution of computer technology would lead to this, and for the most part they are used effectively to the point now where synth has the ability to mimic real instruments, but I personally have always preferred the outcome of creating music with real instruments.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Oh yeah that's another one. I definitely prefer real instruments though again there are some songs I like that don't use them either.

I'd just like to point out also looking back, that when I said bad things about some of the new music, there are some older songs I do and don't like too. I did vote for both and there are a lot of older songs I like, but I like some new music too.

Everyone likes different music, some people just can't stand certain genres which is normal, so when I voice my opinion on music, I have to just remember that the ones I don't like aren't bad, I just don't personally like them :)

My point is that my post does look harsh looking back and I respect peoples decisions to like music I don't like, instead of calling what I don't like crap, that stuff I call crap sounds amazing to another persons ears.

Besides if I complain about the new music I'm just going to sound like my parents :mrgreen:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Fifo,soleil,quenelle
Super Lums Jaune
Tings: 195

Post by Fifo,soleil,quenelle »

Music's ok as long as it's not Bruno Mars shitty songs.
La quenelle se décline en plusieurs tailles, à jauger en fonction du succès de l’action : petite quenelle, quenelle de 12, quenelle de 40, de 175, quenelle épaulée, etc. Plus la quenelle est longue, plus, bien entendu, le bras d’honneur est profond et procure satisfaction à son auteur. :)
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Steo wrote:Oh yeah that's another one. I definitely prefer real instruments though again there are some songs I like that don't use them either.

I'd just like to point out also looking back, that when I said bad things about some of the new music, there are some older songs I do and don't like too. I did vote for both and there are a lot of older songs I like, but I like some new music too.

Everyone likes different music, some people just can't stand certain genres which is normal, so when I voice my opinion on music, I have to just remember that the ones I don't like aren't bad, I just don't personally like them :)

My point is that my post does look harsh looking back and I respect peoples decisions to like music I don't like, instead of calling what I don't like crap, that stuff I call crap sounds amazing to another persons ears.

Besides if I complain about the new music I'm just going to sound like my parents :mrgreen:
As long as I find music that I like, I'm happy. That's why I chose ____
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote
Tings: 2845

Post by Lil_DRE »

My signature says it all, quite deductible.
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou: