Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote
Tings: 2975

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

I am not sure.

2 possible scenerios I thought of.

1. any sharing of images, audio, live streaming and posibly uploaded files will be banned on these sites. All you can do is send text messages. They might even limit the amount of characters you can type.

2. Discord could just ban the eu from accesing Discord entirely.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

This is all nuts though, and it's bad enough that Brexit is happening while I'm in Ireland, surely that won't help when there's import taxes priced through the roof for anything I import from the UK.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

Basically, any copyrighted images, sound and text would be blocked on websites like Discord because they are a platform communicating to the people according to the eu.. The safest and cheapest and easiest thing Discord can do is restrict people in the eu to just sending text messages and limit the amount of characters per message. If you thought Twitter was bad, you saw nothing yet when it comes to character limits.

Now the reason Wikipedia has an exception is because its information and images go under fair use, and github already has the right to redistribute its files because of the open source licenses.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

European Parliament approved article 11 and 13.Discord have character letters limit of 2000 words Twitter have character letters of 200 words.
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

Discord's and Twitter's character limits would have to be even more restricted than that in the eu because they would be liable for any one that copies and pastes exact coppies of any articles.

The good news is that Article 11 allows for short extracts of any article to be copied and used without permision. So, I think once they find the right amount then that could be the standard for all websites in the eu. Some websites might make the character limit international in a final attempt to keep eu connected to other places in the world.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

My ADHD is starting to kind of get to me lately. Depending on my interest in something, I keep forgetting to do certain things, while overthinking on other subjects I should be able to just forget about, such as something that has upset me. I feel like in doing both of those, I'm unintentionally annoying/upsetting other people at times and it's making me feel really bad. The last thing I want to do is upset anyone. :(

Unfortunately, I'm just going to have to learn to cope with it, because I don't think I can really change myself at age 27.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

A good way to keep tabs, and not forget to things is to write a checklist. You can also type it of course.

Unless, that's not what you meant then, what do you mean by, depending on your interests in something you forget to do certian things?

One trick I found helpful at helping to forget things you might want to forget about is to picture an image
of that exact memory in your head and to picture in your head fire slowly burning that image kinda like it's erasing it, like an eraser. You'l have to do that a few times because a few images of that same memory will pop up. There were images coming up in my head of old friends I use to hang with and after doing that visual of the fire flaming those images a few times, while the images aren't erased completely I would have to intentionally think about them to see what ever was left, and the image of that memory wouldn't just pop up in my head when I didn't want it to.

How ever if this is recent stuff that is happening that you are worrying about, just give it time before you try to erase it from memory because someone will bring it back up.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Well taking notes is something I should be doing anyway, though that day I was just kind of overthinking about how not finishing things due to losing interest is so annoying. It is kind of annoying when you can be so easily sidetracked from something you don't have the best interest in, while you can also be so glued to doing one thing you're really interested in, so much that you won't even pay attention to anything happening around you.

It feels kinda silly that people could be talking about something and I could be like "hey look, a squirrel!" :lol:

Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Steo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:42 am My ADHD is starting to kind of get to me lately. Depending on my interest in something, I keep forgetting to do certain things, while overthinking on other subjects I should be able to just forget about, such as something that has upset me. I feel like in doing both of those, I'm unintentionally annoying/upsetting other people at times and it's making me feel really bad. The last thing I want to do is upset anyone. :(

Unfortunately, I'm just going to have to learn to cope with it, because I don't think I can really change myself at age 27.
I'm the same with the annoying people part, I never ever wanted to annoy anyone and like you said, it's the last thing I wanna do as my goal is always to make people's days by telling them jokes that they can laugh at and making them feel happy, though sometimes because of my autism I end up asking questions multiple times and sometimes even I don't know why I do that and that's what annoys other people.

However, I'm trying my best now to stop asking stuff several times for no reason as I know that will frustrate people and I definitely don't want that. Another thing that has been bothering me a lot lately is because I just can't, seriously just unable to not get annoyed when others provoke me, some of my classmates think that gives them a perfect reason to treat me like a target for using me all they want, being complete jerks (one of my classmates said I have an IQ of -200 today and that outraged me because I know of myself that I am a very smart, intelligent and competent person) and hurting me deeply mentally all they want. Like I can't let some stupid jerk say shit like that to me, that's way too rude, that's just wicked! Also, like I said before, when people say to me "don't let yourself get annoyed" it annoys me because I know people just can't do, seriously unable to do certain things and this is one of those things that I just can't do no matter how much I try because I've tried several times before.

I can relate to the sudden topic change too, I occasionally do that.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I mainly just annoy people by not finishing things I started or forgetting to do them altogether. It's mainly just real life stuff such as fixing something etc.

I've been through all that nonsense time and time again, but the only thing you can actually do is know that you're better than them, and better than they'll ever be. Watch in a few years when they amount to nothing and likely end up on drugs/in prison while you'll sit there enjoying life.

Even though they're annoying you, it's best not to show it to them, because they want a reaction. I know that's pretty sad, but they want a reaction for attention is all just because they have nothing better to do with their lives. I think a person that bullies others is usually insecure or just generally has a crap life, so they're just jealous that your life is better than theirs, rather than them trying to make their own one better. I bet you'll see who has -200IQ when you all take your exams and they fail theirs then waste their lives, since they're too busy picking on others to study and/or learn anything.

Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

Steo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:41 pm I mainly just annoy people by not finishing things I started or forgetting to do them altogether. It's mainly just real life stuff such as fixing something etc.

I've been through all that nonsense time and time again, but the only thing you can actually do is know that you're better than them, and better than they'll ever be. Watch in a few years when they amount to nothing and likely end up on drugs/in prison while you'll sit there enjoying life.

Even though they're annoying you, it's best not to show it to them, because they want a reaction. I know that's pretty sad, but they want a reaction for attention is all just because they have nothing better to do with their lives. I think a person that bullies others is usually insecure or just generally has a crap life, so they're just jealous that your life is better than theirs, rather than them trying to make their own one better. I bet you'll see who has -200IQ when you all take your exams and they fail theirs then waste their lives, since they're too busy picking on others to study and/or learn anything.
While I know one of my classmates who is very arrogant, incredibly uppish and thinks he's the king of the world thinking he has the right to do anything and how he always boasts to others about his strength and how he threatens people that are innocent while also being manipulative, what I know for sure is that how they're annoying people deliberately by calling them names, etc. (because it's literally the only thing that they can do in their lives that they actually enjoy for some reason (sickos)) will have some consequences in the future.

Another thing, it incredibly frustrates me when people go on about something for a long time not actually getting to their point (I know mine wasn't that bad), I sometimes do it too by accident, so if you see me doing it, I'm sorry.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I think life it too short to be an arrogant asshole to others, it's best to act civilised and only tell people off if they're constantly being rude to you. It doesn't cost any money to be nice to people.

Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

Yeah, also they are constantly being rude to me, so rude in fact that it's just indescribable. Also, yeah it doesn't cost any money to be nice, same goes for helping others and so on. They allow themselves way too much and they're just overall toxic. They will, and I guarantee that all of this will hurl back at them one day and they'll regret annoying people all the time because they'll know it was horrible for them to do that. They'll look back at their younger selves and they'll be like: "Was this really me? Was this actually who I was?".
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

A lot of people are assholes as teenagers because they go through a phase. Thankfully the majority of them grow up and mature, though the ones that don't go down a bad road. Either way it will all fall back on them in the end if they don't actually mature with age.

gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

May I ask what happened with user Ambiextroid? She was member of this forum I just don't care too much about it,but maybe it's none of my business perhaps it was very rude to wonder what could happen? However I don't regret that I asked you generally guys. I mean it seems she's no longer active so what could happened?
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I thought he was a man? :P

Either way he's busy because he's in uni iirc. Probably has a lot of studying to be doing.

gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

Also what happened with users DandyGuy and Earthgwee(as I know she left this forum probably forever due to my presence) do they still active or not?
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

So around two months ago in April I talked about swimming down at the beach and later saying that I had contracted swimmer's ear and lost a bit of hearing in my right ear. Well two months have passed and even after I used some hydrogen peroxide solution to clear out my right ear, my hearing hasn't come back. It concerns me that I might have permanent slight hearing loss in my right ear since it's been some time now and I had expected to regain that sound in my ear. I dunno why, it just bugs me to have one ear hear better than the other for some reason.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:03 am So around two months ago in April I talked about swimming down at the beach and later saying that I had contracted swimmer's ear and lost a bit of hearing in my right ear. Well two months have passed and even after I used some hydrogen peroxide solution to clear out my right ear, my hearing hasn't come back. It concerns me that I might have permanent slight hearing loss in my right ear since it's been some time now and I had expected to regain that sound in my ear. I dunno why, it just bugs me to have one ear hear better than the other for some reason.
Have you been to the doctor about it yet? It's driving me nuts having a blockage in mine with loud tinnitus and I'm not even sure they can do anything about it. I'm hoping after using drops for a while they can syringe it and sort it out.

I really like music but what fucking use is it to you when you can't even hear it! :pascontent:

The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Steo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:28 am
The Jonster wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:03 am So around two months ago in April I talked about swimming down at the beach and later saying that I had contracted swimmer's ear and lost a bit of hearing in my right ear. Well two months have passed and even after I used some hydrogen peroxide solution to clear out my right ear, my hearing hasn't come back. It concerns me that I might have permanent slight hearing loss in my right ear since it's been some time now and I had expected to regain that sound in my ear. I dunno why, it just bugs me to have one ear hear better than the other for some reason.
Have you been to the doctor about it yet? It's driving me nuts having a blockage in mine with loud tinnitus and I'm not even sure they can do anything about it. I'm hoping after using drops for a while they can syringe it and sort it out.

I really like music but what fucking use is it to you when you can't even hear it! :pascontent:
Not yet, I plan to finish signing up for my health insurance either tonight or tomorrow. Interestingly enough, I saw a doctor yesterday but it was for a different reason (somebody else paid in full for me), as my flare ups on the back of my neck came back, this time with a boil on my right side. After diagnosis I was told to see a dermatologist about my condition, though the outlook concerning it seems pretty grim. :?

It sucks when you can't hear music and enjoy it, whether it be due to hearing problems, earbuds getting ripped off, etc.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L