Rayman Headcanons

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique
Tings: 25637

Re: Rayman Headcanons

Post by StelzenBomber »

in my headcannon: Rayman origis story bit added in vita are non cannon
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

It is ridiculous though, Globox is one thing and it's slightly more plausible, but Rayman's hair is a no no. :nono:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique

Post by StelzenBomber »

I did not know thar poll existed
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

I think there's a reason why we need a power-up in Rayman 3 to FLY.

Rayman, from what I understand and assume his probable age, when young he can't get off the ground without the help of a power orb.
In rayman 2 is the same principle, but at this age he's close to hit adolescence. He still requires assistance of a flight boost until adulthood.

After he defeated Admiral Razorbeard, Razor then set the Grolgoth to self-destruct, blowing the Buccaneer to pieces.
Now, being someone who watches nightmare fuel videos about the Chernobyl Nuclear Power plant disaster late at night, I think that our limbless boy might have suffered from exposure to the explosion.

Rayman is a pre-adolescent in R3, but his flight is heavily limited due to the Exposure. Look at the tips, his hair looks frayed. And given that he and the Glade's inhabitants can sleep for 300 years, his hair might recover in 50.000 years or less. Which is eternal compared to a human.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

So you mean that his ultimate destiny is to have unlimited flight? Interesting theory.
Maybe that's why there haven't been any more games, it'd be tough to design around that for every single level. :fou:
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

PluMGMK wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm So you mean that his ultimate destiny is to have unlimited flight? Interesting theory.
Maybe that's why there haven't been any more games, it'd be tough to design around that for every single level. :fou:
Not exactly.
He would have been granted that ability if only he wasn't exposed to the radiation. My latest theory is based on my observation.
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2255

Post by ZelenPixel »

uh oh theres hasnt been a post in a few months here so i hope its ok if i make a new one
so anyway. uglette can and will kick ass.if you hurt her kids (or husband) She Will Obliterate You. i dont know how i came up with this but i like it
Dear Mario,

Where am i
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Well Globox can create rainclouds, so I don't see why Uglette shouldn't be able to develop/learn/awake some kind of magic ability.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

ZelenPixel wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:25 pm uh oh theres hasnt been a post in a few months here so i hope its ok if i make a new one
Of course it's OK. As long as your reply can add value to the thread, there's no problem with it. :)
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

Ever since I watched Toy Story 3 where Buzz is reset to Spanish, I wonder if that happened to Henchman 1000 too.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Indy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:28 am Ever since I watched Toy Story 3 where Buzz is reset to Spanish, I wonder if that happened to Henchman 1000 too.
That makes a lot of sense, I'll add that to my personal headcanon :mrgreen:.
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

I think I may know the real reason why we will never see Razorbeard and his Henchmen ever again.

Just a heads-up: This isn't true by any means, so it's probably just a bunch of implausible bunk until Ubisoft themselves sheds light on this besides what's already been said in interviews or mentioned artbooks. I hadn't touched upon any Rayman games lately, so my knowledge is rusty at this point. So you're free to correct me on any of this.

According to Rayman's History artbook (the French one), Ubisoft commented that they didn't like Rayman 2 for it's heavy themes. This seems suspicious to me...
About a year later, they started developing the most well known spin-off game in the series, Rayman Multiplayer. It was released in November 2001 for Microsoft PC and Sony PlayStation 2. A North American version was released the year after, titled; Rayman Arena. And this is where the problem lies.
It lies among the playable characters you can unlock. Which are Razorwife, Tily, and the fan-favorite of all three, Henchman 1000.

The latter is more enticing than the rest, right? Well, maybe not to the developers... and some of you as well
From my observation, I presume Ubisoft would routinely use the Robo Pirates like they have done so with Globox, Teensies, and now Barbara.

But, post production of the GameCube version of Rayman Arena, they had a second thought.
All the playable characters in the game have a idle animation. Some of which are true or in tune with their character. Such as Razorbeard, he does a Irish River Dance because he has Irish ancestors and has a short temper. Razorwife puts on her make-up because she's one of the beauty-freaks. And finally, Henchman 1000 is known to bear a fake moustache, and a Spanish accent. His idle animation though? He stands tall for a second, then plops down on his metallic buttocks with his arms crossed. Like a lazy Mexican stereotype.

As a small studio compared to Activision, Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, a smidgen tiny bit of backlash would hurt them.
If I were to show the gif of this idle animation to some minorities, surely I'd receive comments what they think of it, and how it can be possibly improved.
It's maybe not a big deal to some people, but it is to many others. If Ubisoft were to bring the Robo-Pirates back, including Razorwife and Henchman 1000, I suggest they give H-1000 the El Buzzo treatment. During a fight or accident, H-1000's memory get's corrupted and now fluently speaks a different, foreign language. Just like what happened to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 3.

TL;DR: The Ubisoft not liking Rayman 2 was a possible cover-up of something controversial, or to hide something that could potentially ruin their image forever. Given how small they are.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that this is speculation afterall. It's not meant to be taken seriously, but I wanted to get it out there. And if this by any means is true, I did not write my hypothesis to make the heads @ Ubisoft look bad, nor Michel Ancel for that matter. I'm sure they're decent human beings, and they wouldn't want to offend anybody either. Not in the past, present, or the distant future.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Indy wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:31 pm And finally, Henchman 1000 is known to bear a fake moustache, and a Spanish accent. His idle animation though? He stands tall for a second, then plops down on his metallic buttocks with his arms crossed. Like a lazy Mexican stereotype.
When does that animation appear? I don't remember it. Even after watching some gameplay of Rayman M/Arena I'm unable to find anything offensive about the character, but the contrary, when I was a kid I always thought he was the coolest and was my favorite character to play with.

Besides, it is true that he says "ándale" which is a mexican slang, however his theme song is country music, which originated in the United States, so my guess is that he was inspired by a mixture of different elements, I don't think he was supposed to represent any specific culture.
LavaLampLoveInn
Lums
Tings: 40

Post by LavaLampLoveInn »

Barbara can sound like a total dude if she wants to, just to fuck with people or get their attention.
She can also torture people by singing Disney Esque "I want" songs until their heads explode.

Man, there's soo many headcanon's I want to get off my chest.
LavaLampLoveInn
Lums

Also, the whole Barbarian thing for Barbara isn't just "oh look, a pretty princess, but with an axe!" No, when it comes to Barbara and her society they go fucking hardcore, their children's books are stuffed with gore and pages upon pages of blood, you could beat the living shit out of someone and still be best friends with them the next day, you're considered a legend if you die the most badass way possible, that kind of shit.

I mean, I assume they're made of more fragile stuff when compared to Ray, and with all the crazy monsters and nightmares that are already there ready to murder folks, it kinda would make sense.
Last edited by LavaLampLoveInn on Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I guess that would be a natural extension of the whole "Rayman and Globox slapping each other silly" business, along with her being the first human to appear in a Rayman game. :fou:

Also, double-posting is discouraged – we have an edit button on posts. ;)
LavaLampLoveInn
Lums

PluMGMK wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:28 pm I guess that would be a natural extension of the whole "Rayman and Globox slapping each other silly" business, along with her being the first human to appear in a Rayman game. :fou:

Also, double-posting is discouraged – we have an edit button on posts. ;)
Thanks for letting me know. :D
ZelenPixel
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2255

Post by ZelenPixel »

lemme just say i love these headcanons omg. they really fit well with how absolutely wild the characters in the ubiart games can be
Dear Mario,

Where am i
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique

Post by StelzenBomber »

I have a new headcanon

As much as i like the ubiart games, they arent cannon dor me

Only games cannon imo are 1-3 and rabbids 1, +hoodlums revenge