What games are you currently playing?

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

For the time being, I am playing samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends. Not a hard game But it is little annoying especially with the highest difficulty there is. The enemies tend to do more damage than usual When the difficulty is cranked up higher, which is Kinda retarded.

You just gotta know When the A.I. attacks, how it attacks with a character and what moveset it Would use according to its distance away from you.

One hit KO dash attacks from the enemy generic officers isn't something to make a plaything of.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Trying the xbox version of Rayman 3 and you definitely can jump that fraction higher.

Also you get used to Rayman 1 but it's hard at first ;)
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Still playing Rayman 3 for GC, still at TSBTC.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

All this E3 commotion got me distracted but:

Persona 2 Innocent Sin:

Wow, just wow. From start to finish I don't think I've ever experienced a Persona game with a plot as batshit insane as Innocent Sin's. From start to finish I was hooked on this one, it not only had one of the best stories of any Persona title I've played but one of the best most diverse cast of characters. I'm absolutely in love with this new cast of characters. A lot of them have similar traits to characters we see in later Persona titles- but these characters feel far more realized and interesting. Eikichi is a lot like Kanji, or if you want to go back, Reiji from Persona 1, he's the hot-headed, narcissistic dude, but you can't help but love him despite his insecurities. I also absolutely love Maya, her optimistic attitude she uses to cover her shady past make her such a viable leader to the team next to Tatsuya.

Persona 2 has quite possibly one of the most interesting premises of the other Persona titles I've played. Rumors start becoming reality which puts Sumaru City at risk, alongside the Joker phenomenon. An urban legend in which if you phone the joker, your wishes will be granted. This all culminates into an adventure with the group fighting off these reality altering rumors, all while revealing past events and a "sin" the group committed that ultimately lead to the current events that unfold and learning the identity of the Joker. Because of the rumors coming to life, the plot gets totally unpredictable at every turn. This all culminates into the prophecized return of an ancient alien civilization that dwells in a UFO beneath the city, which will be used to grant the wish of any holder, which leads into the resurrection of the Fuhrer (Adolf Hitler, yes, really) himself. Eventually, you have two factions fighting for control of Xibalba (the UFO), which ultimately leads to the extinction of the world itself. Yes, Persona 2's ending, is not a happy one, but it's a damn powerful one. The game's antagonists end up fulfilling this prophecy and ultimately bring an end to the earth itself. The group resets the events of the current world- giving rise to an alternate timeline, which follows up on the sequel, Eternal Punishment. Persona 2, even being a fairly shorter RPG, had one of the most powerful cliffhangers ever. I feel like a big message/moral in this game was dreams, and what means we use to achieve them, how they build our character, along with family, for reasons I won't go deep into.

Gameplay has a lot of familiar elements from Persona 1. But one change I've noticed is that they've gotten rid of the sort of weirdly attached tactical RPG-vibe that felt out of place in Persona 1, where you had to position your character in certain areas, in favor of a more traditional turn-based battle system. Battles definitely feel a lot slower, even with the auto-battle function, yet they still feel a lot more interesting than Persona 1, likely due to the enhanced presentation. Demon negotiation is back in full swing, and it's made even more fleshed out here. You still have to make demons eager, but you can also make them happy to have them form a pact with you which shares a bunch of benefits.

Unfortunately, I do have one big negative point I want to speak about for P2's gameplay, and that's the means of obtaining new Persona's. Every Persona and SMT title I've played up to date has fusing, an addictive mechanic where you fuse two or more demons, or cards to get a new Persona. Demon summoning has been made overly complicated in this title. When negotiating with demons, they do not join you, or give you their "spell cards," simply put, there is no fusing in this game at all. Instead, you summon Personas by collecting tarot cards as a form of currency, which you get through negotiating. When you negotiate with particular demons you get some tarot cards from their respective arcana, to summon demons in that arcana. This not only made summoning needlessly complicated, it made demon negotiation an absolute mess and repetitive. If you make demons happy during a negotiation and form a pact with them, you can earn some "free" tarot cards, which allows you to use for any arcana Persona, but this still doesn't help much.

I absolutely love the dungeons this time around, easily some of my favorite in the series. They ditched the old school, traditional dungeon crawling, first-person perspective dungeons in favor of an overhead, third-person view. Not a single dungeon in the game felt like it dragged on for too long, they were all the perfect length, and I hope the sequel, Eternal Punishment, continues this trend.

Music can be dark at times, not nearly to the length of Persona 1 for PS1 though. It does have some upbeat tunes, and you're able to switch between the PS1 soundtrack (a feature which the PSP remake of Persona 1 didn't allow.) Even with this though, the PSP remake didn't heavily alter or change the soundtrack like Persona 1's PSP remake did, the songs instead are just all remixed.

I think P2 is where the series became noticeably more stylized. I understand that Persona 3 changed the series so drastically as a means of seperating itself from the mainline Shin Megami Tensei series, but I think Persona 2 did this just fine. The pacing, even without all the social links, and life simulator elements, felt perfect.

It's very funny how Persona 2 is the black sheep of the series, a lot of people say people shy away from it due to archaic/dated elements, but not once did I ever feel like the game was dated. If anything, Persona 3 feels way more dated than 2: AI party members you can't control, the inability to switch between multiple Persona's, etc. If anything Persona 2 has been by far, the easiest Persona title I've ever played, bosses are incredibly forgiving and never did I feel like the game cheaped me out.

Overall I'd highly recommend Persona 2: Innocent Sin to fans of the series. Unfortunately, Innocent Sin is only half of Persona 2, the series is a duology, and I'm looking forward to starting Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
PopuriAO29
Barbara
Tings: 12265

Post by PopuriAO29 »

Bakugan Battle Brawlers

Thank goodness i went play Bakugan Battle Brawlers PS2. You see, Everytime i play as Runo, which it's my favorite character.
Although i can use player character when i have memory card ps2.
Oh btw, it's PAL-M7, Guess i choose spanish language, But don't worry, i feel doing well when i want play that game.

In other words, I have that save data on my memory card ps2 32MB, Though i wonder when i want buy bakugan as well cards (including gate card).
But no worries, I wish i could play that game, so it should be fine then.

Aikatsu! 3DS

The Last time i tried play game for Aikatsu! My No.1 Stage, eventually i had play this game and it's pretty cute.
Whoever knows I got 5 Games for Aikatsu 3DS, In other words, let me ask when i got Rayman 2 3DS that it was ported from PC/N64.

Anyway, I play some other games for Aikatsu, for example: Aikatsu! Both of my princesses, which indicates 2 characters are included
Following: Dream Academy and Starlight School. Well perhaps we know what i want play this game, But let me know when i'm going play Aikatsu Stars 3DS!
Titled: My Special Appeal

The Embed Discord (See how much members being online):
When you see ">", use the discord button (above) to join.

Hmm... Is my rhythm right...? -Kanon Matsubara
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Great review Rayfist! I look forward to seeing what you think of Eternal Punishment! I think the PSP remake of this is in Japanese, but the original has an English version I think. (Japanese...yet another language I wish to learn).

I have to pick up the pace on all the games I have to play, but there are so many and even when I finish some, new ones get added to my list. I've added some GTA to my list, but currently dealing with Rayman Advance for something special and Rayman 3 for regular gameplay. I have to practice there to get my score up,
Alexinator
Paluchard
Tings: 545

Post by Alexinator »

Some flash games.
Birds858
Creveton
Tings: 28481

Post by Birds858 »

I play Ratchet and Clank 1 on PS2, it’s last game from the R&C PS2 trilogy that i haven’t tested yet.
Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Rayman Advance and Rayman 3 for GC. Sometime I want to record this glitchless walkthrough I'm trying to do.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

The Jonster wrote:Great review Rayfist! I look forward to seeing what you think of Eternal Punishment! I think the PSP remake of this is in Japanese, but the original has an English version I think. (Japanese...yet another language I wish to learn).
Thanks, Jonster. I'm playing through it currently at a fairly slow pace due to a lot of things happening at once in life at the moment. I own the ps1 version of the game. Interesting little tidbit though, I played the game on my ps2 and I think it's the first game I've ever played with compatibility issues. Menus have framerate issues, and the text flickers a lot. When I put the disc in my original PS1, these problems were gone. Yeah, I'm aware of the PSP remake, I'm really confused as to why they kept that remake Japan only? I think it released in 2012 which is a pretty damn late PSP game, and they probably wanted to market the vita here as much as they could with P4 golden, my guess at least. It's a shame too... I heard Eternal Punishment has an extra scenario exclusive to PSP, so I guess I'll never know what that will be.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Birds858
Creveton
Tings: 28481

Post by Birds858 »

I replay Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom on PS2, a underrated masterpiece.
Steo wrote:"Don't you Know, About the bird ?
Well, Steo gonna tell you about the bird
A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word
A well a bird Surfin' bird B-b-b aah, aah!
Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa Pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa, pa pa pa pa
Papa, ooma mow mow Papa, ooma mow mow!"

Birds858 wrote:
The Jonster wrote:Alright I have this one then which still amuses me a little since it brought up waifus.

Birds858 wrote:The most hottest Rayman characters is obviously Count Razoff.
It’s not awesome, it’s a fact.

Rayman 3 PS2 Score :
FC: 23977 | CF: 58813 | BOM: 35256 | LOTLD: 81011 | DOTK: 58659 | LS: 31220 | SBTC: 34536 | HH: 44581 | TOTL: 48670 | Total: 416723
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

FECKITY FECK! I'm still not done with them! :lol:

I'm going to finish my fecking recordings today and nothign will hopefully stop me! :D
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Highly doubt anyone reads these anymore, but I may as well leave my thoughts:

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Not as strong as Innocent Sin's plot, but it is the conclusion to the duology, and on that note, it succeeds. This game seriously has a major case of groundhog day, events from Innocent Sin repeat themselves. Joker, a UFO, a group of cultists, etc. The difference is a lot of this is intentional. It's kind of hard to talk about Eternal Punishment without spoiling, so I will try my hardest. Maya Amano is the protagonist this time around, which at first, I was thrilled to hear... but having played through the game, I don't think I am super happy with the decision. Maya is supposed to be the optimist of the group, the one who always looks ahead even in the worst situations. We get... some of that, through minor dialogue options, but she mostly takes the back seat because of the fact she's the protagonist. I honestly think it might've been better if Katsuya was the protagonist, being Tatsuya's brother and all, but I understand the reason they used Maya was due to the bond between her and Tatsuya, which is especially prevalent in this game.

Maya investigates the Joker case, a series of homicides in which if one dials their own number, the joker will kill on request. This leads Maya to a group of cultists called the New World Order who are trying to create Jokers as a means of extracting their Kegare (sin). This group starts to spread their influence in all forms of media, and popularize a fortune telling game called Wang Long to manipulate reality altering rumors (which are also a thing in this timeline.) This is of course is a plan by Nyarlathotep to once again, orchestrate the downfall of humanity.

My problem with EP's plot is that it relied too much on Innocent Sin that it really couldn't stand on it's own. It was questionable at best that this game was released in the US first before Innocent Sin, which we didn't receive until years later over here. There were MANY instances in the main story where they reference crucial events from Innocent Sin, and I really can't recommend playing this one first for that reason. Technically, you COULD play without having played IS, but I feel like it was a lot more impactful having come off IS.

That being said, the new cast of characters are great. Baofu is one of my favorites. He's a really cold, and a reclusive person who wire taps phones and monitors people. He's essentially trying to make amends with events that occured in the past, which I won't spoil too heavily. I absolutely love his constant banter with Katsuya though, the brother of Tatsuya, and a police officer who is upholding his own sense of justice, despite the Police department he works with asking him to end it. I heard few people say he was one dimensional, but I don't fully agree. He might have been serious a lot- but he was very affectionate too towards Maya, which kind of gave him a softer side. Overall though, I can't say I liked these characters as much as Innocent Sin, they're missing that spark that made IS's so good. That being said though, this is the first and only time we had a cast of full adult characters in a Persona game, and I REALLY want to see this done again in a future title.

Having played this on PS1, the game is a straight downgrade from Innocent Sin's PSP remake. It's a god damn shame Atlus never localized the PSP remake- it's even missing an entire additional scenario with Tatsuya. Battles are a bit more complicated and slow now- instead of picking one move at a time for each individual member, you have to strategize and pick all moves at once before initiating a battle, this made battles REALLY drag out. I have no idea if it was still like this in the remake. Also (and I'm not sure if this was the case with Innocent Sin), but I notice you can contact with more than 3 people at a time, so interaction options with demons are plentiful. One thing I really should note is that Eternal Punishment really lives up to its name. While Innocent Sin was a very carefree experience, EP does not hold your hand- I had to constantly grind for tarot cards to summon new Personas and constantly switch my setup each dungeon because some of these bosses can do major damage to you no matter how much preparation. The final boss in particular gave me a REALLY hard time, even while my group had our ultimate Persona's, we could hardly dent this dude with any fusion spells, and it was pure luck I was able to beat this boss. Fusion spells are heavily emphasized in this battle, and are more important then ever before. So as long as you summon new Persona's and grind often (take advantage of that Wang Long fortune telling for double EXP) you'll be fine.

Overall I don't have a whole lot else to say on the gameplay that I haven't already stated in IS. This game also took me a REALLY long time, so long in fact that the timer wouldn't even exceed over 100 hours. I did spend my time talking to all the NPCs in town every time a new event occurred. NPC dialogue would change in both IS and EP constantly based off new happenings, and I absolutely love that- makes the world feel super dynamic. But yeah, EP really drags on for a long time because of the slower battles, menus, etc. It's very tough to transition to after the PSP remake of Innocent Sin, but the conclusion is very worth it. You get the true ending that Innocent Sin didn't provide, and it was a nice way of ending the duology. With this I finished all the mainline Persona games, and I really do love this series!
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
PopuriAO29
Barbara
Tings: 12265

Post by PopuriAO29 »

Right, that was long time when i play Aikatsu Photo on Stage. and you know what?
Photokatsu has officially terminated service in July 11, 2018.

In other words, there were no new events in future. And i wish i wanted play photokatsu. since it was good game.
Finally... I was finishing scenario for Photokatsu Final Live, well one of crossover with Aikatsu Stars. so it's why we know about more.
During loading screen, it takes a short time. since it might be Redeem Shiny Stars.

I guess there's no new event for aikatsu photo on stage. and i wish if there is Mobile game for Aikatsu in future.
Or... Nintendo Switch for Aikatsu?

In other words, i play 3DS Aikatsu game, so that's what there is no games in future. I only play Aikatsu 365 Idol Days, My no.1 Stage, and My Special Appeal.
Well i don't think so what i say, but i guess Photokatsu is dead. I just downloaded wallpaper for Photokatsu, so i had treasure it ever.

Good bye, Photokatsu. it is one of sadness about the game lot songs for Idol Activities.

The Embed Discord (See how much members being online):
When you see ">", use the discord button (above) to join.

Hmm... Is my rhythm right...? -Kanon Matsubara
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

I am currently playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.
I know what's coming in the game because of walkthrough and let's plays and at the same time, it is my first time playing it.

I am now looking Back at it Since I am playing it now and there are many hidden things in it that located in places that I could easily memorise But because of not looking too long at a certain let's play that I liked that tend to take the strategic approach, so I might have to take a look at it again to get used to seeing it again.
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Currently preparing to go back into Rayman 2 for the PS version so I can start recording. I can't wait to do another challenge soon! :)
But no rush.
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

I finished Nier: Automata not so long ago, and it was a great experience. Thinking about doing a new game+, that I usually never do in games.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I'm still just playing around on the UbiArt games lately. I need to play something other than Rayman sometimes but I'm so addicted to the game :lol:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Same, hehe :)
Roma10
Lums Rouge
Tings: 50

Post by Roma10 »

Currently playing Rayman 3 and some flash games - rooftop snipers and my fav tank trouble.
Last edited by Roma10 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You are too much close to see!