Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Re: Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

Post by Fifo »

– I’m REALLY RAGING at the Space Mama battle!!! IT’S SO HARD TO DO WITH THREE BLOODY HIT POINTS!!!
– those damn pressure cooker pots and the laser beams are SO FRICKIN’ HARD TO DODGE WITHOUT TAKING DAMAGE!!!!!!
––– I’VE WASTED LOTS OF TIME WITH THAT STUPID BOSS BATTLE!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I DID IT!!! Her attack pattern is so unpredictable.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Fifo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:37 pm – I’m REALLY RAGING at the Space Mama battle!!! IT’S SO HARD TO DO WITH THREE BLOODY HIT POINTS!!!
– those damn pressure cooker pots and the laser beams are SO FRICKIN’ HARD TO DODGE WITHOUT TAKING DAMAGE!!!!!!

Hehe you're not the only one who's had that reaction :P

- My sleep schedule is starting to get broken again! This is the umpteenth time that I got up really early, went to my parents' room and fell asleep, and then woken up around 10-12. Maybe I should start drinking some caffeine or at least stop walking over there but the bed over there is much more comfortable compared to mine, and the temperature's colder in there. :lol:
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Fifo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:37 pm – I’m REALLY RAGING at the Space Mama battle!!! IT’S SO HARD TO DO WITH THREE BLOODY HIT POINTS!!!

I just stay on the ground when the pots appear. You need to keep crawling instead of staying still, and there's always a part of the screen you can crawl to where you won't get hit. The laser part is in a simple pattern actually, jump over the beam, punch, duck under the next beam, jump over the beam, punch, duck under the next beam...

+ I don't see any hurricane so far, maybe people were exaggerating.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

Steo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:50 pm I just stay on the ground when the pots appear. You need to keep crawling instead of staying still, and there's always a part of the screen you can crawl to where you won't get hit. The laser part is in a simple pattern actually, jump over the beam, punch, duck under the next beam, jump over the beam, punch, duck under the next beam...
+ I appreciate your advice, even though I beat Space Mama already.

– I still have to do Eat at Joe’s tho
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

I heard from a YouTube channel that the easiest way to dodge almost all of the pressure cookers is to simply duck once staying on the ground at the bottom left of the screen, facing the left side.

+ It was a good day today
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Aaron wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:06 pm I heard from a YouTube channel that the easiest way to dodge almost all of the pressure cookers is to simply duck once staying on the ground at the bottom left of the screen, facing the left side.
This will work for the most part, but there are still a couple of patterns where you'll need to move towards the middle.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Fifo wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:25 am
Steo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:18 am
The Jonster wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:02 am + My next side project will be to place all my programs in one file instead of mixed everywhere like I've let them be in the past. I don't think I'll get anywhere else without organizing first.
+/- It really is hard to try and juggle everything I have to and want to do at once. Focusing on one thing at intervals(i.e. playing my video games a few hours, then switching to my computer to fix my resume for another hour) has helped me (in a way) with getting to each thing I want to do without me getting bored of what I'm doing.
Coming from another person who has ADHD, I know organisation is a nightmare when dealing with it. I often have files on my computer just as disorganised as everything else. The thoughts of trying to organise everything makes you feel like you don't even know where to start, so instead, you just become frustrated.

It basically works in the way that you'll find it very difficult to get things done, as you often want to do so many things at once that you neglect most of those things, only managing to focus on the one that gains your interest the most. Some of the things which are less interesting to you will always remain at the bottom of the pile, and you never seem to feel like you're in the mood to get around to those ones.

This is the sole reason I either never finish most games or other things I start, or at least take forever to actually get back to them and finish them, as I always get sidetracked by something else. When I do find something I'm interested in, I fixate heavily on it, like Rayman for example. It's both a blessing and a curse to deal with, but if you can manage to become organised, that's a huge step.

I wish you the best of luck.
Hey, I feel the same way!

(Sorry for huge quote – don’t kill me for it)
I never got around to saying this but thanks you guys. :mryellow:

It's taking me time, but I'm getting things done, little by little. It really just comes down to how focused I am about reorganising or even starting things. If I'm sidetracked it's not going to happen, like Steo has said. It helps that I try to spend as much time away from home as I can during the day since I'm aware that when I'm home the only things I get done are in relation to my gaming and not anything else. Speaking of which, I know that feeling about not finishing games since it happens to me too and I have tons that I either need to finish/fully complete (both on computer and console). Hah, I might be a completionist after all. :lol:

And I've gotten used to your habits Fifo, there's no need to worry about me getting annoyed again like I have in the past. :)

But either way I'm glad to see you're both well. I've been getting busier lately myself too and honestly there's not much Rayman news lately so there's no need for me to be around here as much. This is still the only forum I've been active on though :P
Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

The Jonster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 pm when I'm home the only things I get done are in relation to my gaming and not anything else.
So I’m not the only one. :mrgreen:
The Jonster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 pm And I've gotten used to your habits Fifo, there's no need to worry about me getting annoyed again like I have in the past. :)
I mean, I’m hesitant to do certain things because I never know what exactly gets me in trouble. Y’know I got yelled at in the past.
(Just thinking about it gives me chills!)
The Jonster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 pm But either way I'm glad to see you're both well. I've been getting busier lately myself too and honestly there's not much Rayman news lately so there's no need for me to be around here as much. This is still the only forum I've been active on though :P
That makes sense.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I only joined here last year, so I didn't know you very well at the time. Anyway, none of that stuff was meant as criticism, it was mainly advice about what you shouldn't be doing on the forum, which was taken the wrong way a couple of times and it all got blown out of proportion.

The time that Aaron and I said we were busy, the response from you seemed fairly hostile, which is what flared everything up. You probably didn't mean it like that, reading text can easily be picked up wrong, because it doesn't have the expression that talking in person has.

Basically, people are only trying to help in such cases, they're not trying to pick a fight with you. If another case arises that bothers you, try not to blow a fuse and/or jump to conclusion right away, try to ask the other person what they meant if you get confused, even if you have to do it via PM. ;)

Fifo
Joe

Post by Fifo »

Steo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:34 pm I only joined here last year, so I didn't know you very well at the time. Anyway, none of that stuff was meant as criticism, it was mainly advice about what you shouldn't be doing on the forum, which was taken the wrong way a couple of times and it all got blown out of proportion.
Yeah I found out.
Steo wrote:The time that Aaron and I said we were busy, the response from you seemed fairly hostile, which is what flared everything up. You probably didn't mean it like that, reading text can easily be picked up wrong, because it doesn't have the expression that talking in person has.
That was my fault. I can be outta control at times, especially when irritated.
Steo wrote:Basically, people are only trying to help in such cases, they're not trying to pick a fight with you. If another case arises that bothers you, try not to blow a fuse and/or jump to conclusion right away, try to ask the other person what they meant if you get confused, even if you have to do it via PM. ;)
Noted, thanks for the advice. :)

Heh, ‘blow a fuse’ – the wording’s making me chuckle!

+ At least all’s well now.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Fifo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm Noted, thanks for the advice. :)
You're welcome.
Fifo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm Heh, ‘blow a fuse’ – the wording’s making me chuckle!
It's a term I've used many times. :lol:
Fifo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm + At least all’s well now.
Nice! :)

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Fifo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:56 pm
The Jonster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 pm when I'm home the only things I get done are in relation to my gaming and not anything else.
So I’m not the only one. :mrgreen:
Right??? :mryellow:
The Jonster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 pm And I've gotten used to your habits Fifo, there's no need to worry about me getting annoyed again like I have in the past. :)
I mean, I’m hesitant to do certain things because I never know what exactly gets me in trouble. Y’know I got yelled at in the past.
(Just thinking about it gives me chills!)
I didn't know you all that well last year so I admit that I was a little harsh on you at times, and I'm sorry for that. I know that there are probably some things that you can't help but talk about (even if it's in anger). Truth be told, I have still run into times where I want to rant somewhere myself.
The Jonster wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 pm But either way I'm glad to see you're both well. I've been getting busier lately myself too and honestly there's not much Rayman news lately so there's no need for me to be around here as much. This is still the only forum I've been active on though :P
That makes sense.
I mean I'm certain we all have our own lives outside of here that we need to deal with too right? Sometime I'd like to meet some of the Rayman fans I've met and hope that they don't like judge me for my personality. Now if only I lived in Europe too this wouldn't be so challenging... :lol:
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

- I tried to play Rayman 3 HD and realised how I like the original so much more for various reasons. Having to press B to roll is ridiculous, and the fact that the score keeps counting after 100k is obviously why people don't use it for scoring, even though it can be done with a menu glitch. My only reason for playing this version will be if I want the achievements, but there's not much point practicing with it, otherwise it will make me adapt to the ridiculous button layout and confuse me when I play the original again.

+ I started playing it on my original Xbox instead, it's a much better game, even if the graphics are worse. There's always PC if I want better graphics.

- Having to keep restarting after messing up is annoying. :lol:

12RayChienne9
Carnivora
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

Today has happened two things:
+ In English class, my classmates and I met a American redhead from Alaska face to face. We were speaking in English all the time. :D
- My mother has messed up part of my bedroom because she cleaned it. I assure you that every time my mother cleans my bedroom, she messes it up. :pascontent:
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

+/- I’m sure every mother does that.
+ Speaking of moms, mine and my sis are traveling to Las Vegas for the week, meaning I get the house to myself today and tomorrow. Woohoo!!
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

+ Today, my school was hosting a party because it was the last day before autumn break and it was amazing and I had a blast! We joked around and played music like Beethoven Fur Elise trap remix for fun.

- I really wish it didn't end so quickly though, this 1 and a half hour just flied by!

+ It was awesome though, seriously.

- I could never say I had fun and actually was sad at the end that it ended since it was so good. Back in elementary school, I actually wanted to go home early like within 30 minutes of it because it was terrible. But I mean, in middle school, the good thing is is that everyone has more freedom and it's not like as if it was the military because that's really how I felt back in elementary how school was.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Aaron wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:08 pm - I really wish it didn't end so quickly though, this 1 and a half hour just flied by!
It "flew" by, my boy! :P

+ First day of vacation.
+ It's only a week and two days, but it seems this will be the longest vacation I've taken since last Christmas!
+ Checked work emails anyway and got some good news!
– No minuses, seems too good to be true. :mefiant:
Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

- I wrote it like "flied by" by accident, I know it's not spelled that way, stop nitpicking man. It's genuinely annoying sometimes. (not to offend or anything as I mean no harm but seriously when people do this it boils my blood)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Meh, I'm sure Plum means it in a friendly manner rather than a know it all one. :winkgrin:

+ I got everything sorted to use my Nvidia GPU on Linux and still be able to play Origins.

- SBTC causes headaches when it comes to getting a better score on it.

Aaron
Vendeur

Post by Aaron »

- Oh, I'm sorry if that was the case indeed, it's just that it sounded like he was nitpicking.

- I agree with the SBTC thing very much and can relate.