Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Steo »

I'm a little annoyed that the oldest dog we have is dying. I was only 13 years old back when we first got him, I have a lot of good memories from back then, but sadly all good things come to an end. I'm almost sure he went deaf a long time ago, and it also looks like he was going blind in one eye too. He was basically just barking at nothing lately, and doing so more often than usual last night. He's usually greedy when the others are eating, but the last couple of days he wouldn't even get out of the dog house and eat. We tried to give him water the last couple of days also, but he refused to even drink it.

RIP yet another dog I guess. :(
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

So I thought I would be absolutely free for this summer. My sister didn't do well according to her school report and ended up getting punished and her summer has been sorted a different way.

My father then decided to give ME the same conditions as he gave her. So now, I am limited to two hours only on the computer and other garbage. I didn't do anything to deserve this. All of that effort and time putting together those annoying school projects and this is the thanks I get.
I basically got punished like how my sister got punished. Why did he decide to do that to me, when I have been clearly working very hard, maybe harder than my sister.

Wow.

This is precisely why, I can't tell the difference between success and failure. Because this is reminding me of those dark times I have had since I was in the third form level at my original school where I got punished by my father even though I came first in class. (He didn't even congratulate me that time.)

Now I can't participate in SOTM nor Manipulate that Image, because my time there is made so short. He believes I only use that thing just to play games which is not TRUE. I would tell him the truth but again, this is another situation where telling the truth will make people especially my father think I am coming with an excuse and what I say is always bullshit. I use that thing for constructive things. You guys would know also because you have seen what I had done. Some of you did, anyway. With all the happiness in making artworks and signatures.

Even being a good person doesn't do you any good. I swear.

I am little pissed off because I deserve the right to do what I want to do for the summer. All of that time, effort and frustration that was spent in putting together those assignments and finishing my exams(I even had to put together a big product and I am one of the two people who only finished that project for the school term) and this is what I get. Limited time on leisures and he decides to change up my summer.

He probably thinks I am not disciplined enough, but I don't get it. I have been showing that I am disciplined many times before. But you know, I guess this is what I get for doing the right thing.

I hate life.

I believe spending a week at my grandmother's would do the trick since I can be with my cousins and have fun. But I am hoping for that to happen. I can't be doing this for the entire vacation after all that hard work. Especially since I will be going through that crap again when school starts again.
Aaron
Vendeur
Tings: 81340

Post by Aaron »

Ouch. Extremely sorry to hear all that.

Yeah I just don't get why for parents it's somehow good to make their children (I know you're not a child, I'm just putting it this way because I have no other choice really) go through embarrassing situations where they feel like they're backed into a corner where no matter what they do, they get in trouble even if they seriously didn't do anything. Some of this shit makes no sense at all that parents do. I love my parents and have nothing against them except this utter bullshit. If they ask you a question for instance like "What are you doing there?" when you're actually searching for something useful for real on Google and they misinterpret it, and to a question, you ask it most of the time because you want an answer (except for rhetorical questions, obviously) and if you stay completely silent, that's gonna make them angry, but even if you do answer, they still get pissed off because they always think you're trying to make up excuses even if they particularly know you would never do anything like that and it's stuff like this that infuriates me.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

My instructor lately has become much more aggressive. He lashed out at some of my colleagues this week and told me off for slacking in class as if he thinks he's right. IDGAF how experienced he is, we're still people too and we have feelings. This morning my friend had a large blowout with him and it escalated to a shouting match for 5 minutes though I wasn't around to see it as I stepped outside before it happened.

I think things are just getting to me lately though, as this week has been stressful with a hard Java assignment on threads (which is totally an unknown subject to me).
That wouldn't have been a problem for most of us if the instructor would be more helpful and giving much more info if he wasn't going to make this easy.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I never seen this, but the only Java practice I've had was in a private server just testing a Discord bot and seeing how it would respond to commands. You seen that for yourself of course, but what I was doing was extremely basic compared to what one could do with practice. :winkgrin:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

So, a month ago I learned what one of my other former friends had done. Warning: What you are about to read may be disturbing. I had the displeasure of meeting someone who would later become something THIS atrocious...

I met this person around 2014 on Tumblr when the Book of Life was trending, and it was all over the dang place. Sometime later, we added each other to Skype. But, as we had our first convo there, I noticed that the way she typed and acted seemed very familiar to me. But I shrugged it off as she couldn't be that one of the people who initiated dramas in the Rayman community. So, I didn't bother asking for more details. (Though, I wish I had) We suspiciously stopped talking in 2015, a year before I switched to Discord.

Meanwhile, she was doing questionable things behind my back. Mainly grooming minors.
I didn't know of this until one of my DA friends posted a status warning me and others about this person, urging us to block and report her.
And she did more than grooming minors. She'd also ask for private stuff in servers where underage members are present, demand nudes from minors she stalks/follows online, and pretends to be a lesbian to gain LGBT points.

But the worst thing she has ever done... was that she drove a young girl to commit suicide through sexting.
To my understanding, this poor gal was already going through some deep shit, and this pedophilac bitch was the last straw that broke the camel's back. So the poor thing ended it all. I can't believe that one of the chill but easily excitable people that I've met turned out to be a CRIMINAL SCUM. I nearly threw up when I looked at the evidences. Her family, and her councilor apparently, did not take serious action. In fact, the state where she lives in, protects sexual predators like her.

In short: I was friends with a pedophile who targeted minors and drove one to suicide. I'm still furious for what had happened. I'm so mad that I don't even want to make more new friends.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

So, this person used to be an active member of the "Rayman community" (which includes RPC)?
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

Elite Piranha wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:13 am So, this person used to be an active member of the "Rayman community" (which includes RPC)?
No, but I did think at first they were or could have been based on the way they typed and acted. They would openly list their social medias even after they were caught doing nasty shit with others. So, they never were a active member on RPC as far as I know. But they are multi-fandom that also happens to include Rayman and some other things I'm interested (Jurassic World, Pokemon, Mystery Skulls, and possibly We Happy Few)

Let me tell you, I've had friends who are multi-fandom, but they aren't as wack as this bitch.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Indy wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:01 am No, but I did think at first they were or could have been based on the way they typed and acted. They would openly list their social medias even after they were caught doing nasty shit with others. So, they never were a active member on RPC as far as I know. But they are multi-fandom that also happens to include Rayman and some other things I'm interested (Jurassic World, Pokemon, Mystery Skulls, and possibly We Happy Few)

Let me tell you, I've had friends who are multi-fandom, but they aren't as wack as this bitch.
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Damn that sounds awful! I dunno who this lunatic is but I hope someday she gets what she deserves. Hopefully she lives nowhere close to me.
Indy
Crapaud blindé

Post by Indy »

The Jonster wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:10 pm Damn that sounds awful! I dunno who this lunatic is but I hope someday she gets what she deserves. Hopefully she lives nowhere close to me.
She lives in Washington according to sources. If you live there, and you happen to run into her, keep your family members, and whomever else is around you, safe. She has access to small children (she's a aunt), and she possibly fantasizes about them as well.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Jesus Christ that's messed up! :?

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Well in that case, I have no troubles since I live far away from Washington. Still that’s just fucking wrong, glad you got out of that friendship. There are some really wacko loonybirds out there, I don’t want to know those weirdos.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

There's a new problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS_z43xfaaY
I guess this means kids will replace adults,right? It's like letting children watch adult swim cartoons,right?
Even MatPat from Game Theorists youtube channel about COPPA.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I've just heard constant bad things about COPPA, I think people just want to kill the Internet slowly.

Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Everything about COPPA sounds terrible, here are Jim Sterling's video and MatPat's video:

Edit: I'm worried for the SuperBeardBros.
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

Well it's 19 years old law.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

I have a very poor understanding of the situation, but I think that, because YouTube had violated COPPA for so long, it's until now that it's starting to suffer the repercussions of that, which include paying a 170 million dollar fine and having to be more strict in regards to how the content is classified.

Edit: petition to save Family-Friendly Content on YouTube: https://www.change.org/p/youtubers-and- ... topic_page
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by gamerz31w »

Youtube Kids TV is not for children. Even adult swim cartoons. Also Nate Ruegger and Tim Sweeney of Epic Games blocked me on Twitter. Anyway poor mister Cliff Bleszinski.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnWY0mE_Mhk&app=desktop