Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Show off your arty creativity here! Post fanfics, paintings, drawings, and anything Rayman that you have made!

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Pipann
Bzzit
Tings: 58710

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark

Post by Pipann »

Scaremongering happens a lot lmao I just read the article and make my own judgement :P

you can check it out here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directive ... Article_11
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Meerjel01
Incrediball
Tings: 365

Post by Meerjel01 »

Any idea when it'll be done? Will it be released on consoles? (Always saw computers as non-gaming tools)
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

I heard bots will scan copyright content of multimedia uploads in the future.
Meerjel01
Incrediball
Tings: 365

Post by Meerjel01 »

gamerz31w wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 pm I heard bots will scan copyright content of multimedia uploads in the future.
:(
Pipann
Bzzit

Post by Pipann »

gamerz31w wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 pm I heard bots will scan copyright content of multimedia uploads in the future.
:roll:

Possibly. However it would more likely alert the copyright holder first, since it's their stuff so a bot would have no right to take immediate action (unless it is told to by the copyright holder). Also, such a bot already exists for quite a while now. It's called Youtube Content ID which checks for copyrighted music and warns the author if it finds any. They can also set a default choice, I think, which is usually that the vid gets monetized but the profit goes to them and not the uploader, which is totally fair if you ask me.

Regardless, any new bots tasked with checking music, video, images, etc would have to be more sophisticated and accurate than YT Content ID if they're ever to be any success. That costs many $$$$$$$$$ to code let alone update regularly. And then the question still remains if it'll work well enough or not.

I say we'll have plenty of time to panic when we learn the earth is in a collission course with an asteroid.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
julk4z
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by julk4z »

Hey guys! I have been following this thread for quite some years. Not really writing anything though but just silently watching once in a while :roll:

Rayman 1 was the first game I played on a PC and left quite an impression to me to this day :p I loved both Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 but anything after that was quite disappointing for me and many others... Then one day I came across your project and fell in love with your idea immediately :)

Just wanted to let you know that I think you all are doing a great job and are making lots of people happy with all of your work <3
You probably heard it enough times already, but I believe it's never too much. You guys are awesome :bigup:
Johanproducties
Oiseau Rouge
Tings: 135

Post by Johanproducties »

Hello guys, I have been following this project for some years now too. I just wanted to wish you luck! :D
Adamek2008
Créature
Tings: 310

Post by Adamek2008 »

amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg, when release ?
When Rayman Legends Sequel.
CoffeeNeko
Gandalf
Tings: 4106

Post by CoffeeNeko »

Adamek2008 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:31 pm amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg, when release ?
Probably not before a long time.
Or maybe ad just finished the game in secret and it's out tomorrow lmao i wish
Flibustier
Électoon

Post by Flibustier »

CoffeeNeko wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:39 pm
Adamek2008 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:31 pm amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg, when release ?
Probably not before a long time.
Or maybe ad just finished the game in secret and it's out tomorrow lmao i wish
Speaking of which, it would be nice to have a bit more infos about work in progress
Just some messages telling us that the game is still continuing, precise infos are not always needed, just some occasionnal signs of life would be cool
Even if it's to tell us that the work isn't in progress at the moment, or even that the project is over and will not continue, it's better than having no "official" news for more than 11 months...
I know that working on a project for so long can get you bored after so many years. For having mine for 4 years I completely understand that feeling you can have where you just want to retire from the community for some times (In fact, I also gave no signs of life to my community for about almost a year, and now it makes me regret that I don't gave them more news...) (TL;DR, No one cares about my life, I get it :oops2: )

Anyway, I hope no one is gonna find this message offensive or anything, I'm a big fan of this project and have been really impressed with all the work that we already saw, especially the musics that I find utterly brilliant !

And since no one already said it, I wish you all a happy new year, and hope the best will come to all of you ! :mrgreen:
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

What you're saying makes sense. Sometimes you can get bored of something after working on if for an extended period of time, or maybe even just realise that there's a lot more to it than you had expected, perhaps too much to handle.

I'd like if this was being worked on too, because it really is an amazing project.

Let's hope that 2019 is at least a little bit better than 2018. :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
crazyray08
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by crazyray08 »

Man I do hope we get some sort of huge update on the game. Its been like 6 years since the last big update.
Pipann
Bzzit

Post by Pipann »

We don't have much to show at this moment, but we're working on some of the main characters' models and a more solid system of easier animation using CAT rigs. We've also proudly welcomed a new animator and friend in our team, whom some of you may know by the name Coyotemation. His work can be found on youtube.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
crazyray08
Lums
Tings: 25

Post by crazyray08 »

You guys should really consider making a Twitter for RROTD, could help get a larger audience to be aware of the game :)
egmformula
Électoon

Post by egmformula »

Just throwing in my support. I've been an on and off lurker of these forums for the past few years, and it's only because of this game. The main thing I've kept coming back for though is the music. Cheryl truly is a gifted individual. Personally I think a lot of the music outdoes anything in the official Rayman games.

I can tell the project isn't dying any day soon so I'm not concerned about nothing being posted. I just know whatever day there's a part 34 to the OST is gonna be a good day :)
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

When eventually first demo might come out?
CaptainTyx
Piranha
Tings: 115

Post by CaptainTyx »

Hello there !

As i said in my presentation topic (in french part of the forum), I wanted to salute and show my support for this project i was following in the dark since years now, and glad to see its still on it way !

Keep up the good work then ! :D
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

How's the fangame progress going? Will this fangame be open world anyway?
anthony.philippeau
Feuillu
Tings: 1705

Post by anthony.philippeau »

Ma galerie de dessin à ce lien / My drawing galery at :
https://www.artstation.com/anthony-philippeau
12RayChienne9
Carnivora
Tings: 13017

Re: Rayman: Revenge of the Dark (Not Mine)

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Awesome!
I would love to play this game in one of the computers I have. :winkgrin: :hap:
I consider this fangame my favourite Rayman fangame because I love Rayman's appearance in Rayman 2.
I hope someday I will draw a fan art related to this fangame...